Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #571
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
i follow star trek characters and airlines......yep I'm a freak...

oh, and my friend at work who keeps me up to date re radiohead (who i really dont understand but it bonds us)
LOL

Star Trek?

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #572
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

so, I have had a very full day.

not long after my last post in this thread I went home for my healthy lunch. 20 minutes into my lunch break I was called by a colleague who let me know one of the houses I manage (I'm a property manager) had burnt down...

so I cut my lunch short to go and investigate. they were still putting it out when I got there. then I had the pleasure of informing the owner, only for him to go really quiet and say "but it's not insured..." I can only imagine the sinking feeling in his stomach. Not only will they get nothing for the house, but they have to pay to have it demolished too...

so dealing with that is how I spent the rest of my day.

And now tonight I was feeding my fur babies before going to bed and I felt/heard this thumping noise, shaking the windows, walls and stuff. Figured it was a plane that I could feel but couldn't hear- if that makes sense. Then I felt it again. Turns out Tamworth has had its first earthquake in almost 50 years! and we had 2 of them!

now I'm too excited to sleep!

What a start to the weekend!
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #573
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

life is definitely stranger than fiction..seriously we couldnt make all this stuff up could we

that's why " insure, insure, insure" is my family motto.....oh and also "always have a 50 in your shoe for late night taxis".....

weird......
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #574
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
LOL

Star Trek?
yep...i'm a trekie......sssshhhhhhh..our little secret..oh and no, i dont dress up
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #575
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post

not long after my last post in this thread I went home for my healthy lunch. 20 minutes into my lunch break I was called by a colleague who let me know one of the houses I manage (I'm a property manager) had burnt down...

so I cut my lunch short to go and investigate. they were still putting it out when I got there. then I had the pleasure of informing the owner, only for him to go really quiet and say "but it's not insured..." I can only imagine the sinking feeling in his stomach. Not only will they get nothing for the house, but they have to pay to have it demolished too...

And now tonight I was feeding my fur babies before going to bed and I felt/heard this thumping noise, shaking the windows, walls and stuff. Figured it was a plane that I could feel but couldn't hear- if that makes sense. Then I felt it again. Turns out Tamworth has had its first earthquake in almost 50 years! and we had 2 of them!

OMG I can't even begin to imagine 1) being told my house had burned down and 2) trying to get my head around that there was no insurance

(after getting my ridiculous renewal for insurance I understand why some people will risk it, I wouldn't, but why some would not pay)

And earthquakes are scary business

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 06-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #576
BecBennett

I checked the local news about half an hour ago - head line 1 - woman and child escape from burning house in kootingal. Headline 2 - 3.9 earthquake felt Tamworth/Gunnedah.

Oh dear...
Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #577
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
life is definitely stranger than fiction..seriously we couldnt make all this stuff up could we

that's why " insure, insure, insure" is my family motto.....oh and also "always have a 50 in your shoe for late night taxis".....

weird......
I could live and learn by this.

After getting kicked out of the pub at a work do (hey, it was the fun police) they were pinging us one by one, I have a theory that they only had one taxi going and he kept coming back after they kicked each person out, anyway, I digress, I should keep a $50 after abusing the taxi driver because the EFTPOS terminal wasn't working, only to realize the next day it was because I was putting in the wrong account type (i'd had a few ok).
But yeah, I reckon the taxi just kept coming back for the fares when they'd kicked each person out

Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #578
australiankaren

so under the bed you go....take water, flash light and those you love.......

thinking of you
Old 06-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #579
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
I checked the local news about half an hour ago - head line 1 - woman and child escape from burning house in kootingal. Headline 2 - 3.9 earthquake felt Tamworth/Gunnedah.

Oh dear...
Sounds bad

Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #580
BecBennett

it wasn't scary, the first one had me thinking I had an inner ear infection our something rofl! the next one I had to wake dh up to see if he could feel it too, he told me I was crazy, but then I saw it was all over FB.

Should we do a twitter name swap and follow each other?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #581
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
it wasn't scary, the first one had me thinking I had an inner ear infection our something rofl! the next one I had to wake dh up to see if he could feel it too, he told me I was crazy, but then I saw it was all over FB.

mine is the same as on here

LOL @ inner ear infection

Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #582
australiankaren

Quote:

sounds good.....but maybe you should check you ears as well
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #583
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:

Sheesh, after that lot you'll need a bit of R & R over the weekend!

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #584
BecBennett

just followed you bec, I'm the same as on here too
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #585
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
yep...i'm a trekie......sssshhhhhhh..our little secret..oh and no, i dont dress up
But do you speak Klingon??

Live Long and Prosper, my fellow extra-terrestrial.

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: