Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #511
nerick8
Earning My Ears

You could easily spend several hours with rides and walking around looking at gardens. It really would be up to you to decide how long you want to allocate to another park. We are starting out at MK, to go see the new Fantasyland first, then hit our favorite rides. We will then spend the rest of the day at Epcot.
Oct 26, 2013 - Disney Wonder - Bahamian
Mar 29, 2013 - Disney Magic - Bahamian
Oct 28, 2012 - Disney Wonder - Mexican Riviera
Mar 31, 2012 - Disney Fantasy - Caribbean (Maiden Voyage)
Jan 26, 2011 - Disney Dream - Bahamian (Maiden Voyage)
Sep 18, 2010 - Disney Magic - Westbound TransAtlantic
Oct 25, 2008 - Disney Magic - Caribbean
Sep 15, 2007 - Disney Magic - Caribbean
Dec 3, 2006 - Disney Wonder - Bahamian
Dec 3, 2005 - Disney Magic - Caribbean
nerick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #512
nerick8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
OK, we have you for 2504 on the FE List, and your Mom's cabin 2506 not on the FE list. For simplicity, the girls' stuff could go to your room?
Thanks for updating the spreadsheet. If you want complete info, mom's name is Carolyn and this is her 3rd cruise, so she is silver.
Oct 26, 2013 - Disney Wonder - Bahamian
Mar 29, 2013 - Disney Magic - Bahamian
Oct 28, 2012 - Disney Wonder - Mexican Riviera
Mar 31, 2012 - Disney Fantasy - Caribbean (Maiden Voyage)
Jan 26, 2011 - Disney Dream - Bahamian (Maiden Voyage)
Sep 18, 2010 - Disney Magic - Westbound TransAtlantic
Oct 25, 2008 - Disney Magic - Caribbean
Sep 15, 2007 - Disney Magic - Caribbean
Dec 3, 2006 - Disney Wonder - Bahamian
Dec 3, 2005 - Disney Magic - Caribbean
nerick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #513
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post my favorite picture of my son on the Fantasy from August. Can't wait!!

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #514
gerryswifehlt
Earning My Ears

I'm just wondering if anyone has done or is thinking about doing the Castaway Cay 5K. We are thinking of all doing it-me, my husband and our girls (11 & 13). Does anyone have any insights on it?
gerryswifehlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #515
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE

We have both the ipad and mini and love them. Our ipad doesn't have retina display though. I was chatting with someone at best buy and he said that when you went from retina display to non retina display you get headaches. So you can tell a difference.

I saw today the apple has plans to release a mini with retina display later this year sometime before Christmas.

I like the mini the best for reading. It's ok for checking emails, Facebook, watching movies, and playing games. Those are better on the ipad. The mini also fits in my purse better.(I don't like big purses)
Thanks! I went with the regular iPad. I wish it fit better in my purse, but I liked the picture better.
Mistylynn526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #516
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskers View Post
I tried to send a PM to BlueMarlin, but found out I need to post 10 times before I can send a PM. I just need to make a change to our information for the FE #1. Our 5 year old is a Male and showing as a Female. Thank you for all of your work putting together the FE. 57 days!! So excited!!
Fixed. Apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya1974 View Post
This is our FIRST Disney cruise and we are so excited!!!!
We would like to join the meet and FE list. Please add us to the lists.
Tonya - All set.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #517
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
Glad I'm not the only one doing a lot of cruising. It addicting! In a good way.
Kids ask for a bigger house, and I tell them it will cost cruising. We are still in the small house and cruising
Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #518
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryswifehlt View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone has done or is thinking about doing the Castaway Cay 5K. We are thinking of all doing it-me, my husband and our girls (11 & 13). Does anyone have any insights on it?
I am certainly in for a 5k swim, do we circle the island? This is really cool. I have always wanted to do the Beach-Beach Swim on St. John USVI, and this would be pretty close to that.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #519
TrixieM
Earning My Ears

Castaway Key 5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryswifehlt View Post
This is our first cruise so I don't have any insights. However, our family is excited about participating. I am hoping that having the 5K in front of us will encourage us not to go too crazy with all of the great food I haven't done a 5K since 1996!! I've started Couch Potato to 5K to get ready for this one!

Look forward to seeing you there!
TrixieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #520
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears

Is the 5k something special going on while we're there or is it an anytime thing?
Mistylynn526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #521
TrixieM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistylynn526 View Post
Is the 5k something special going on while we're there or is it an anytime thing?
I read about it on the main board. It happens at about 9:00 am on every Castaway Key day. It sounds like it is relatively informal.
TrixieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #522
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin

Kids ask for a bigger house, and I tell them it will cost cruising. We are still in the small house and cruising
You have to have priorities! I feel the same way. I want a new car but then think about the payment and how many cruises or vacations per year that would be.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #523
wiblondie
Mouseketeer

FE- How often?

Hi - This will be our 3rd cruise on DCKL, but we've never done the FE. From what I read, it appears its up to the organizer and/or participants to decide the frequency of giving gifts?

Blue Marlin - If you're having up to 17 in each grouping, how often do you gift? Is it obne time for each cabin onde per cruise is it that you're assigned one cabin X # of days? Sorry, I thought I read lots of threads, be can't seem to pin down that info.

Please let know. Thanks!
wiblondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #524
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiblondie View Post
Hi - This will be our 3rd cruise on DCKL, but we've never done the FE. From what I read, it appears its up to the organizer and/or participants to decide the frequency of giving gifts?

Blue Marlin - If you're having up to 17 in each grouping, how often do you gift? Is it obne time for each cabin onde per cruise is it that you're assigned one cabin X # of days? Sorry, I thought I read lots of threads, be can't seem to pin down that info.

Please let know. Thanks!
Every FE is different. This is how we are doing it. We decided to have smaller groups. I read about a group having 100 and 170 cabins. Crazy!

You need to give a gift to every cabin in your assigned group. It is up to you how many gifts you want to deliver. Everyday, once per cruise...

You can do 1 gift per cabin, one per person, kids, etc...It is up to you. If you are only giving to kids , you will still need to give a gift to a cabin with only adults in it.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #525
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiblondie View Post
Hi - This will be our 3rd cruise on DCL, but we've never done the FE. From what I read, it appears its up to the organizer and/or participants to decide the frequency of giving gifts? Blue Marlin - If you're having up to 17 in each grouping, how often do you gift? Is it one time for each cabin, once per cruise? Is it that you're assigned one cabin X # of days? Sorry, I thought I read lots of threads, be can't seem to pin down that info. Please let know. Thanks!
I agree with St. Somewhere (I usually do for my own safety). Our "official" FE policy is that you must at minimum give one gift per cabin in your FE List, suitable for generic appreciation, sometime during the cruise.

If you wish to go beyond that, it is at your discretion. As Christi said and you mentioned: multiple gifts, gifting something every day, customized gifts to adults and children, boys or girls, or personalized gifts with people's names on it are all options that you may choose. We know of people who are doing boy/girl gifts and at least one person who is using the names from the FE list to personalize - which is how our FE Spreadsheet got so many fields - and these are certainly appreciated upgrades, but our goal was not to scare away people with lots of rules. So we are trying to keep the basic premise as simple as possible.

Are you in?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: