Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #61
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I am loving the picture of y'all on HP Forbidden Journey! That is fantastic!

I have read other reports about how neat the wand store is---how, just like in the books, the wand "chooses" you!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #62
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I am loving the picture of y'all on HP Forbidden Journey! That is fantastic!

I have read other reports about how neat the wand store is---how, just like in the books, the wand "chooses" you!
It was so cute ... the flick of the first wand makes weird things happen in the store ... Jayden thought it was a riot ! Then when you get the "right" wand .. A breeze comes and you hear the famous Harry Potter theme music.. It gave me chills !
The ride pic was great ! Jesse is the one hiding his face ... Jayden just looks terrified !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #63
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Ok .. lets see if I can finish our first full day !! Has it only been the first day ?? Only 10 more to go ..

So .. like I said .. it was hot (like 90) and we were still tired from our trip here so we decided to go back for some swimming and Christmas fun.
I loved how they had Christmas music playing throughout the village .. even at the pool !
The boys swam and I .. well I did nothing ! I sat and enjoyed the sunshine and watching my boys play around in the pool !
Before we knew it .. it was time to get ready for dinner. I got the boys all washed up and decided to put their pj's that they wore for Christmas on since I had brought them and they were Disney related. Well we got SO many compliments on them ! Just walking to the Gingerbread House we had people commenting on how cute they looked in their Christmas pj's and that nobody ever dresses up for the Christmas party and it was nice to see them in the spirit. I don't know .. I just thought it would be fun .. but I guess it really made the volunteers very happy ! Glad I could give back .. even a little.

So we went in to get dinner .. Jeremy and I had the Turkey ..

[IMG][/IMG]

It actually tasted much better than it looks in this pic !
The boys went over to the Chew Chew and got their usual chicken nuggets and mac and cheese .. (I think that makes 3 times) ..
While we were eating someone came over and asked the boys if they wanted to be in the parade since they looked so cute and festive in their Christmas pj's .. but the boys said "no" (of course they did ) I tried to convince them that it would be fun .. but, nope, they weren't going for it.

Then we headed out to enjoy the festivities. They had stations set up with arts and crafts and hot cocoa .. the boys didn't want to do the crafts so we headed on into the theater to meet Santa.

The kids in front of us were complaining about waiting in line and wanted to know if they could use their fastpass !

After about a 20 minute or so wait we had finally made it up to the big guy !! The lady in charge of the pics asked me what our villa number was .. and I couldn't remember !! I knew how to get there .. but just never registered the number into my head. Well this was NOT a good thing to do. I got scolded by the lady for not knowing and we were made to sit while the other families (who knew their villa numbers) went up to see Santa and I was desperately looking through my phone to see if I had a pic of it !! Finally Jesse was like "you need our villa number ?" "that's easy .. it's 229". I jumped up as if I knew the answer to the million dollar question "it's 229 !!" . and the lady looked down her nose onto the pad and said "DeSaulnier" and I said "yes !!". "Ok" she says .. "you can go up now" (very military like). Whew .. our time out was over and we were heading up the stairs to see SANTA !!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

After we got our pics taken with Santa we went outside down a path passing by Mayer Claytons house and ran into these fine elves ..

[IMG][/IMG]

They told the boys they could select any present they wanted (even Jeremy, who then explained that he was 20yrs old and didn't need a toy )

The boys made their choices ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

After that we went over to check out the festivities and then grabbed some ice cream and watched the parade before heading back to our villa for another early night ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

That concludes day 1 of our Forbidden Journey .. tomorrow, Disney Hollywood Studios !

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #64
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

great first day - WWOHP looks amazing but the Christmas and Santa visit is awesome

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #65
partyof2
Colette

Loving your TR so far!

I had no idea places like GKTW existed, what a magical place. It's so lovely that they include the entire family, even twenty year olds!

It made me laugh that the boys wanted to go back 'home' and swim instead of spend the rest of the day at Universal. I love how kids just love the simple things.
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!

partyof2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #66
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

the boys look very cute in their jammies....happy you all had a fun night, except for the grumpy elf at santa's....couldn't she look it up by your name

looking forward to your DHS day....

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #67
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
great first day - WWOHP looks amazing but the Christmas and Santa visit is awesome
Celebrating Christmas in April was great !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
Loving your TR so far!

I had no idea places like GKTW existed, what a magical place. It's so lovely that they include the entire family, even twenty year olds!

It made me laugh that the boys wanted to go back 'home' and swim instead of spend the rest of the day at Universal. I love how kids just love the simple things.
I had no idea until recently either ! I knew people who had gone there but I didn't know exactly what it was all about. Being here, on the Dis was very informative and so I was happily prepared but still pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it all was.
Yeah, my boy would rather swim than anything else !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
the boys look very cute in their jammies....happy you all had a fun night, except for the grumpy elf at santa's....couldn't she look it up by your name
looking forward to your DHS day....
Thank you !
I made the mistake of asking the " elf" lady that same question and she said "there are 400 something names on this list and I can't stand here looking for ONE name" !! Thankfully Jesse saved the day.

Come check out ..
Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #68
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Celebrating Christmas in April was great !!

I had no idea until recently either ! I knew people who had gone there but I didn't know exactly what it was all about. Being here, on the Dis was very informative and so I was happily prepared but still pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it all was.
Yeah, my boy would rather swim than anything else !

Thank you !
I made the mistake of asking the " elf" lady that same question and she said "there are 400 something names on this list and I can't stand here looking for ONE name" !! Thankfully Jesse saved the day.

maybe they should put the guests names in alphabetical order, I'm sure you weren't the first one not to remember their #

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #69
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry I missed your send-off and the start of your TR. I'm here now and subscribed and will come back tomorrow to catch up.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #70
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post

Thank you !
They can look it up by last name. It really doesn't take very long, sometimes I have to do it. Everything else sounds like an awesome day though!

Last edited by newdrama12; 05-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.
newdrama12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #71
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
maybe they should put the guests names in alphabetical order, I'm sure you weren't the first one not to remember their #
I'm sure !
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm so sorry I missed your send-off and the start of your TR. I'm here now and subscribed and will come back tomorrow to catch up.
That's ok Kathy ... I'm happy to see you !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
They can look it up by last name. It really doesn't take very long, sometimes I have to do it. Everything else sounds like an awesome day though!
That's what i figured ! You took our pics without our room number with no problems.
It was such an awesome day ... The boys are insisting on going back to WWoHP .. So I guess I'll have to plan a day there next year.

Come check out ..
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #72
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Love your updates.... someday we want to go to Universal to see HP.

I love that walking cane/wand .... that is just awesome
Old 05-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #73
dara00
DIS Veteran

ah! I didn't know you started your tr! well I am here now!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

dara00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #74
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

The boys look so cute in their jammies....That is the way to party....comfy all the way....
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #75
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay...I'm all caught up.

Sorry that you weren't feeling well on the way to the airport; part of it was probably the excitement.

Love the Village (which I've seen on numerous TR's).

What a great first day at Universal and the special "pixie dust" (even if pixie dust is at DW) and for them to include both boys.

I do love the boys pj's.

Okay, ready for more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: