Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Lol @ the Kia that's what we have, well ours in manual. So happy you stared patiently waiting for the next installment.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
Lol @ the Kia that's what we have, well ours in manual. So happy you stared patiently waiting for the next installment.
Wow just noticed how bad my phones auto correct is, it keeps changing my words. I'm going to have to start proof reading.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Once we got our package we were instructed to follow a young woman driving a golf cart to our home for the next 6 days.
I had NO idea how huge GKTW was !! We then pulled up to our Villa. I felt like I was pulling up to a dream come true. See, I used to live in FL, over on the east coast and I miss it SO much .. the Villas remind me of my old neighborhood and for just a moment I felt like I had come back home. It was an awesome feeling and I was very excited to enjoy our "home" for the week.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Here's a video I made of inside our Villa .. I hope it works ..
[IMG][/IMG]

It was very hot and had been a long day .. the boys wanted to go swimming and I had to go to orientation .. so they grabbed their swimsuits and we headed off to the pool area. Daniel met us there and kept Jeremy company while I went off to orientation.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Orientation was fun and I met some real nice families. I even gave the mom next to me a few pointers since this was her first time. She was very happy to have some helpful tips and I am always happy to share what I know !

During orientation the speaker (completely forgot his name, Bob maybe ??) well he was telling us about the WHITE squirrels that live in the village .. and low and behold .. I saw them !

[IMG][/IMG]

I love squirrels and have a family of them living in a tree outside my home and I have them trained to hand feed. (YES, I know its dangerous .. but I just love them SO much !!) So seeing these white squirrels was a real treat.

So I had to go retrieve the boys .. they are little fishies and would swim 24/7 if given the choice. But dinner time was approaching and I was starving ! My tummy was still acting weird .. but I needed some food.
So we thanked Daniel and went off to get dried up and changed.

[IMG][/IMG]

We headed off to the Gingerbread House ..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I'm pretty sure it was spaghetti night .. the food was pretty good .. the wait staff was excellent. They don't let you carry your tray ! They are all very helpful and seem to really want to please everyone.
The boys went over to the Chew Chew train to get their food .. chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.
Look how tired he looks !
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Daniel had given each of the boys these Prefect pins that they really do love !
[IMG][/IMG]

After dinner we had a few surprises .. stay tuned to find out who we got to meet and what we had for dessert ..

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #19
hey_jude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Daniel had given each of the boys these Prefect pins that they really do love !
So that's what they had on their WWOHP shirts. I could see it was some kind of Gryffindor pin but I couldn't make out what it was. Very nice addition to the outfit, Daniel!

Judy

Dec 1972 - offsite visit to Disney World / Dec 1975 - offsite visit to Disney World / Mar 1993 - Dixie Landings / Aug 2008 - All Star Music / Aug-Sept 2009 - All Star Music, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party / Aug 2010 - All Star Music, Bay Lake Tower / October 2010 - offsite visit to Disneyland, Mickey's Halloween Party / Aug 2011 - All Star Music / Aug-Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
hey_jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #20
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
So that's what they had on their WWOHP shirts. I could see it was some kind of Gryffindor pin but I couldn't make out what it was. Very nice addition to the outfit, Daniel!

Judy
It went "prefectly" (haha .. get it ??) Ok, I know, that was lame .. but I couldn't resist.
The outfits got us lot's of compliments from WWoHOP staff ! They all loved the shirts .. and then I pointed out the shorts and they were even more impressed.

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 04-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #21
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Your so detail oriented, I love it. 1st time I've seen a video of the villas, was that one of the new ones?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
Your so detail oriented, I love it. 1st time I've seen a video of the villas, was that one of the new ones?
I'm trying to be ! I'm so mad at myself because I took along a notebook and started taking notes .. but that only lasted like 1 day. Now I have to go by memory and I'm trying to remember the little things.

Yes .. it I believe it was one of the newer ones .. I think the older ones are more toward the front of the Village .. ours was a ways back. It was so nice .. I wasn't expecting it to be like a whole apartment !

Come check out ..
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #23
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Catching up on your trip report.

Glad you made it through the limo ride. My stomach hurts everytime we fly and I feel sick until we land safely at MCO
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

finally made it over to say

sorry you had an "icky" start to your trip, thankful you all did okay with the plane!

your villa is really cute! and the boys looked like they were having fun swimming.....hhmm, see a trend...mac & cheese for lunch and dinner , should we start keeping track of how many they ate

how nice of Daniel to hang with the boys and give them the pins!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #25
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Catching up on your trip report.

Glad you made it through the limo ride. My stomach hurts everytime we fly and I feel sick until we land safely at MCO
Yeah, I usually get queasy from flying .. but never in a car ! I think it was just too early for us. Nothing like the sight of those palm trees to make you feel better though !
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
finally made it over to say

sorry you had an "icky" start to your trip, thankful you all did okay with the plane!

your villa is really cute! and the boys looked like they were having fun swimming.....hhmm, see a trend...mac & cheese for lunch and dinner , should we start keeping track of how many they ate

how nice of Daniel to hang with the boys and give them the pins!
Hi !

The villa was awesome !

lol .. yup .. it sure was a trend .. mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. One of the reasons I cancelled all our ADR's .. that and my tummy still wasn't feeling 100% throughout our trip.

Daniel is wonderful .. my boys (all 3 of them) really like him ! Jeremy says he wishes we lived there so he could hang out with him more.

Come check out ..
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #26
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post

Daniel is wonderful .. my boys (all 3 of them) really like him ! Jeremy says he wishes we lived there so he could hang out with him more.
I wished that you guys lived closer too, so that i could hang with all of you. Hope that you are adjusting back to the "real world". Miss you guys. Glad that the boys loved their prefect badges.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #27
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you're already starting your TR!

The boys are adorable as usual. I can't wait to see them in all of their fantastic park outfits.

Chew Chew train.... that is just precious.

I will definitely be reading along.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #28
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Oh my goodness, I can't believe you're already starting your TR!

The boys are adorable as usual. I can't wait to see them in all of their fantastic park outfits.

Chew Chew train.... that is just precious.

I will definitely be reading along.

I have to write it while it's still fresh in my head since I ditched the notebook after one day !
I loved all the outfits we got and got so many compliments on them !

Come check out ..
Old 04-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #29
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I left off with us eating dinner at the Gingerbread House ..

While we were eating there was an Easter egg hunt going on outside. We realized this going into dinner .. but were starving so we decided to join the activities after dinner. When we got outside the egg hunt was over .. but they were giving all the kids Easter Baskets so we headed on over to get one for the boys.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then we ran into this guy !

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

After we finished up with the rabbit .. we headed over to the ice cream shop for dessert ..
[IMG][/IMG] (stock photo)
[IMG][/IMG]

At this point I was pretty delirious from exhaustion and I didn't take any pictures of our ice cream. I know I had vanilla with strawberries .. and I'm pretty sure Jayden had mint chocolate chip.

After Ice cream we headed back to our villa where I attempted to watch Survivor .. the boys were off to bed by 8:30 and I barely made it to 9:00.

We all had a pretty restless night .. but at least we felt charged and ready to go the next morning ! I think we woke up at 7:00 am. I was given a letter by Make a Wish telling me that Jaydens wish to visit Harry Potter World was to happen today ! So .. after a quick breakfast .. I had cereal and the boys had pancakes and waffles. The boys were dressed in their adorable Harry Potter World outfits and we were off !

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Will the GPS behave and get us there ok ?? What does Make a Wish have in store for us ?? What other surprises are in store for us later that day ??

Come check out ..
Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #30
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

Love reading about your trip! The boys are too cute Hope you had a magical time!! I ditched most of our ADRs on my first trip with my girls, too! They just wanted quick counter service food so they could ride rides, play, swim, etc...

Always missing the mouse...
Several childhood trips
Saratoga Springs: December 2007
Wilderness Lodge: December 2011
Dolphin/AoA LM: October 2012
Planning for December 2014!!

PatchPixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: