Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #1396
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Wonderful news Alicia!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #1397
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

That's great news, Alicia. My sister has been searching for jobs and doing the whole group interview stuff and then never hears back. I can understand how frustrating it would be for you.

Bought myself a new pair of Crocs today. Kids ones . Lightning McQueen one and I added a jibbitz of . I got them half price so paid $23 for them. Gotta love being small so I can get away with these things! I can see myself walking around WDW next year with them on

Back to the gym today after more than a month of relative inactivity (if you don't count my wandering around Melbourne the other week). I'm still stuck at 67kg Consoled myself with a 6" turkey and salad Subway on Italian herbs roll with a macadamia bikkie and small coke. Should've ignored the coke and biscuit though.

Welcome back, Karen. HOpe you had a great time.
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #1398
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Yay Alicia on getting a new job Onwards and upwards
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #1399
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Congratulations Alicia!!!! That's fantastic news, hope it all works out well now that must be a weight off your shoulders, especially while planning
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #1400
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

awww, you are all too kind.

i have spent the day just bumming around the house, enjoying one of my last days of freedom before returning to work.

wrote letters to both of my grandmothers this morning and will post those tomorrow.

also spent quite some time on my bike, clocked 16km distance today with a higher resistance level. i want to lose a little more weight before work on monday.

turns out that a colleague from a previous job also works for the same company i will be with, in the same department. she also is struggling with her weight, and starts tony ferguson on monday with her partner. we are going to be weight loss work buddies, so i am feeling all kinds of pumped about this new start on monday

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #1401
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Congrats Alicia thats awesome news

Back Karen and Andona
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #1402
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Alicia that's awesome news! I'm so happy for you! The sooner you can get back to work the sooner you can start day dreaming about quitting!!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #1403
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
so last week i went to a recruitment company to register for a job. they had me sit in a room and fill in forms for 2 hours and told me they would put me forward for the next round of opportunities. no interview. no personality test, writing test, math test, personality test, etc. seemed too good to be true.

sent them an email yesterday asking if all the forms were filled in correctly and if they needed more details about references etc. got a reply stating that they had completed ref checks, put my name forward and should be getting back to me later this week.

got a call at 8.15am this morning that went something like this: 'Hi Alicia? How you doing hon? Yeah, just wanted to let you know you start work Monday at 8.15am at XXX location. Congrats!! I'll send you an email with the details. Bye'

omg!!! so in 5 more days i will be officially employed again. I am so, so, so happy.

a. we really need the money. b. i'm going stir crazy with nothing to do. c. this trip next year is now a possibility and i can get excited about it again. d. i can now afford to do xmas and carlo's birthday.

oh, the happiness i am feeling right now. i just did a little boogie dance in my study in my pjs.
Congratulations Alicia.

So happy that it worked out!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #1404
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Alicia that's awesome news! I'm so happy for you! The sooner you can get back to work the sooner you can start day dreaming about quitting!!
Bad patch at work, Bec?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #1405
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

I got a pin code!!!

Yesterday i was thinking of changing our itinerary and dropping wdw and i woke up this morning with an email from disney and a pin code!!!

I am doing the happy dance in my pjs again for the second day in a row

Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #1406
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
I got a pin code!!!

Yesterday i was thinking of changing our itinerary and dropping wdw and i woke up this morning with an email from disney and a pin code!!!

Wow! That's fantastic! I didn't think they sent pin codes to anyone without a USA address.

So glad the pixie dust is raining on you at the moment Alicia, after all your work and health problems , its time you had some wonderful news

Have fun working on your itinerary

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #1407
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Wow! That's fantastic! I didn't think they sent pin codes to anyone without a USA address.

So glad the pixie dust is raining on you at the moment Alicia, after all your work and health problems , its time you had some wonderful news

Have fun working on your itinerary

Andona
lol. they don't.

i jumped on the website this morning to investigate further, and it didn't recognise my zip/postal code. so i rang disney reservations, they looked it up and they had an iowa zip code in the system for me (what the ????). after much investigation, it turns out that my queensland address with post code of 4152 matches up with an iowa address with zip code 41521, so for some reason, when it was added into their reservation system, the extra 1 was added.

all fixed now after the lovely louise-antoinette fixed it for me, i got to start my day listening to disney tunes, and i get to keep the pin code.

omg, love the pixie dust

Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #1408
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
I got a pin code!!!

That is really great news Alicia. looks like it's all turning round for you.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #1409
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Bad patch at work, Bec?

What..? Doesn't everyone day dream about quitting???
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #1410
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That is really great news Alicia. looks like it's all turning round for you.
lol. the lovely louise-antoinette was lovely. but it turns out, not all of my issues were fixed... i was told my pin would be up & running within 30 mins.

1.5 hours later i call back as it's still not working. this time i got Blair who was even more lovely and professional. turns out, she could see it on her system, but it hadn't uploaded to the internet yet. not a problem. she corrected my address on the system (recorded incorrectly and not picked up during the first call), added the pin code to my reservation, gave me a quote, put a note on the reservation to put us as close to animation hall as possible in one of the cars suites, put a note on our reservation for first visit buttons and explained how 'pixie dust' worked and gave me the details for DCL reservations etc and just was omg awesome. i left good comments for her.

i love disney reservations. they are just so, so pleasant and happy and uplifting. i am in such a good mood right now. and on my phone plan, i can call them for 5c/minute so the 30 min call was only $1.50. score!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: