Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #1351
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Well my latest news is that Mum and Dad want to take us (the extended family) to Fiji on holiday for a week next October to celebrate Dad's 70th birthday. That will be my parents ex Auckland, my family of five ex Wellington, my sister and her own family of five ex Christchurch and my other sister and her husband ex Sydney. Since my sister and I both have a child in high school, it will have to be in the school holidays even though Dad's birthday is on October 21st so we are looking at the dates 5-11 October. Oh and DD14 has to be in Auckland on 12 October for the One Direction concert that she and her friends have already (!) bought tickets for. So that's all very exciting of course. Our last extended family trip was to Vietnam in 2009 for Mum's birthday but this one will be quite sentimental as we lived in Fiji for a couple of years when I was young so it holds a special place in our hearts.

Anyway, I've been tasked to organise it so have decided that we will probably go out to Mana and am currently getting rates. I've contaced Air NZ and we can apply for group fares so, once it is within 11 months out, I can get a quote. I figure that closer to the time I'll book a fishing trip for Dad and the "boys" and an island hopping trip for us all but, other than that, that's it - one year out and not much else for me to do!! That's why our WDW trip was such fun for me to plan - so much to research and learn.

Hopefully knowing that I will have this Fiji trip will lessen my intense yearning to go back to WDW next December and I can then work on hopefully getting back in December 2014. Fingers crossed anyway.
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #1352
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam
Just having a little brag here because I'm graduating tonight will be so nice to be completely finished with university! And only 13 sleeps to go
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #1353
battymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post
Well my latest news is that Mum and Dad want to take us (the extended family) to Fiji on holiday for a week next October to celebrate Dad's 70th birthday. That will be my parents ex Auckland, my family of five ex Wellington, my sister and her own family of five ex Christchurch and my other sister and her husband ex Sydney. Since my sister and I both have a child in high school, it will have to be in the school holidays even though Dad's birthday is on October 21st so we are looking at the dates 5-11 October. Oh and DD14 has to be in Auckland on 12 October for the One Direction concert that she and her friends have already (!) bought tickets for. So that's all very exciting of course. Our last extended family trip was to Vietnam in 2009 for Mum's birthday but this one will be quite sentimental as we lived in Fiji for a couple of years when I was young so it holds a special place in our hearts.

Anyway, I've been tasked to organise it so have decided that we will probably go out to Mana and am currently getting rates. I've contaced Air NZ and we can apply for group fares so, once it is within 11 months out, I can get a quote. I figure that closer to the time I'll book a fishing trip for Dad and the "boys" and an island hopping trip for us all but, other than that, that's it - one year out and not much else for me to do!! That's why our WDW trip was such fun for me to plan - so much to research and learn.

Hopefully knowing that I will have this Fiji trip will lessen my intense yearning to go back to WDW next December and I can then work on hopefully getting back in December 2014. Fingers crossed anyway.

Wow!!

How exciting and generous!

We spent our honeymoon on Mana Island in October - 22 years ago !
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #1354
battymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
Just having a little brag here because I'm graduating tonight will be so nice to be completely finished with university! And only 13 sleeps to go
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #1355
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Wow!!

How exciting and generous!

We spent our honeymoon on Mana Island in October - 22 years ago !
We spent our honeymoon across the water at Castaway Island 18 years ago. I was thrilled to get back there, with our children this time, for my big birthday two years ago and would love to go there this time but it's far too $$. I've also holidayed at Mana at in recent years and like it so know it will be a good option for the extended family. My niece and nephews have never been to Fiji!!
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #1356
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
congratulations on the graduation ceremony. mine was strangely surreal as it took a while for it to sink in that it was all over and i was outta there for good

less than 2 weeks to go now!! those last few weeks seemed to drag for me -- i just wanted to be on my holiday already

in unrelated news -- when i went for my interview yesterday, there was myself and 3 other women in a really small stuffy room for 2 hours. such a hot little box of a room, so we were sweating to death. the last 20 mins they turned the aircon on which had one temp -- freezing. woke up this morning feeling vaguely off and now have a case of raging flu -- headache, dizziness, fever, sweating, swollen glands (like the size of a golf ball, so painful to swallow), sinus and blocked nose, losing my voice and throat feels like it's coated in razor blades... keep your distance people -- i don't want anyone to catch it

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #1357
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Congratulations!

Enjoy the graduation ceremony. Well deserved.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #1358
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post

That's a great family vacay to plan for. Enjoy.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #1359
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Congratulations Frangipanisam!!!!!

Travel Mum, that is very exciting news!!!

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:37 AM   #1360
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Congrats!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #1361
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
congratulations on the graduation ceremony. mine was strangely surreal as it took a while for it to sink in that it was all over and i was outta there for good
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Congratulations!

Enjoy the graduation ceremony. Well deserved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Congratulations Frangipanisam!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Congrats!!
Thanks everyone It was such a good night, I'll figure out how to post a photo in my PRT

I was a tiny bit cut though because I was sat by myself away from the four girls I was graduating with for the ceremony, if 1 person hadn't registered I would have been with them!! lol oh well not a big deal, I was just bored

Hope you don't get sick or too sick Alicia and good luck with the job
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #1362
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

driving licences

I got mine on my 3rd attempt and was then miffed when I did get it because mum and dad wouldn't let me drive their car on my own

I had a horrible tester on two goes, and I remember he failed me for driving in the right lane on the freeway in Brisbane and I also rolled slightly doing a 3 point turn on a hill I'm also still horrible at reverse parking.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #1363
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

Fiji planning for all the family sounds fun Travel Mum-good therapy to keep the disblues away!

Congrats Frangipanisam-my DD graduated last year. Its a great feeling and you have a fantastic trip to celebrate.

Alicia1506-hope you shake the cold/flu off quickly -what a bummer. I have everything crossed for you re the job. Hopefully your luck will turn soon. Its such a tough job market at the moment. I am grateful I have had a run of back to back contracts the last few years.

On that topic I just found out in my current contract a big submission is due mid March (we were all anticipating it would be the end of May) so it will be crazy over Xmas onwards...but this might mean we go to Europe and DLP in May/June instead of Sept/Oct I was planning..aah not enough time to get organised for this ocd planner (especially since work will be nutso hours) and some great deals have already been out for ages! Spent last night studying airfare combo's.
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #1364
becpee
I see sock puppets

My mum just messaged me on Facebook telling me one of her friends Dad had a bad nosebleed on Monday that wouldn't stop so he saw a Dr, he was promptly diagnosed with Leukemia and given a week to live.
At least he hasn't been in pain, but it just makes you cherish the time you have.

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #1365
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
My mum just messaged me on Facebook telling me one of her friends Dad had a bad nosebleed on Monday that wouldn't stop so he saw a Dr, he was promptly diagnosed with Leukemia and given a week to live.
At least he hasn't been in pain, but it just makes you cherish the time you have.

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
Seize the day......a great way to live.....Cause you never know what the universe has in store for you tomorrow.

By the looks of this thread and the post count, you guys have been busy the last few weeks...congrats, get well soon, awesome, sorry to hear about that....hope I haven't forgotten anyone...

Can't wait to get home on my desk top, my iPad is just too small to read properly, or am I just getting old
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: