Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #1531
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Pondering, pondering (this is bad )

Next year our trip won't be as big, so something else that could make it really special would be a stay at DL Grand Californian

Have been surfing prices and now also pondering an Deluxe AP for one of us as I don't think there is any blackout dates when we're looking at going, and we'd get the discount on accom and food etc

These little ideas just get bigger and bigger

My BIL also referred me to a site to compare flight skyscanner.com

Not sure if that one has been mentioned here before...

Have a nice day everybody, it's lovely around my place today
bl00dy freezing here.......and yep, the trips are getting bigger
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #1532
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
My DH's boss rang him this morning and says "I hope you understand that your delay in coming back stuffed us up and we had to reschedule some jobs and it caused a real hassle"
How rude!
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #1533
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

Potterybarn opening in Sydney

I'll bet it'll be Sydney pricing
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #1534
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

today is carlo's birthday, and as we're flat broke til i get paid from my job, plus we have bills due, i haven't got him anything.

this is in keeping with our no presents for birthdays/christmas mentality in preparation for saving for our trip, and as i got no pressies in june when it was my birthday, i feel somewhat justified in not buying him anything... but i also feel guilty...

all his friends are coming over tonight, i've splurged and bought a cake and they will all be bringing gifts and getting some kind of giant takeaway order of food for dinner etc. i have been feeling really, really guilty about this no present thing as everyone tonight will have gifts, except me, the significant other...so i decided to pull out my creative hat, rustled up some scrapbooking materials and have made him a disney themed birthday card, a birthday 'pouch' with 'gift vouchers' in it for [a] a trip to main st, usa at a time/date of the bearer's choosing, [b] a trip to any vacation destination at the time/date of the bearer's choosing, and [c] a brand new gaming console of the bearer's choice and one associated game at any time of the bearer's choosing.

i am hoping he will appreciate the thought behind the gesture. if not... i just hope that i don't ruin his birthday

also... i got a phone call today for a full time position working for our government. passed the phone interview, they want me for a face to face interview next wednesday. this division of state goverment are great, the role is totally up my alley and i feel i could be fabulous in it.

problem: i accepted a casual, contract position with a recruitment company for a position with a leading telco. i hate this job and so far i am not even out of training. this is very, very much not my forte, and i really need the stability of a full time position rather than a casual, short term contract position.

do i take the day off next wednesday to interview for the better role, or thank my lucky stars that i even have a role right now and just stick it out at the contract/casual place... ? i know, first world problems but... advice would be helpful
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #1535
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
today is carlo's birthday, and as we're flat broke til i get paid from my job, plus we have bills due, i haven't got him anything.

this is in keeping with our no presents for birthdays/christmas mentality in preparation for saving for our trip, and as i got no pressies in june when it was my birthday, i feel somewhat justified in not buying him anything... but i also feel guilty...

all his friends are coming over tonight, i've splurged and bought a cake and they will all be bringing gifts and getting some kind of giant takeaway order of food for dinner etc. i have been feeling really, really guilty about this no present thing as everyone tonight will have gifts, except me, the significant other...so i decided to pull out my creative hat, rustled up some scrapbooking materials and have made him a disney themed birthday card, a birthday 'pouch' with 'gift vouchers' in it for [a] a trip to main st, usa at a time/date of the bearer's choosing, [b] a trip to any vacation destination at the time/date of the bearer's choosing, and [c] a brand new gaming console of the bearer's choice and one associated game at any time of the bearer's choosing.

i am hoping he will appreciate the thought behind the gesture. if not... i just hope that i don't ruin his birthday

also... i got a phone call today for a full time position working for our government. passed the phone interview, they want me for a face to face interview next wednesday. this division of state goverment are great, the role is totally up my alley and i feel i could be fabulous in it.

problem: i accepted a casual, contract position with a recruitment company for a position with a leading telco. i hate this job and so far i am not even out of training. this is very, very much not my forte, and i really need the stability of a full time position rather than a casual, short term contract position.

do i take the day off next wednesday to interview for the better role, or thank my lucky stars that i even have a role right now and just stick it out at the contract/casual place... ? i know, first world problems but... advice would be helpful
Happy birthday to Carlo, dont feel guilty about the present thing i think the card with vouchers is a lovely gesture, we have the same rule in our house if we are saving for a trip it is our present to each other

If you are already unhappy and your only in training take the interview you must have a minimum amount of notice to get out of the contract and government jobs usually take there sweet time before you actually start anyway. With a short term contract they would be expecting you to continue to look for work anyway one would think. Good luck with your decision
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #1536
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 91,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
today is carlo's birthday, and as we're flat broke til i get paid from my job, plus we have bills due, i haven't got him anything.

this is in keeping with our no presents for birthdays/christmas mentality in preparation for saving for our trip, and as i got no pressies in june when it was my birthday, i feel somewhat justified in not buying him anything... but i also feel guilty...

all his friends are coming over tonight, i've splurged and bought a cake and they will all be bringing gifts and getting some kind of giant takeaway order of food for dinner etc. i have been feeling really, really guilty about this no present thing as everyone tonight will have gifts, except me, the significant other...so i decided to pull out my creative hat, rustled up some scrapbooking materials and have made him a disney themed birthday card, a birthday 'pouch' with 'gift vouchers' in it for [a] a trip to main st, usa at a time/date of the bearer's choosing, [b] a trip to any vacation destination at the time/date of the bearer's choosing, and [c] a brand new gaming console of the bearer's choice and one associated game at any time of the bearer's choosing.

i am hoping he will appreciate the thought behind the gesture. if not... i just hope that i don't ruin his birthday

also... i got a phone call today for a full time position working for our government. passed the phone interview, they want me for a face to face interview next wednesday. this division of state goverment are great, the role is totally up my alley and i feel i could be fabulous in it.

problem: i accepted a casual, contract position with a recruitment company for a position with a leading telco. i hate this job and so far i am not even out of training. this is very, very much not my forte, and i really need the stability of a full time position rather than a casual, short term contract position.

do i take the day off next wednesday to interview for the better role, or thank my lucky stars that i even have a role right now and just stick it out at the contract/casual place... ? i know, first world problems but... advice would be helpful
Alicia - Happy Birthday to Carlo and don't feel guilty. It is the thought that counts and remember...he is a prince; so I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

In regards to your work situation...I would take the day off on Wednesday and go to the iinterview. Your current work situation is a CASUAL CONTRACT position; not a permanent full time PAYE role. The current employee has put you on the position under those employment terms so that they can hire/fire when it suits them. They owe you no loyalty and you shouldn't feel like you owe them anything.

If the role you are interviewing for is something that suits you better and offers more permanency, go. for. it.!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #1537
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz



In regards to your work situation...I would take the day off on Wednesday and go to the iinterview. Your current work situation is a CASUAL CONTRACT position; not a permanent full time PAYE role. The current employee has put you on the position under those employment terms so that they can hire/fire when it suits them. They owe you no loyalty and you shouldn't feel like you owe them anything.

If the role you are interviewing for is something that suits you better and offers more permanency, go. for. it.!
Absolutely this!

And happy birthday to Carlo!
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #1538
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

I agree..take the day off

and happy b day to your man
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #1539
hjd0411
DIS Veteran
 
hjd0411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 9,078

I agree too!!! And happy birthday Carlo

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Heather

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #1540
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Potterybarn opening in Sydney

I'll bet it'll be Sydney pricing
about Pottery Barn and you are probably right with the pricing.


Happy Birthday Carlo, that is a great idea Alicia. We often do things like that, it is about the big picture not some token thing to meet others expectations. DH and I rarely give each other gifts at anytime as we would rather keep saving for the next lot of travels.


I think you should go to the interview. Can't help it if you are sick one day. Do the interview and keep turning up at the other place until you know for sure. Permanent work would be better than casual anyway. Good Luck.
__________________
]

Last edited by areweindisneyyet; 10-23-2012 at 09:17 PM.
areweindisneyyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #1541
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,265

Thanks for puting up with me!

Decision Made

We are going

The trip is predominantly work meeting lots of my suppliers and providers in Italy and I decided that it is just too hard to reschedule and I have put a lot of work and business resources into this project. The needle is settling the knee down and I will deal with everything else later. Nothing some good Tuscan wine and painkillers wont assist with and I cant make it any worse.

DH is very happy. He has really been looking forward to a trip just the two of us and going back to his favourite German beer garden for his '0' birthday and avoiding any big extravaganza here might also have something to do with it.

So I leave in 17 sleeps....

Thanks for listening. You guys are the best.
__________________
]
areweindisneyyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #1542
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Decision Made

We are going

The trip is predominantly work meeting lots of my suppliers and providers in Italy and I decided that it is just too hard to reschedule and I have put a lot of work and business resources into this project. The needle is settling the knee down and I will deal with everything else later. Nothing some good Tuscan wine and painkillers wont assist with and I cant make it any worse.

DH is very happy. He has really been looking forward to a trip just the two of us and going back to his favourite German beer garden for his '0' birthday and avoiding any big extravaganza here might also have something to do with it.

So I leave in 17 sleeps....

Thanks for listening. You guys are the best.
OMG, AWESOME!!!!: yay:
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #1543
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar
 
Andona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Decision Made

We are going.......

So I leave in 17 sleeps....

Thanks for listening. You guys are the best.
Yay! That's great news!

So happy for you I hope you get lots and lots of useful info while you are in Italy - I'd love to go there in a few years so I'll be looking to pick your brains

And where is DH's favourite German beer garden? We travelled around Germany last year and just LOVED the country! Hope to get back some day to see the places we missed...

Andona
__________________
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #1544
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
OMG, AWESOME!!!!: yay:

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Yay! That's great news!

So happy for you I hope you get lots and lots of useful info while you are in Italy - I'd love to go there in a few years so I'll be looking to pick your brains

And where is DH's favourite German beer garden? We travelled around Germany last year and just LOVED the country! Hope to get back some day to see the places we missed...

Andona
I love Italy, I have spent lots of time there and just love every little corner. Disney and Italy, they just make me HAPPY. More than happy to share away. We are finishing up in Munich. We love the Augustiner there but will also check out some others.
__________________
]
areweindisneyyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #1545
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet
Decision Made

We are going

The trip is predominantly work meeting lots of my suppliers and providers in Italy and I decided that it is just too hard to reschedule and I have put a lot of work and business resources into this project. The needle is settling the knee down and I will deal with everything else later. Nothing some good Tuscan wine and painkillers wont assist with and I cant make it any worse.

DH is very happy. He has really been looking forward to a trip just the two of us and going back to his favourite German beer garden for his '0' birthday and avoiding any big extravaganza here might also have something to do with it.

So I leave in 17 sleeps....

Thanks for listening. You guys are the best.
You lucky duck. Hope your knee behaves for you.
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: