Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #106
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

But before that we noticed it was almost time for the Eight Voyage of Sinbad show to start so we headed on in. There wasn't much of a crowd so we were able to choose where we wanted to sit.
You have to be careful because there IS a splash zone and my boys do NOT like getting splashed .. so we went as far down without getting wet as we could.
The show was pretty neat .. not something I would do each visit .. but glad I saw it at least once.
Snacking on cotton candy while waiting for the show to start ..

[IMG][/IMG]

The set ..

[IMG][/IMG]

The show ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Like I said .. it was a pretty good show. Lot's of action and comedy as well. The boys really liked it.

More to come .. Mardi Gras .. how many necklaces will we catch ???

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #107
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I finally comment on your previous updates and then you go and throw two more in there on me.

Sinbad show looks good...and I love the cotton candy picture.

That was nice of them to give you the Mug with a Butterbeer to boot!
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #108
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Still here and catching up AGAIN (we went to see our son and his fiance and then with Mother's Day the weekend got away from me).

Sounds like a great day at the Studios (I like the Great Movie Ride too and love the Wizard of Oz part the best).

Sounds like you guys had a great time at Universal (we've not been since 2000--and we LOVE ET and Men in Black).

What's wrong with dessert for lunch? You're on vacation...you can eat whatever you want whenever you want.
I understand ! This weekend was busy for us as well. It was the best weather we've had since we came back from vacation and we spent it outside .. in fact the boys learned how to ride bikes without training wheels .. finally !!

I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day ! Congrats on your sons engagement.

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #109
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I finally comment on your previous updates and then you go and throw two more in there on me.

Sinbad show looks good...and I love the cotton candy picture.

That was nice of them to give you the Mug with a Butterbeer to boot!
I was on a roll !!

We haven't even gotten to Mardi Gras yet .. we did a LOT that day !

Come check out ..
Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #110
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Seems like u guys has a blast at Universal. Which park was the boys favorite?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #111
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
Seems like u guys has a blast at Universal. Which park was the boys favorite?
They liked the Universal side best. Really the only thing they liked about Islands of Adventure was Harry Potter world .. but if not for that, they would have just liked Universal. They really liked the rides over there. I'm just glad they were old enough and tall enough to enjoy it. If we had tried going a few years ago ... They wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much as they did.

Thanks for reading !!

Come check out ..
Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #112
babynala
DIS Veteran

Great update. You guys covered alot of ground at Universal. So many nice pictures of the boys (and I love their shirts). Your lunch is making me hungry! The butterbeer looks yummy too.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #113
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Great update. You guys covered alot of ground at Universal. So many nice pictures of the boys (and I love their shirts). Your lunch is making me hungry! The butterbeer looks yummy too.
Yeah we DID !! There's SO much to see and do ... I still feel like we missed stuff so I'm looking forward to going back with a little experience under our belts.

The food does look good doesn't it ?? ( I said the same thing as I was posting the pic)

Come check out ..
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #114
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I had become weight conscious about 6 months ago and vowed to lose 10 lbs. So I kicked the snack habit and started eating cereal (Special K, Cheerios ect) for breakfast instead of whatever junk I was eating and I managed to get down 7-9 lbs but sort of just hovered there. I guess all the exercise is just what I needed to break the 10lb mark ! Now I just have to maintain it.

Ps .. just checked out your PTR (your family is adorable ).
Thanks...we are watching what we eat as well. I have cut down to one coke a day. (20oz bottle) We watch how much we eat and what we eat. I still like my sweets but in moderation. DH lost the 10 and is hovering there. I have lost 11 and trying to get my first 20 down. I walk at work and he will drop me off on the way home. I need to move more and it helps.

WTG breaking the 10 lb mark!
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #115
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was the best weather we've had since we came back from vacation and we spent it outside .. in fact the boys learned how to ride bikes without training wheels .. finally !!
I remember those days....I had to take the training wheels off of Christopher's bike to make him learn....

Kaileigh decided last summer she wanted to learn since her best friend could do it and she couldn't....she didn't like that....
Old 05-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #116
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What a great picture....
Old 05-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #117
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

April 7th Mardi Gras

So I left us off with the Sinbad Show and now we are off to go back to Universal. It was sad saying goodbye to WWoHP and I knew we had to plan a trip back.

Now Mardi Gras was MY thing. I was really looking forward to this. The boys were a little "iffy" and protested. The were tired and wanted to go back to the Village .. blah blah blah. But hey, I don't ask for much and I really wanted to do this .. so THERE we are doing it .. like it or NOT !

They were also planning a concert at Universal that night .. Cindy Lauper, in fact. As much as I would have loved to stay for that .. it was SO packed and .. yeah, I knew I was pushing it with staying for the parade .. so I snuffed out that idea.

The streets were already lined with people waiting for the parade to start so we started scouting for a spot. We came upon a special section corded off for families with young children .. and there was only 1 family there .. so we found our spot ! It was perfect.

The boys got a little impatient waiting but soon I could see the lights of the floats coming our way ! The floats remind me of Spectromagic.

There were people on stilts and other people on floats throwing beaded necklaces at the crowds. Well THIS was SO much fun and the boys got SO excited !!

Here's a short video of the boys catching beads ..

[IMG][/IMG]

And pics of the parade ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The boys with their beads ..

[IMG][/IMG]

Need less to say .. the boys had a blast at the parade and I'm really glad I "forced" them to stay for it. After all .. Mom really DOES know best !

To sum up Universal .. I have to say it has it's own special "magic". I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would .. but I'm also glad we waited until the boys were old enough to do everything they wanted to.
So we will definitely be going back .. I'm hoping for next spring !!

Next up .... Easter Sunday at Magic Kingdom !!

Come check out ..
Old 05-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #118
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Yay for shorter lines when you went back to Universal! that lunch looks so yummy! and healthy too!!!

Mardi Gras looks like a fun parade! good job staying strong and "making" the boys stay! Mama's always know's Best!!!! that's a lot of beads and they look so cute with them!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #119
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

April 8th Easter at MK

The boys were very tired from our late night at Universal, so I let them sleep in this morning. It was Easter, and it was weird not to be home celebrating, but we were in Florida and the weather was perfect and we were going to Magic Kingdom !!
I know all the travel sites that tell you which day to go here and there probably said to avoid MK at all cost today .. but I don't really pay attention to all that hub bub, MK is where I wanted to be so MK is where I was headed .. crowds or NO crowds !

My sleepy boys ..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We went over to the Gingerbread House for our usual breakfast, cereal for me and waffles for the boys.
We found these waiting for us when we got back from breakfast ..

[IMG][/IMG]

Now we had a total of 4 Easter baskets !! The boys emptied out the candy and we were on our way to Magic Kingdom !

The boys got these cute Easter shirts the day before we left (I believe they were from Heather ??) Sorry if I didn't post a thank you earlier .. they came at the very last minute !! But they were SO adorable I couldn't wait to see them on them ..

[IMG][/IMG]

We "hopped" into the car and we were OFF !

[IMG][/IMG]

Then we finally got to see my most favorite site ..

[IMG][/IMG]

This is usually where the tears start to well up in my eyes ..

Since it was Easter there were some special themed characters and such .. first we ran into these beauties ..

[IMG][/IMG]

I loved the dresses and all the colors !

[IMG][/IMG]

These guys were singing Easter songs ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Then we saw Pluto !

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

After watching the entertainment on Main St we headed off to our usual left .. I noticed we were by the Wish Lounge and so we decided to stop on in for a visit ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We grabbed some waters and special pins and signed the guest book and then we were off to explore MK !

As soon as we came out we saw this guy ..

Click on the pic for a short clip of our talk with Peter ..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

This interaction was so much fun .. my boys aren't big into character meets and so this was special for me to watch !

Up next ... we go on a cruise .. Jungle Cruise that is with a very special Captain ..

Come check out ..
Old 05-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #120
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

I have been reading but didn't realize I hadn't posted. Love all the pictures. How neat all the special appearances on Easter. The Easter shirts are so cute. I have never seen any like that.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: