Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #31
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchPixie View Post
Love reading about your trip! The boys are too cute Hope you had a magical time!! I ditched most of our ADRs on my first trip with my girls, too! They just wanted quick counter service food so they could ride rides, play, swim, etc...
Thank you for reading along !

Yeah ... QS is fine for us. We don't eat big meals and we just like to grab something on a whim and not have to worry about times and being at a certain place. No worries and no stress ! Plus it saves a lot of money and wasted food.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #32
sarsop524
Mouseketeer

I am enjoying your trip report!!! Sounds like lots of fun so far!!!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....sarahs+maw+ptr

sarsop524 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #33
OziJo
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report. Sounds like you had an exhausting but exciting first day

LOL at your GPS wanting to take you home. We had problems with our GPS too. I'm staying tuned to see if she got you to WWoHP ok

Wonderful time at Fort wilderness- A mini TR with Pictures

My Jan 2012 PTR. We Are Coming from the Land Down Under!

Jan 2012 WDW Fort Wilderness Cabins DH DD1/18 DD2/15 DD3/13 and Me
2009 Disneyland with DH & DD1,2 & 3; 2001 Disneyland DD1 with her DGma and dance troupe; 1992 Disneyland with DH & DD1 an unknown passenger after our European trip.
OziJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #34
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

So sweet of Daniel to get the Prefect badges! I am loving all of the pics and as you know I can't WAIT to read all about HP!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #35
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Looks like it was an amazing trip! Can't wait to read more.

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

2001, Disney Sea 2002, Animal Kingdom 2002, MK 2010, GKTW MAW 2012
nesser1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #36
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

What a great first day. I loved the video of the villa. Looks like the boys had a lot of fun in the pool.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #37
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

April 5th WWoHP day

So after breakfast we went back to our villa to get the car and program our very confused GPS and headed off to fulfill Jaydens WISH !!

I was very happy when the GPS lead us to our destination with NO problems and we saw the sign (nope .. no pic .. I was driving !).
We drove over to the parking garage and when I showed him the parking pass he instructed me to turn on my hazard lights and follow the blue line (I think it was blue) and we were able to park in the handicap area.
The parking lot is a LONG way from the park area, so be prepared to walk a LOT (thank goodness for the moving walkways !!).
Now I guess you can use valet parking .. it will cost you .. but might be worth it if you do not want to walk so much.

I was given a phone number to call once we got into the parking garage at Universal from Make a Wish. I tried the number but kept getting a voice mail. Then my phone rang but for some reason I didn't hear it so I called that number and got guest relations from Universal. \
Finally I got a real person and they were sending someone over to meet with us over at WWoHP.
It took us about a half hour before we finally saw this ..
[IMG][/IMG]

I was told a girl named Allyson was meeting us over by the Hogwarts Express .. so that's where we headed ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Met this guy ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Trying to get a pic with this guy proved to be more difficult than you might think .. people wouldn't exactly take "turns". Instead, people would just send their kids over not caring that people had been waiting for their chance (like us !). Finally the conductor noticed the boys trying to get to him and he yelled at the top of his lungs "STOOOOOP" and held his hand up to the people who were about to approach him and said "these young students have been waiting here patiently for me to inspect their tickets and you need to wait your turn" (or something of that nature) and a few people laughed while the girl whom he was speaking to looked totally insulted ! It was great !!
The conductor would also "yell" at people if they are about to walk in front of someone trying to take a picture. It was very funny and the fact that he was in character made it even better.

We stood off to the side to try and make ourselves noticeable for Allyson and the amount of people amazed me. This place WAS packed !!
I snapped another pic ..
[IMG][/IMG]
When a young woman approached us and introduced herself. She said she was there to give us a VIP tour of WWoHP !!
SWEET ! The first thing she did was work us through the crowd over to Forbidden Journey. I was a bit worried about this ride for 2 reasons. First, I wasn't sure if the boys were going to make the height requirement. At last measure they were like 37. 11 !! So I knew it was going to be close. Allyson was secretly wondering the same thing. Then second .. I suffered a severe case of vertigo last spring and I still find myself getting dizzy really easy since then .. so I was worried about the affect the ride might have on my vertigo.

Will the boys get on the ride, even though they really aren't tall enough ?? Will I succumb to vertigo and spoil my day ??

More to come ...

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #38
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Enjoying reading about your trip!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #39
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

cute photo of the boys with the conductor! good thing he yelled at the rude people....big pet peeve of mine when people do that

can't wait to see what happens.....hope your vertigo didn't show up, I had it last winter and got dizzy just moving my head to quick....

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #40
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

WWoHP part 2

So we snaked our way through the massive crowd in Harry Potter world (at this point I was grateful that I had decided not to grab a stroller for the boys, it would have been impossible to maneuver it through this crowd !)
We arrived at the entrance to the ride with our guide and were directed straight to the boarding area. I was able to capture just a few pics .. it is very dark in there and my camera didn't do well trying to take pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

This is a short video of some clips I was able to take real quick .. again .. its dark in there and hard to take pics and video. I have just a point and shoot camera and a Flip. Oh .. yeah .. you can hear me screaming in this video ..

[IMG][/IMG]

Nobody seemed to even care if the boys were tall enough to ride .. they just directed us to a seat and off we went !!

Here's a pic of us on the ride .. as you can see from the looks on our faces .. it's very intense !! Its real hard to describe, except you get whipped around a LOT. It's very cool but goes real quickly. I had to close my eyes a few times.

[IMG][/IMG]

They actually gave us this pic at no charge ! But I would have bought it if not .. it's epic !
One I exited the ride I was pretty dizzy .. but I was able to shake it off pretty quick. We exited through Filches Emporium which was just as crowded as anywhere else and so we got out of there pretty quick.
Once we got out Allyson made a phone call for Jaydens next surprise .. Ollivander's wand shop !!
Allyson took us around the side and we went through the exit and Jayden approached the counter .. now the pics in here came out bad as well. It was so very dark in there and I took a few pics with my camera and Jeremy took some with my phone. The Flip was useless in here .. this is what I managed though ..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

So once Jaydens wand chose him .. we were preparing to exit when they called over Jesse ! He was going to get to get a wand too !!
I was SO excited and happy for him.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Once we exited the store we entered Ollivanders wand shop where it was elbow to elbow people. It was SO packed that it was pretty impossible to move around. I really wanted to be able to look around a bit but Allyson said there was a few things she wanted to show us. So they took the boys wands and put them in a bag for us and said they were a gift ! I was so shocked and happy. I would have paid for them .. it was what they both really wanted .. and so I was very grateful that they gave the wands to us. (it's not like we don't come back and spend a lot of cash later that day )

What will Allyson show us next ? What will we end up buying later that day ??

Stay tuned to find out ..

Come check out ..
Old 04-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #41
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I can't wait to see what is next!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #42
loveappletrees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
The time has finally come .. I think I am ready to get started on my trip report !!

Subbing on : )
Glad to see you started your TR and I'm Loving the WWoHP info and pictures!

-m
Sister Callie ( 4)

Our Pre-Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2880842

*To see the wish reveal video*: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd4gCZIcQq4

*its kinda cheezy

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them. Disagree with them. Glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world Are the ones who do.

loveappletrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #43
GrammytoMany
Mouseketeer

Just want to say Hi and that I'm following your TR...the boys look like they were having a lot of fun. Love their smiles.
Sheila
GrammytoMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #44
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I'm glad the Conductor noticed your boys! We met the same conductor in March and he was great! He definitely stayed in character (especially when our local friend mentioned he was a "local" ). And who cares if that rude family was insulted. People need to learn what a line is and how to wait patiently in it.

HP:FJ is very intense (and loads of fun!)! I'm still waiting on my friend to email me my picture. Like yours, it's epic as well! I, too, had to close my eyes a few times. Did you guys get to take a tour of the castle?

Did HP:FJ mess with your vertigo any? It surprisingly didn't phase me, so just curious!

That's great that both boys got to meet with Ollivander and let wands pick them!

Anxious for more!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #45
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I'm glad the Conductor noticed your boys! We met the same conductor in March and he was great! He definitely stayed in character (especially when our local friend mentioned he was a "local" ). And who cares if that rude family was insulted. People need to learn what a line is and how to wait patiently in it.

HP:FJ is very intense (and loads of fun!)! I'm still waiting on my friend to email me my picture. Like yours, it's epic as well! I, too, had to close my eyes a few times. Did you guys get to take a tour of the castle?

Did HP:FJ mess with your vertigo any? It surprisingly didn't phase me, so just curious!

That's great that both boys got to meet with Ollivander and let wands pick
them!

Anxious for more!
Well we didn't really get to tour it too much because it was so packed. The wait time was over 2 hours !! But we saw some of it. I posted a short video of what we did see and what the camera could capture .. It was SO dark in there.
The vertigo wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I felt dizzy as in walked off but that subsided after like 2-3 minutes. (thankfully !)
I was SO happy that both boys got to do that too .. We were pretty much out the door when they called Jesse back in to have his experience too. I was SO touched that they included him.

Come check out ..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: