Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #661
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemoms View Post
We just booked too. Just Yesterday. I also did the CA coast cruise... LOVED IT. My favorite itinerary ever. I HOPE HOPE HOPE they bring it back. Of course I am a West Coaster so I really like the CA cruises, then we don't need the airfare. I am so excited to be on this. I see that most of you have booked for so many months, and It seems like I seem to do the last minute cruises, but still can't wait. Just myself and DH... No kids or grandkids... Can't wait.
Welcome!

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
disneycruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #662
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDisFamCruisers View Post
Hello all! We are very late but very excited to be joining everyone on our first Easter cruise to the Bahamas (better late than never)! I still can't believe we are doing this! My name is Mary Jane and I will be traveling with my DH George and DD (23) Gina. Is there going to be a DIS Meet on the first day of the cruise? My family and I would love to meet everyone! A few questions: has anyone ever changed their dining rotation or requested a specific dining rotation? how do you do that? Is anyone not going to WDW on Port Canaveral day? We were thinking about getting a cab to go to Cocoa Beach for the day. Will we be the only ones not going to WDW? Can't wait to meet everyone!

-MJ
Welcome!

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
disneycruising is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #663
MJDisFamCruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We just booked too. Just Yesterday. I also did the CA coast cruise... LOVED IT. My favorite itinerary ever. I HOPE HOPE HOPE they bring it back. Of course I am a West Coaster so I really like the CA cruises, then we don't need the airfare. I am so excited to be on this. I see that most of you have booked for so many months, and It seems like I seem to do the last minute cruises, but still can't wait. Just myself and DH... No kids or grandkids... Can't wait.
Yay for last minute cruisers! We just booked too! We did the 8 Night Christmas cruise out of Galveston and we loved it! Four days at sea are really nice to have...we are sure you will love it too!

June 26-30, 2000 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 26-July 3, 2004 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
June 24-28, 2007 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
May 30-June 4, 2010 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
November 19-26, 2011 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 22-27, 2012 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Dream
July 30-August 6, 2012 7-Night Alaskan Cruise Disney Wonder
December 21-29, 2012 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 29-April 6, 2013 8-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 15-22, 2013 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy
March 28-31, 2014 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
May 24-June 2, 2014 9-Night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder

September 27-October 4, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic

MJDisFamCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #664
minniemoms
There's no place like Disney

Oh yea, can't wait!! This is very last minute.. Love it!!

minniemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #665
nicolevn3
Earning My Ears

Facebook request

We will be cruising for our first time ever, from Galveston at Easter (3/29/13) and would like to join the facebook page.
Thanks!
Nicole Nemec
dh Kevin
ds Jacob (9)
ds Tommy (7)
nicolevn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #666
pchyjewels
Earning My Ears

Welcome everyone!
pchyjewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #667
LLB1767
Earning My Ears

First Disney Cruise

We are a family of 4, children 8 and 11. I have no clue how this board works, but would love to connect with your group on the cruise. The gift exchange sounds fun!
LLB1767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #668
minniemoms

Not sure if I said... But myself and DH doing a last minute cruise. We have 6 children, are they coming... NOPE... We have 11 grandchildren are they coming.... NOPE... Just the two of us, and we can hardly wait. Planning a big trip in a few years with all of us, but we keep expanding... So, not sure we can save enough to take all of us....

Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #669
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the newcomers on this cruise.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #670
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLB1767
We are a family of 4, children 8 and 11. I have no clue how this board works, but would love to connect with your group on the cruise. The gift exchange sounds fun!
Welcome to the group. We are meeting at 3p sail away day at the promenade lounge. The gift exchange list #1 and #2 are closed. You are welcome to start a last minute list #3? We closed the first list two months out and second one a month out to give people time to get set. We have seen a last minute list go before if you want to try.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #671
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLB1767
Many of us have jumped the conversation to a facebook group.

On the list I will help coordinate like I did with the others if you say go.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #672
minniemoms

I have loved doing FE before. But I'm ok. I just really want to meet some of these people I already feel I know. So im anxious to meet everyone for our meet.
Yes, I am on the Facebook page more than this. So smart how u did the 2 FE lists. one cruise we did last year, there were 50 rooms on the list. While that was nice, smaller lists are much better. We needed a separate suitcase Just to bring it and take it all home. So very smart. Not as much work either but still the fun in wondering if there will be anything at your door..
we also did a secret Mickey. Where u had the name of a family or a couple on the list and they were your secret pals the week. You brought them something little several times during the week, then we had a "big reveal" a couple of days before the end of the cruise, to give a $20. limit gift to our secret Mickey family. It was a lot of fun. And nice cause we didn't have to make or get gifts for 30+ people, just a a few for one family. I would do that again.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #673
MJDisFamCruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have loved doing FE before. But I'm ok. I just really want to meet some of these people I already feel I know. So im anxious to meet everyone for our meet.
Yes, I am on the Facebook page more than this. So smart how u did the 2 FE lists. one cruise we did last year, there were 50 rooms on the list. While that was nice, smaller lists are much better. We needed a separate suitcase Just to bring it and take it all home. So very smart. Not as much work either but still the fun in wondering if there will be anything at your door..
we also did a secret Mickey. Where u had the name of a family or a couple on the list and they were your secret pals the week. You brought them something little several times during the week, then we had a "big reveal" a couple of days before the end of the cruise, to give a $20. limit gift to our secret Mickey family. It was a lot of fun. And nice cause we didn't have to make or get gifts for 30+ people, just a a few for one family. I would do that again.
I know it's a little late...but on our Christmas cruise we had an ornament exchange and we were thinking about how it would have been nice to have an Easter "egg" exchange! Each person participating would bring a spring-time gift and when coming to the meet each person participating would pick an Easter egg with a number in it and when that person's number is called they would come and pick a gift. This also gives the people who are or are not part of the FE group a chance to participate in at least a small gift exchange. The ornament exchange was a lot of fun on our Christmas cruise and I would be willing to set everything up if people wanted to do something like this on this cruise!

June 26-30, 2000 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 26-July 3, 2004 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
June 24-28, 2007 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
May 30-June 4, 2010 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
November 19-26, 2011 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 22-27, 2012 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Dream
July 30-August 6, 2012 7-Night Alaskan Cruise Disney Wonder
December 21-29, 2012 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 29-April 6, 2013 8-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 15-22, 2013 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy
March 28-31, 2014 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
May 24-June 2, 2014 9-Night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder

September 27-October 4, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic

MJDisFamCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #674
minniemoms

Sounds fun....

Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #675
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDisFamCruisers

I know it's a little late...but on our Christmas cruise we had an ornament exchange and we were thinking about how it would have been nice to have an Easter "egg" exchange! Each person participating would bring a spring-time gift and when coming to the meet each person participating would pick an Easter egg with a number in it and when that person's number is called they would come and pick a gift. This also gives the people who are or are not part of the FE group a chance to participate in at least a small gift exchange. The ornament exchange was a lot of fun on our Christmas cruise and I would be willing to set everything up if people wanted to do something like this on this cruise!
That sounds like fun. Is it for adults, kids or both? Adults bring adult gift and kids bring kid gift?
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: