Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #1306
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Its pouring with rain the kids are sitting on the couch with blankets on and we have the heater going i thought we would come home to warm weather this is crazy bring on summer!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #1307
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4
Its pouring with rain the kids are sitting on the couch with blankets on and we have the heater going i thought we would come home to warm weather this is crazy bring on summer!
Oh no, really!!?? I was really hoping that we would be coming home to warm weather too. I wish I could send some of this Louisiana heat home to Sydney !

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #1308
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Sitting in a knee brace waiting two weeks until I can see my surgeon who is on holidays to see if my brand new knee injury will be OK to go to Italy with DH for 2 week without kiddies in 6 weeks time. At the moment I cant even get around 4 aisles at the supermarket. Tuscan villages seem a very long way away. I am just shattered and my physio last night just shook his head. We have so been looking forward to this trip for his 40th. I am trying to come up with some silver lining.

We really did use frequent flyer points this time and we get those refunded except for 10000 of them if we have to cancel. They can add to the collection for WDW and NY perhaps this time next year Trying to make myself a little happy. Not working quite as well as I thought Disney magic would work but I like to have an alternative.

Thanks for listening, I knew you would all understand. DH is so disappointed...

that he married a klutz I do love him.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #1309
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Sitting in a knee brace waiting two weeks until I can see my surgeon who is on holidays to see if my brand new knee injury will be OK to go to Italy with DH for 2 week without kiddies in 6 weeks time. At the moment I cant even get around 4 aisles at the supermarket. Tuscan villages seem a very long way away. I am just shattered and my physio last night just shook his head. We have so been looking forward to this trip for his 40th. I am trying to come up with some silver lining.

We really did use frequent flyer points this time and we get those refunded except for 10000 of them if we have to cancel. They can add to the collection for WDW and NY perhaps this time next year Trying to make myself a little happy. Not working quite as well as I thought Disney magic would work but I like to have an alternative.

*sigh* Sorry to read this. Get better soon.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #1310
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet

Oh no, you poor thing ! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the best possible outcome. Are you in a lot of pain?

Andona

2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #1311
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
*sigh* Sorry to read this. Get better soon.
Thanks PIO, just having a little pity party this morning. I'll pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Oh no, you poor thing ! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the best possible outcome. Are you in a lot of pain?

Andona

Andona, you are so kind. I was just reading your trip report. I am just loving it. I am in pain when I move and when I stay in the same position for too long. I could take more pain killers but DH is away at the moment and I have this parent guilt thing about being alert when you are the only grown up with the kids. When he gets home tomorrow it will be caution to the wind....

Worst case is we have to postpone which will be sad as we were going to be away for his birthday and nothing will change that, best case is that I am running around. A good solution is being able to wander a bit each day and maybe pop a pill in the evening. I am happy for the middle ground at the moment.

Thank you both for listening.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #1312
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no . That is just awful news for you. I'm sure you DH isn't disappointed he married his beautiful klutzy wife . These things happen which is a shame but try to stay super positive. Keep planning like nothing has changed and convince the universe you are good to go. I'm going to send happy vibes your way as well. It's going to be fine. You will be able to go, chant it with me, you will be able to go.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1313
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Oh and thank you for giving me a reality check. I was coming onto this thread to say how I hated my new avatar . I had to change it because Jess Newb is using the Arial one now and it was confusing me when I looked in threads and I kept thinking I had already commented .

Anyway, I was going to sook and say what can my new avatar be but AWIDY, your situation makes me realise that I am stupido and there are more important things to worry about.

Chin up lovely.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #1314
battymum
DIS Veteran

I love your Avatar !

I was going to comment -(but didnt) so cute with the camera head!!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #1315
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Oh no . That is just awful news for you. I'm sure you DH isn't disappointed he married his beautiful klutzy wife . These things happen which is a shame but try to stay super positive. Keep planning like nothing has changed and convince the universe you are good to go. I'm going to send happy vibes your way as well. It's going to be fine. You will be able to go, chant it with me, you will be able to go.
I am thinking positive thoughts, if I think the worst possible scenario it only gets better. I am doing everything I can to be OK. Thanks for the happy vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Oh and thank you for giving me a reality check. I was coming onto this thread to say how I hated my new avatar . I had to change it because Jess Newb is using the Arial one now and it was confusing me when I looked in threads and I kept thinking I had already commented .

Anyway, I was going to sook and say what can my new avatar be but AWIDY, your situation makes me realise that I am stupido and there are more important things to worry about.

Chin up lovely.
That's what I love about you all. Nothing is too trivial or major for any of us to share with each other. In fact it is just so easy to be honest as we don't judge. Maybe if they were profiling disney addicts this may be one of the personalities. And I get the confusion, when we are on here as much as we are we don't need to be feeling anymore confused than life currently makes us. How are your Europe plans coming along?
Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
I love your Avatar !

I was going to comment -(but didnt) so cute with the camera head!!
Battymum, I agree!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #1316
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum from oz View Post
I'm stressing about getting into Uni.

Damn me and my 17 year old self that thought HSC... who cares! I am glad in a sense that I was not in the right head space to do well in the HSC and do well at uni. I like so many 17 year olds also had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.

So now here I am, applied to get in and they are asking for proof of English proficiency. After panicking and a few phone calls I have now found out that year 10 will be good enough, especially since I had a reasonable mark.

Now I have to:
  • Finish up chasing a reference from my old work
  • Find or get a new copy of my School Certificate transcript
  • Sit the STAT test this Saturday
I started uni in my early 30's and it was the best thing I ever did. Just take your time and realise your limitations and strengths and you will do fine. I took 5 years to do my 4 year degree and I started when my youngest was 18months old or something like that.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #1317
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Just a little vent

I am angry at my mum and sick of her stupid little games.

On a brighter note, I came home to a relatively clean house after a week away (but I refuse to contemplate what things DH threw away in my absence). And after 2.5 years in this house I have finally gotten around to painting the cheap timber shelving sets I bought after we moved in that are in the kitchen since we have little storage space in our house. I've got 2 done and 2 to go. I hope to get them finished by the end of the school holidays
Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #1318
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Oh no, really!!?? I was really hoping that we would be coming home to warm weather too. I wish I could send some of this Louisiana heat home to Sydney !

Andona

Please send it to Perth as well
Quote:

Oh my gosh and i am complaining about the weather i hope you recover really quickly but honestly if your not feeling 100% you are better of to not go than feel like you have missed out on the trip hobbling around is not fun. Can you reschedule for when you are recovered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

On a brighter note, I came home to a relatively clean house after a week away (but I refuse to contemplate what things DH threw away in my absence). And after 2.5 years in this house I have finally gotten around to painting the cheap timber shelving sets I bought after we moved in that are in the kitchen since we have little storage space in our house. I've got 2 done and 2 to go. I hope to get them finished by the end of the school holidays
on the mum front. Great news about the clean house i would hate to imagine what my DH would throw away if he spring cleaned our house
Old 09-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #1319
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post

Oh my gosh and i am complaining about the weather i hope you recover really quickly but honestly if your not feeling 100% you are better of to not go than feel like you have missed out on the trip hobbling around is not fun. Can you reschedule for when you are recovered?
Ta
Yes we can reschedule which we just might have to, shame I can't reschedule his 40th. We shall talk over the weekend when DH gets back home again, he has been away for the last two weeks. As I said to my mum last night, if you said I could go to Disneyland tomorrow I just couldn't Never thought I would ever hear me say that.

Hope you are getting back some energy after your trip. Loved reading along. Your house sounds just like ours when DH is away. Everything can wait until the day before he gets home. There is only so much you can do. Sending some QLD Sunshine your way.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #1320
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You poor thing Fingers crossed you get better in time, even if it is a slower paced holiday that normal. If not then at least you can reschedule, tell hubby he can have his 40th twice, once at home and whenever you get to Italy.

Quote:
I started uni in my early 30's and it was the best thing I ever did. Just take your time and realise your limitations and strengths and you will do fine. I took 5 years to do my 4 year degree and I started when my youngest was 18months old or something like that.
Thank you, that gives me hope to do well. I will take my time as I figure I will still have a good 30 years to have a great career.

Quote:

Sucks when family are being a pain.... I wish my other half would clean something up! I am in serious need of de-cluttering, just seem to find way more interesting things to do.
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: