Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #301
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
No easter baskets here. My kids are not into them. The do like going to an Easter egg hunt at Erik's parents. They put $1 bills in each egg. Plus, a special egg has more money in it.
Money is my favorite egg treasure to find! Perhaps I can have John fill them with DCL gift cards...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #302
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Another question... Sorry...

Can we charge things to our cruiseline KTTW at WDW or do I need another form of payment?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #303
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524

I think we are almost neighbors on the boat! A few of us are in the same little area.

7620 Misty Mistylynn526
7621 Russell -
7622 Bernie -
7624 Annie Trinity524
Fun!!! Russell and Linda in 7621 are my in laws. That will be fun for the boys to be close!
Mistylynn526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #304
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="BlueMarlin"]

He goes to high school during the day, and has one study hour for each college course. He could go to college during the day, but then would have to make up all the work, so easier to look for late afternoon / evening classes. Hoping he does well this semester, he wants to move up to University of Michigan for sophomore year if possible. Needs to do well before I will kick in the up-charge for that [/

Wow that's a lot of work. Well when he graduates and get a CEO job he can then repay you all that you're done for him
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #305
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere

Thanks for the congrats on our son. We are very proud. But, it embarrasses him. The state of Michigan just passed as law in Michigan allowing 9th graders to dual enroll. They need recommendation from school and pass college ACT compass test.
The first semester - students can take one class to get use to it. After that he can take two classes (up to 8 credits) per semester. He will get both high school and college credit. He could have 40- 50 college credits when he graduates high school. The best part is that the high school pays the tuition. We cover books and lab fees. So, he is a freshmen is high school and college. there are around 15 students in his HS that are dual enrolled. High school during regular school hours and college at night.
He shouldn't be embarrassed but I can understand. I was talking to my DD one day about applying herself in school to her most potential she said she didn't want to be in the smart class because all the kids get made fun of. Sad. If he is that smart it's a gift and he should embrace it.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #306
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=MAD4EEYORE;47261690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin

He goes to high school during the day, and has one study hour for each college course. He could go to college during the day, but then would have to make up all the work, so easier to look for late afternoon / evening classes. Hoping he does well this semester, he wants to move up to University of Michigan for sophomore year if possible. Needs to do well before I will kick in the up-charge for that [/

Wow that's a lot of work. Well when he graduates and get a CEO job he can then repay you all that you're done for him
He wants to be a senator. He was talking about running for President the other day.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #307
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

So cool St. Somewhere. You mist be proud. My DD is attending the Tech School and High school. She wants to go into film production and animation. She is studying Digital Media and is involved with Skills USA. She took second place in the local competition and will be going to states after we return from our trip.
This is a unplugg and relax tip for us.

Could you please have Erik? post a link to the second list for the meet

Thank you.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #308
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin

You know there are 4 neighbors in the group here. Don't want to volunteer anyone to knock and run...
What a great idea!
Mistylynn526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #309
mmaines1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA
My Daughter and I are going to be on the Magic 3/29-4/7. It is our first cruise.
I see Christi is driving from Michigan, so am I . I live in Port Huron.
Can we be added to the meet with you guys. But not the FE's. I still am unsure of this.

DD- Sydney 16 (2 weeks shy of 17)
MOM - Kim Single

I am very nervous going as a single person but I see a singles lunch. I hope I will make new friends.

Any tips will be apprecieated.

Kim
Kim - dont be nervous about going as a single person. This is my 7th cruise as a single person and i have enjoyed every one. Disney is the only cruise I'll do because I feel safe there. My dd12 loves them, too. she has made friends on each cruise and is still in touch with a lot of them. i look forward to meeting you and everyone else at our meet.
mmaines1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #310
QueenEleanor
Earning My Ears

Is anyone making name tags for the Meet?

As for Easter outfits....not our thing (Jewish) but I was on the Wonder just before Christmas, and they had photo ops in the evening that included Christmas themes....Mickey and Minnie in patterned sweaters, gifts as props, etc. So....although I understand that few kids (or adults!) want to wear their Easter finery all day....consider wearing some one evening for nice photos.

Magic Mexican Reviera 2005
Magic Transatlantic 2007
Wonder Panama Canal 2012
Magic 8-night Bahamian 2013
Magic TCM Classic Movie 5-night 2013
QueenEleanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #311
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Another question... Sorry...

Can we charge things to our cruiseline KTTW at WDW or do I need another form of payment?
No need to be sorry. I had heard that the KTTW cards were restricted to the ship, but you piqued my interest so I called DCL just to confirm and here is the scoop:

Ship KTTW Card is only currency on the ship. You also need it for embarkation and debarkation. In addition, the DCL bus system uses it to enable you to get the free ride back to Port Canaveral.

Whilst in the WDW parks and or resorts, you will need to use standard tender (cash, credit, etc.)

Speaking of which, if you have one of the Disney Credit Cards and use it directly you frequently get a percent off the purchase (10% ?)
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #312
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA View Post
Could you please have Erik? post a link to the second list for the meet
Ask and ye shall receive: List for the FE #2 and second half of the meet.

I posted a link and then Christi recommended I merge all the lists. So look for the tabs at the bottom for FE #1, FE #2, and DisMeetOnly

The second half is:
(No one has rooms listed yet that I saw)
FE
Mad4Eeyore - Tanya
TrixieM - Mary Beth

DisMeet Only
Loncon4 - ?
GlitterGurl ?
FrogMBA - Kim

Last edited by BlueMarlin; 01-21-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #313
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Booked our pre-cruise hotel. We decided to stay at the Comfort Suites. It's 20.00 for their shuttle up to four people to and from the port. Plus they offer free parking during the cruise. I though it was a steal. I am hoping to get in to Galveston somewhat early on Thurs, but it depends on what time we leave on Wed.

We also got our cabin number today as well it's 5131 so you can add that to the FE list. Was that all you needed Blue Marlin?

Trying to decide what park to go to on the PC day. What day has everyone decided on?

Also can you bring beer and liqour on board in Galveston? I heard they have tougher laws there.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #314
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Confirming the updated FE #2 List URL:

Combined FE List and DisMeet List

Look at the tabs on the bottom.

And got your cabin Eeyore.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #315
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
Also can you bring beer and liqour on board in Galveston? I heard they have tougher laws there.
Holy Smokes!!! I did a quick search and got a big

It appears the laws are that you may not purchase liquor on Sunday, and all liquor served in Galveston must be purchased in Texas, so we should expect a limited bar menu until we clear the 3-mile island radius to open water.

I called DCL and they confirmed that if you order a Bon Voyage package that includes any alcohol, it cannot be delivered to your room until the ship clears the 3-mile border.

The DCL agent did not have a specific policy warning of the BYO issues in Galveston and did not have any anecdotal evidence of troubles for BYO. She seemed to think we were just fine, that it was the ship that was constrained not individuals.

A quick scan of the various chat boards showed many people having issues, but all of them were non-DCL and there were even a few from DCL laughing at the others that had stuff confiscated.

Hopefully this was a red herring and we look to be good for BYO.

So whatcha bringing... I am thinking a bottle of Scotch, nothing fancy, and maybe Bourbon. Debating on rum and/or vodka for the girls. (We have 4 cabins)

If you want to buy in Texas, I see Hall's Liquor is on 2121 45TH STREET at Avenue Q and a half. Which appears to be about 8 blocks straight away from the cruise port (south east by the compass) they open at 10am

Last edited by BlueMarlin; 01-21-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: