Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #541
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer
 
FrogMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 121

This is my daughters b-day present, she will be 17 on the 18th of April. We chose this cruise so she did not have to miss too many days of school.

Happy Anniversary you two.
__________________
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #542
Texan920
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Are you celebrating something special during the cruise?

Erik and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary on April 1. We are looking forward to spending the day at Castaway Cat and dinner at Palo.


Christi
That is a nice number to celebrate Christi, we do not plan this ahead, however, our group of friends- four families cruising together this time, one adult birthday in each family ,therefore, it is a nice event. March 30, April 1, 5 & 6. I'm looking forward to this celebration.
Wonder if i can request cake or order one on board, does anyone know?

Annie
Texan920 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #543
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan920 View Post
That is a nice number to celebrate Christi, we do not plan this ahead, however, our group of friends- four families cruising together this time, one adult birthday in each family ,therefore, it is a nice event. March 30, April 1, 5 & 6. I'm looking forward to this celebration.
Wonder if i can request cake or order one on board, does anyone know?

Annie
We did not plan to go for our anniversary. It was a happy surprise. It just happened to fall during my kids Easter break.

You can order a cake. I am not sure how much it costs. I believe it is just a generic cake.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #544
verafamily
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1

Hi all,

My family and I just booked this cruise and are very excited! This will be our first Disney cruise and first cruise with our daughter. We are celebrating our 2nd baby on the way We would love to meet and participate in FE.

Cabin # 7129

Husband- Omar
Wife- Tesha
Daughter- Sophia 18 months

If anyone has any tips on traveling with a toddler, we would greatly appreciate it!
verafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #545
pchyjewels
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by verafamily View Post
Hi all,

My family and I just booked this cruise and are very excited! This will be our first Disney cruise and first cruise with our daughter. We are celebrating our 2nd baby on the way We would love to meet and participate in FE.

Cabin # 7129

Husband- Omar
Wife- Tesha
Daughter- Sophia 18 months

If anyone has any tips on traveling with a toddler, we would greatly appreciate it!

Welcome to the board!!! We are also traveling with a toddler. There is so much information on this website. I was also looking for tips on traveling with toddlers and found these posts:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058330

I found alot of useful information there. If you have any questions, people here are awesome and can answer anything.. or at least almost anything

Julie
pchyjewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #546
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 59

Welcome to the new families!!! What a fun way to celebrate birthdays and your anniversary. Congrats on baby #2 also!!!
Mistylynn526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #547
pchyjewels
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
We did not plan to go for our anniversary. It was a happy surprise. It just happened to fall during my kids Easter break.

You can order a cake. I am not sure how much it costs. I believe it is just a generic cake.

Christi
Congratulations on the anniversary. We are also celebrating our anniversary (5th year) and our son's 4th birthday on board. I can't wait to see my boys face when we tell them that we are going to go see Mickey. Not sure how I'm going to to tell them...

It's also a coincidence that we will be at WDW this year. It was exactly 10 years ago when my boyfriend (husband now) and I were there.

Don't you just love happy surprises?

Julie
pchyjewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #548
jules4172
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by verafamily View Post
Hi all,

My family and I just booked this cruise and are very excited! This will be our first Disney cruise and first cruise with our daughter. We are celebrating our 2nd baby on the way We would love to meet and participate in FE.

Cabin # 7129

Husband- Omar
Wife- Tesha
Daughter- Sophia 18 months

If anyone has any tips on traveling with a toddler, we would greatly appreciate it!
Welcome and congrats on baby #2. We've never cruise when our kids were toddler but we've traveled when they were very young and the only thing I can tell you is just go with how the baby is feeling at the moment and definitely naps
__________________
Me DH DD (8) DD (6)
jules4172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 AM   #549
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchyjewels View Post
Congratulations on the anniversary. We are also celebrating our anniversary (5th year) and our son's 4th birthday on board. I can't wait to see my boys face when we tell them that we are going to go see Mickey. Not sure how I'm going to to tell them...

It's also a coincidence that we will be at WDW this year. It was exactly 10 years ago when my boyfriend (husband now) and I were there.

Don't you just love happy surprises?

Julie
That is a hard surprise to keep.

Happy Anniversary to you, too.


Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #550
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,274

Verafamily- You have been added.

Amanada7997- please post cabin numbers, names and ages.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #551
Amanda7997
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4

I am not sure of the cabin numbers yet. The names are
Amanda-adult
Israel-adult
Marianne-adult
George-adult
Leyla-age 7
Hayden-age 6
Still not sure though exactly how this works. Do you bring stuff for only the kids? And is it something for every kid everyday or are you assigned a family? Sorry this is our first Disney cruise so I feel a little lost. Lol
Amanda7997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #552
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda7997 View Post
I am not sure of the cabin numbers yet. The names are
Amanda-adult
Israel-adult
Marianne-adult
George-adult
Leyla-age 7
Hayden-age 6
Still not sure though exactly how this works. Do you bring stuff for only the kids? And is it something for every kid everyday or are you assigned a family? Sorry this is our first Disney cruise so I feel a little lost. Lol
You will need to deliver 1 gift to each cabin in FE#2. So approx. 17 gifts.

ETA: You will need to print a copy of your FE list to bring on the cruise. So, you will know who to deliver to. Erik will make a final copy once everyone gets cabin assignments.

You can do kids only but you will still need to deliver a gift to a cabin that has adults only.

I usually give one gift per stateroom. Everyone gets the same thing. It makes it easy.

Some of my favorite things to receive are homemade magnets, Christmas ornaments, bookmarks, tote bags, and candy.
It doesn't have to be expensive. It is just a little thought.

On my last cruise, I gave out Mickey head shape resusable ice cubes.

There are some great threads on the cruise board that gives some ideas.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #553
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,274

Is anyone interested in starting a facebook private group?

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #554
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,274

http://www.facebook.com/groups/467566049975355/


closed group link.

If you want to join, message me with you dis member name.

Thanks.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #555
urbkols
Mouseketeer
 
urbkols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 341

Christi, I did a request to join the group through my phone. But I couldn't message you sorry
__________________
me Michelle DH DS(6) DD(6)




urbkols is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: