Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #91
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Thanks ... same to you !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #92
babynala
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR and I am enjoying it. Your little teasers keep me clicking for updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I'm trying to be ! I'm so mad at myself because I took along a notebook and started taking notes .. but that only lasted like 1 day. Now I have to go by memory and I'm trying to remember the little things.
It was a good idea but enjoying the little moments is what is important even if you forget to write them down (or even forget them) the feeling stays with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Ok .. lets see if I can finish our first full day !! Has it only been the first day ?? Only 10 more to go ..

[IMG][/IMG]
I love the boys in their Christmas PJs. What a great idea and it makes for some super cute pictures with Santa.

Glad the boys enjoyed the day at Universal. How nice that both boys got to get a wand and Jesse got to get something too.

Love the picture of the boys at their "dance".

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #93
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Just found your TR and I am enjoying it. Your little teasers keep me clicking for updates!

It was a good idea but enjoying the little moments is what is important even if you forget to write them down (or even forget them) the feeling stays with you.

I love the boys in their Christmas PJs. What a great idea and it makes for some super cute pictures with Santa.

Glad the boys enjoyed the day at Universal. How nice that both boys got to get a wand and Jesse got to get something too.

Love the picture of the boys at their "dance".
Glad your here !!

About to do another update right now !

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #94
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

April 7th Universal Studios

Today was another exciting day .. it would be a day of firsts for us since we had never been to Universal .. I wasn't sure what rides the boys would agree to go on .. but I was hopeful.

First off .. our usual breakfast .. but today Jayden decided he wanted to eat in the "truck" room ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

On our way back to our villa we ran into this ..

[IMG][/IMG]

The boys had no interest in riding .. but they were fun to look at.

So now we are off to Universal !!

The GPS cooperated and we got there in no time .. again we were directed over to handicap parking and then the long walk to to the front gate.

This time I decided to grab a stroller since I wanted to be there until the Mardi Gras parade at 9:00 pm.
I like how Universal is set up .. it's kind of just like going in a big circle and so we hit the attractions as we came upon them .. not crisscrossing needed. Kind of reminds me of how Magic Kingdom is set up.

Anyway our first stop was Terminator 2 3-D. Now like I've said before .. Universal is outstanding when it comes to the Wish kids and again we were treated like VIP's. We were taken through the back entrance by a cast member dressed like a police officer (I know .. where's the pic ??) my bad. I commented "I feel like I'm in trouble !!" and he laughed. Then were were brought to the front of the crowd and all we had to do was wait for the doors to open and we found our seats. Again .. i apologize for no pics .. I did take a few during the show .. but they came out blurry. I have a little point and shoot camera .. which works great with proper lighting. It's not a ride .. but a live show .. it's very cool.
The boys enjoyed the show. It had live actors and lots of action !! They already plan on doing this again next trip.
I did grab this pic in the gift shop ..
[IMG][/IMG]

Next we saw Spongebob !!
[IMG][/IMG]

Then we walked around a bit ..
[IMG][/IMG]

Next up was ET Adventure .. the boys were excited to ride this ! (no pics )
It was a lot of fun .. very much a family ride .. very cute too !

Then we hit the Simpson Ride .. this is a motion simulator type ride .. made me kinda queasy ... but not too bad. I wouldn't do it more than once though.
Look a pic !!

[IMG][/IMG]

After that we headed over to Men in Black. You have to lock up your stuff for this ride so after we did that we headed in .. again .. no waiting.
(and no pic )
Men in Black is sort of like Buzz Lightyear in that you have to try to shoot the aliens with a little zapper thing. It was a lot of fun. Not a turbulent ride .. a few spins .. but not too bad.

By then we were a little hungry .. and we ran into a bakery and got some dessert (nice lunch huh ?? )

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

They were gooood !!

We walked around (the Jaws ride area is all boarded up so we just sort of followed that around) and the boys got some Dippin Dots ..

[IMG][/IMG]

I ended up eating half ..

Then we rode Revenge of the Mummy !
I was very nervous about riding this because I knew it was like a roller coaster. It was INTENSE for sure ! I was actually surprised the boys agreed to ride it but they ended up really enjoying it.

Then we went over to Twister .. Ride it Out ... which isn't a ride at all .. but more of an experience. It was really neat to watch. We all enjoyed it very much.

Then we hit up Shrek 4-D which is a 3D show/movie. It was ok .. the boys enjoyed it.

We had really wanted to go on Disaster .. but it was closed that day. We had pretty much done everything else we had wanted to do .. so we decided to head back to wear it all started .. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter !!

Up next .. Spiders, Broomsticks and another go on The Forbidden Journey !

Come check out ..
Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #95
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

so great you got some VIP treatment again!
bet you made some mama points for having dessert for lunch they do look yummy!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #96
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
so great you got some VIP treatment again!
bet you made some mama points for having dessert for lunch they do look yummy!
Before we went I had read from other reports on how well Universal treats the wish families .. but I had NO idea to what extent. It was amazing. They really roll out the red carpet and it really made our trip that more special.

As far as dessert for lunch .. yeah, that .. we make up for it later though !!

Come check out ..
Old 05-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #97
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

That dessert looks yummy... and when you are on vacation calories don't count.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #98
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
That dessert looks yummy... and when you are on vacation calories don't count.
Did I mention that mine was tirimisu and Jeremy's was cheesecake ??

Calories shouldn't count .. Not when you're walking 10 miles a day !! I actually LOST 3 lbs during our trip.

Come check out ..
Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #99
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo on losing weight on a trip. That is always a bonus especially with all the good food.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #100
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
Woo Hoo on losing weight on a trip. That is always a bonus especially with all the good food.

I had become weight conscious about 6 months ago and vowed to lose 10 lbs. So I kicked the snack habit and started eating cereal (Special K, Cheerios ect) for breakfast instead of whatever junk I was eating and I managed to get down 7-9 lbs but sort of just hovered there. I guess all the exercise is just what I needed to break the 10lb mark ! Now I just have to maintain it.

Ps .. just checked out your PTR (your family is adorable ).

Come check out ..
Old 05-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #101
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

April 7th part 2

Sooooo ... we headed back off to IOA .. the boys really wanted to go back to WWoHP and ride Forbidden Journey. I had decided I wasn't going to ride it again since it had made me dizzy last time.

We made our way through City Walk (we were able to take the stroller from park to park ) which is good because it's a loooong walk !

We got through the gate and I was happy not to be in a rush so I could take in some of the details on the buildings. It's very nicely done.
These are just some random pics I took .. not exactly sure where each one was taken .. but it was all pretty cool to see ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We soon headed over to Spiderman since the boys loved this ride last time ..

[IMG][/IMG]

I sat this ride out .. I HAD gotten in line to grab a hotdog since we hadn't really eaten anything except for those desserts earlier and I was starving but the line was SO long .. the boys were off the ride before I could even got to the counter !!

So I skipped the hotdog and then we saw this guy ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

He even signed their shirts !!

[IMG][/IMG]

After that we saw this guy ..

[IMG][/IMG]

Then we headed back over to WWoHP through the other side (didn't go through Suess Landing) .. which I didn't even know you could do ..

I could hear the boys chuckling about something and soon realized what it was ..

[IMG][/IMG]

The word POOP sends my boys into hysterics ..

Then we entered into the Jurassic period ..

[IMG][/IMG]

But we didn't go inside .. or ride the ride at all.

But we DID ride the Pteridactyl Flyer ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

to be continued ..

Come check out ..
Old 05-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #102
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Looks like a lot of fun! Universal will be high on our list when we return. Congrats on loosing weight while on vacation - even with the walking I went up 6 pounds but have since taken it almost all off again.

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
HalloweenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #103
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
Looks like a lot of fun! Universal will be high on our list when we return. Congrats on loosing weight while on vacation - even with the walking I went up 6 pounds but have since taken it almost all off again.
I'm totally planning a trip back .. I think we'll do 2 days Universal before heading over to WDW. Years back we stayed at a hotel that was literally 8 minutes from the Universal parks .. actually it was pretty close to the WDW parks too .. I just might stay there the whole week and save some money on lodging !

As you can see from my report .. we don't eat a whole lot. Pretty much breakfast and dinner .. and a snack at some point. So between our lack of appetite and walking 10 miles a day .. it wasn't so hard to lose the weight !

Come check out ..
Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #104
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Still here and catching up AGAIN (we went to see our son and his fiance and then with Mother's Day the weekend got away from me).

Sounds like a great day at the Studios (I like the Great Movie Ride too and love the Wizard of Oz part the best).

Sounds like you guys had a great time at Universal (we've not been since 2000--and we LOVE ET and Men in Black).

What's wrong with dessert for lunch? You're on vacation...you can eat whatever you want whenever you want.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #105
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

April 7th .. part 3

After the Pteridactyl ride we finally saw this ..
[IMG][/IMG]

Actually I have NO idea where in the park I took this pic .. but I thought it fit in well here

I was so amazed by Hogwarts and the whole setting .. I just couldn't stop snapping pics !!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We made our over to the Forbidden Journey and at the last minute I decided to ride it again after all !! I wasn't nearly as dizzy this time around .. so it was all good.
After riding FJ we shopped around Filches Emporium and Jeremy bought himself yet another wand ! He loves those wands.

Then we ran into a little street show ..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

By this time I was STARVING so we headed here ..

[IMG][/IMG]

Yup .. the 3 Broomsticks ! Last time it was so overly crowded we popped our heads in but it was much too long a wait .. but there was NO line this time so we headed straight in.

I ordered a family meal ..

[IMG][/IMG]

AND .. finally .. Butterbeer !!

[IMG][/IMG]

Actually, I thought had ordered the Butterbeer in a mug but it came in a plastic disposable cup .. so I went over and asked the girl if I could just buy the mug and she went over and poured me a frozen butterbeer (in a mug) and handed it to me and said "enjoy" ! So now we had 2 frozen and one regular.
We enjoyed the frozen the most.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The food was AWESOME !! The roasted corn was amazing and we did a pretty good job eating all this. I thin we ended up tossing just a little less than half (which is good for us !). I felt bad because we didn't even touch the HUGE salad they gave us with it. I snacked on a few cucumbers .. but that was it.

With our bellies full we headed back out to Hogsmeade to look around the shops. I noticed that tonight there were NO lines to get into the shops .. YES !!
So we headed on in to look around .. and I grabbed a few pics here and there. Again .. I'm not sure the exact location each of these were taken .. but I know it was somewhere in Hogsmead ...

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Ran out of pic space .. continued in next post ..

We bought some candy stuff and headed out .. it was getting late and I wanted to start working our way back to Universal to get ready for Mardi Gras.

Ran out of pic space .. continued in next post ..

Come check out ..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: