Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #1486
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,074

__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #1487
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
woah!! i am telling carlo he's a clown ninja. we'll see how that one goes down.

omg, just checked my email and it seems the theme at disney for 2013 will be limited time magic -- sprinklings of pixie dust that only last for a limited time and then go away. they unveiled this with a huge ice castle sculpture outside the disney store in times square with cinderella available. it also seems throughout the year they will celebrate 'long forgotten friends' with characters we don't normally get to see out doing meet & greets... but my favourite is that friday, september 13th, they will keep the parks open til the 13th hour (ie, 1am) and disney villains will be out for meet & greets, there will be a dance party, limited edition merch etc.

and we are going to be in disney world on that day !!! omg, omg, omg. i am so, so excited. 2013 is going to be awesome, i just know it
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #1488
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

woah!! i am telling carlo he's a clown ninja. we'll see how that one goes down.

omg, just checked my email and it seems the theme at disney for 2013 will be limited time magic -- sprinklings of pixie dust that only last for a limited time and then go away. they unveiled this with a huge ice castle sculpture outside the disney store in times square with cinderella available. it also seems throughout the year they will celebrate 'long forgotten friends' with characters we don't normally get to see out doing meet & greets... but my favourite is that friday, september 13th, they will keep the parks open til the 13th hour (ie, 1am) and disney villains will be out for meet & greets, there will be a dance party, limited edition merch etc.

and we are going to be in disney world on that day !!! omg, omg, omg. i am so, so excited. 2013 is going to be awesome, i just know it
I'm really hoping that we are in Disneyland on Sept 13! Geez, not having exact dates is killing me!
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #1489
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,805

So day three of sitting on the couch, I am getting used to this, to be honest feel like I am milking it a bit now, but don't want to put any stress on my wound so that the scar won't be too bad. Washing my hair leaning over the bath was fun, ....not!

I think I have read everything on the net, was caught up yesterday browsing at coats and boots on the lands end site, (yep, that's what I need, when it's going to be 35c here today!)

Oh, how I want to spend November in NYC, !

Mentioned to DH last night about a possible girls trip, he was like "yeah, sure, do it, ....boys, what will we do? " .....although I didn't tell him where I was thinking of going!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #1490
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,265

Aaaaarggghhhhh!

Just back from the surgeon....

So, I need a big op not just a little clean out like I had hoped.

I have had a big surgery already on this knee and don't really want to have another just yet. A clean out I had come to terms with.

BUT,
after a HUGE needle in my knee (OUCH!!!!!) he thinks perhaps we can manage the issues to get the trip done.

so, I have to wait a few more days to see how the needle works. If it does he will give me another needle the week before we leave to cover the trip and deal with the big issue on our return over the summer. There is not much more damage I can do with my problems. I can walk, I can't turn but that's overrated. Who cares that i can't unpack the dishwasher, that's what the kids are for....

If it doesn't settle after a few days I shall have to cancel the trip next week and reschedule for some other time.

So not definite answer... perhaps a little more optimistic.

Mia
__________________
]
areweindisneyyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #1491
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,805

OMG, really?

Gosh I hope that needle works for you, crossing everything here for good luck.

You sound positive though, so keep that up, positive energy cures a lot!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #1492
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
 
BecBennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 4,727

Woop Woop!!!

PAGE 100!!!

__________________
BecBennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #1493
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

What's going on with dodgy legs in here? Mine are fine, so maybe I should stay away...
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #1494
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar
 
Andona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Just back from the surgeon....

...........................
So not definite answer... perhaps a little more optimistic.

Mia
I really hope the needle makes the difference for you!, so sorry to hear that you have to have more surgery on the knee. Hoe the pain improves a lot too..and definitely make the kids do all the work around the house

Andona
__________________
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #1495
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,886

MY flippin email account got hacked i deleted all the contacts and changed my passwords and checked our bank accounts on the phone do i need to change anything else?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum from oz View Post

That is ridiculous! That is a huge paycut. What are you going to do? Good luck with the decision.
DH went to them and told them it was not enough they came back with another offer we still end up $1100+ a month worse of in our pocket but at the end of the day we decided we need the security another 1000 miners lost there jobs in the last few days we cant take the risk, we decided to look at what we were gaining instead of what we were losing now i just have to explain that to our bank account







Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Just back from the surgeon....

So, I need a big op not just a little clean out like I had hoped.

I have had a big surgery already on this knee and don't really want to have another just yet. A clean out I had come to terms with.

BUT,
after a HUGE needle in my knee (OUCH!!!!!) he thinks perhaps we can manage the issues to get the trip done.

so, I have to wait a few more days to see how the needle works. If it does he will give me another needle the week before we leave to cover the trip and deal with the big issue on our return over the summer. There is not much more damage I can do with my problems. I can walk, I can't turn but that's overrated. Who cares that i can't unpack the dishwasher, that's what the kids are for....

If it doesn't settle after a few days I shall have to cancel the trip next week and reschedule for some other time.

So not definite answer... perhaps a little more optimistic.

Mia
I hope for your sake the needle works and you get to do your trip
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #1496
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,805

12 fifteen year old boys at my house tonight for a sleepover! .....Am I insane???

They are full of pizza and off to the movies at the moment. We are in the eye of the storm!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:27 AM   #1497
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,977

My Dh took our dog for a walk tonight, came back through the reserve and walked past the neighbours.
DS pointed out some words burnt into the grass (with poison) in the reserve and then walking towards the neighbours DH read the words a bit more clearly
Two words, one rhyming with trucking and another bad one which I won't even write the rhyming word for

After all the issues we've had with them at least they can't blame us, we were thousands of miles away
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #1498
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 90,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Just back from the surgeon....

So, I need a big op not just a little clean out like I had hoped.

I have had a big surgery already on this knee and don't really want to have another just yet. A clean out I had come to terms with.

BUT,
after a HUGE needle in my knee (OUCH!!!!!) he thinks perhaps we can manage the issues to get the trip done.

so, I have to wait a few more days to see how the needle works.

If it doesn't settle after a few days I shall have to cancel the trip next week and reschedule for some other time.

So not definite answer... perhaps a little more optimistic.

Mia
Hoping for good news and a definite answe for you.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #1499
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 90,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
MY flippin email account got hacked i deleted all the contacts and changed my passwords and checked our bank accounts on the phone do i need to change anything else?




DH went to them and told them it was not enough they came back with another offer we still end up $1100+ a month worse of in our pocket but at the end of the day we decided we need the security another 1000 miners lost there jobs in the last few days we cant take the risk, we decided to look at what we were gaining instead of what we were losing now i just have to explain that to our bank account
Ouch and Ouch!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #1500
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 90,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
My Dh took our dog for a walk tonight, came back through the reserve and walked past the neighbours.
DS pointed out some words burnt into the grass (with poison) in the reserve and then walking towards the neighbours DH read the words a bit more clearly
Two words, one rhyming with trucking and another bad one which I won't even write the rhyming word for

After all the issues we've had with them at least they can't blame us, we were thousands of miles away
Well.....there is no objective evidence that you WERE thousands of miles away....






A TR would probably constitute objective evidence; particularly if it was peppered with LOTS of pictures of you and the family in the US.


__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: