Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #271
gerryswifehlt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergurl View Post
Hi,

We are thinking about doing the VIP tour on our stop at Port Canaveral in order to avoid lines. It would be myself, my husband, and our 2 boys, ages 8 and 9. Problem is it is wayyyy to expensive for just the four of us, so we want to know if any of you would be interested in joining us.

The cost is approximately $1,770 for 6 hours. We would need 6 more people for a total of 10 people, so the price would be approximately $177 per person.

We are pretty much interested in hitting all the thrill rides at all of the parks (maybe not Animal Kingdom if we run out of time). I was told we would be brought to the rear of each fastpass line on each ride and go from there.

Please let me know if anyone is interested! We only need 6 more people!
I hope I am doing this right!!

Is transportation provided from the ship? What parks are included? And is lunch included?

I am very interested in the VIP package!! There are 4 of us and we like the thrill rides, too.

Who would we pay and when?

I'd have to check with my husband first.

Last edited by gerryswifehlt; 01-20-2013 at 08:01 PM.
gerryswifehlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #272
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

First Cruise Help

My Daughter and I are going to be on the Magic 3/29-4/7. It is our first cruise.
I see Christi is driving from Michigan, so am I . I live in Port Huron.
Can we be added to the meet with you guys. But not the FE's. I still am unsure of this.

DD- Sydney 16 (2 weeks shy of 17)
MOM - Kim Single

I am very nervous going as a single person but I see a singles lunch. I hope I will make new friends.

Any tips will be apprecieated.

Kim
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #273
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA View Post
My Daughter and I are going to be on the Magic 3/29-4/7. It is our first cruise.
Can we be added to the meet with you guys. But not the FE's. I still am unsure of this.

MOM - Kim Single

I am very nervous going as a single person but I see a singles lunch. I hope I will make new friends.

Kim
Kim,
Don't worry you will have a great time! I went on a 14 night Disney cruise by myself (no kids, husband or friends). I made friends with people on the Dis. I went to the cruise meet and put a face with the names. I hung out with them if I wanted. Other times I enjoyed time by myself. I never felt out of place. It was nice to see a friendly face around the ship.

We have friends that live in Port Huron and Lakeport. I believe that the high school band will be at WDW the week we are there.

We live just South of Detroit in Lincoln Park.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #274
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loncon04 View Post
>Is the Palo dinner worth it? I've heard the food on DCL is better than a lot of the other cruise lines... I want to spend time with the kids but I'm beginning to think a night away at the Palo doesn't sound too bad either? Is it like a steakhouse type thing? I guess what I'm getting at is what makes it better than the already paid for food?
>Also Im afraid my kids are going to love the kids clubs and want to be in there a lot if that is the case are there things for adults to do? Dont get me wrong this vacation is definitely for my kids BUT if they ditch us cuz "mickey is way cooler than mom and dad"... what do we do?
>Park hopper tickets... Which parks can you "hop" from and which places would be best for a 6 and 4 year old? Never been to WDW. From AZ so we just go to DL.
>Also I am thinking we need to be part of the meet and greet since we are probably not going to have any other friends end up coming with us... every other time we have cruised we have gone with a group of 50+ other people we knew, and no kids. So this is going to be quite a change for us. Excited though! I hear so much good about DCL!
1. Palo is worth the dinner. You could do brunch and still have a quiet meal without kids. Brunch is my fav. For brunch , there is a buffet with Fruits, sweet rolls, seafood, antipasto, etc. Plus, you get an entree or two. Maybe a pizza appetizer, plus desserts. It is $20 per person. You will need to make a reservation. Each night the main dining room will have a different menu. There will be 3 rotational dinners,1 formal,1 semi formal, 1 pirate, and others.

2.My kids love the clubs. We make them eat dinner with us. Other than that we don't see them. There are drink tastings, trivia, spa services, animation classes, movies, or just relaxing on deck with a book. There is always stuff to do. Each night you will get a Navigator in your stateroom with the next days activities. It will list kids, family and adult activities. Remember you can not do everything!

3. You will be able to hop to all the parks. Magic Kingdom and Epcot are attached to the monorail. You would take that between those to parks. Buses run to the other parks about every 20 minutes. You may have to wait for another bus. It can take about 15-20 to travel to the different park.I recommend that you look at the parks and determine what your kids will enjoy the most. My kids favorite is Epcot. Least fav-Animal Kingdom.

4. It is great to go to the meet and greet. You can put a face with the names on the Dis. It is great to see a friendly face around the ship.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #275
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

where is the meet

Sorry I left out that I don't have a room number yet.
I am a little lost on here I cannot find the location for the meet.
I know I read it.
Deck 3 3 pm

looking forward to it

Thanks to all for the great tips.
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #276
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryswifehlt View Post
You are totally right! MK opens at 7 am for resort guests and 8am for everyone. They've recently changed that, yeah?

That just means that by even by 8-9am MK will be pretty crowded and they must be expecting very large crowds that day.
Unfortunately you will be right. 4/2 is, at the very least, Catholic School spring break in Florida. I am having my parents meet me in WDW and I am sure it will be packed all day. I don't have a desire to hop to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. I am most worried about the fact that we will not have a room to go to in the middle of the day to rest. I may just get a hotel room at Pop Century for the day. I think it's the 30% off time period. It might be worth it to us to be able to have somewhere to go to make it through till the later buses.

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #277
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
We promise not to stalk you, but what hotel is this? I asked the operator how close the hotel was to the pier and he said two blocks. I don't care about the actual hotel as we aren't going to get in until about 8 pm so I won't be able to enjoy any amenities. I'd love to walk off and avoid a shuttle.

TIA.

Annie
As for the hotel, we are staying at the Country Inn and Suites Galveston Beach. It is 1/4 Mile from the Galveston Historic Pleasure Pier. Hope you did not mistake my saying pier for the ship pier, sorry. According to Goggle Maps, the Tremont is about 2 - 3 blocks from the Cruise Pier.

To be clear, we are parking at the port. Here is their site Galveston Port Parking. According to the maps it is about 1/2 to 1 mile from the parking garage to the port facility. So there may be some transport involved, or a hike by the best runner in your family. The difference in distance is due to where you park specifically, and if you can cross the train tracks that terminate right there, and if we are at the near building or far building. Here is a map, and I will be checking the cruise reports of the soon to be returning first trip to see what they might be saying.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #278
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:

MOM - Kim Single

Kim
I will get an update out with the additions to the second FE list, and Meet only list. We will get you on there Kim, and welcome to the boards and cruise.

My DSIL is also a single mom on this cruise. Also, with so much to do, couples often get split up to attend conflicting events, so you might see "singles" from our Dis-Meet all over the ship in the coffee shop, at tastings, in the club. More often than not it is easy to find a friendly face in the crowd.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #279
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Perhaps someone can say when the last motorcoach leaves? Walt Disney World Resort (Port Canaveral, FL) 6:15 a.m. 12:45 a.m. It's about an hour and 30 minutes back to port. What time do we have to be back on the ship? Is there a return schedule for each park?

Here is the park schedule for the day we are there. It appears that Magic Kingdom opens at 8am for the general public.
We randomly met friends from a previous Dis-Meet at the turnstyles of Magic Kingdom this summer. They were doing the Cruise Excursion, and told us that at that time, the last bus back was 10pm, even though the parks may be open later. May be different now. They did all four parks in one day, but that was literally during a hurricane and ultra-low season. They also regretted pushing so hard the next morning.

The buses start returning to the ship every 30 minutes starting at 3:30 from all the parks at the Bus Stop marked for the Cruise Ship. Look on the big board, just like you were going to the resort. Also easier to tell the cruise buses because they are painted the distinctive pattern.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #280
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am a little lost on here I cannot find the location for the meet. I know I read it. Deck 3 at 3 pm
Just in case, we are meeting at the Promenade Lounge. If memory serves, it is the traditional Dis-Meet location on Magic & Wonder.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #281
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
We randomly met friends from a previous Dis-Meet at the turnstyles of Magic Kingdom this summer. They were doing the Cruise Excursion, and told us that at that time, the last bus back was 10pm, even though the parks may be open later. May be different now. They did all four parks in one day, but that was literally during a hurricane and ultra-low season. They also regretted pushing so hard the next morning.

The buses start returning to the ship every 30 minutes starting at 3:30 from all the parks at the Bus Stop marked for the Cruise Ship. Look on the big board, just like you were going to the resort. Also easier to tell the cruise buses because they are painted the distinctive pattern.
This helps so much. In August, we left Epcot and saw the DCL bus there at around 9 PM. We weren't sure if it was the last bus or not.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #282
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieM

Hi! Hope our DD's can connect!! My DD is a big pin trader and can't wait for the cruise! We've spent lots of time in downtown Greer. We miss Gerard's which closed soon after we moved to NC!

My sis lives in Atlanta so we get to GA about once a year.
My DD loves the pins but doesn't trade them much lol. A little shy with that. She doesn't quite know we are going on this one yet. I have another cruise booked for June and thinks when I talk about the cruise it's that one. The girls meeting up would be fun. If you pm me I can give you our email.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #283
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere

We are driving from Michigan. Our plan was to leave right after school on Wed. My son, matt , 14 qualified for dual enrollment and has a college class that night from 7- 10 pm. We will leave later than I thought.

We are staying at country inn and suites in Galveston. We e booked reservations at port for parking.

Christi
I'm glad I'm not the only one driving! Michigan is a lot further a drive then Georgia. I looked at parking and hotels some today. I didn't see many cruise packages with parking. We may park at the port as well to save time. Park and cruise is sold out those days. Still unsure where to stay. We have never sailed from Galveston. Congrats to your son that is awesome. Does he go to high school during the day and then college at night?
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #284
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

How are you guys getting Easter baskets on board? My DS5 believes hook line and sinker in the EB and was so excited when I told him that of course EB would find him on the ship. I heard that they may or may not have an Easter Egg Hunt onboard. I will have to do plastic eggs in my cabin if they don't. Are you guys doing full on Easter outfits for Sunday?

Ever type a post and then realize you think in run-on sentences? LOL

I really do appreciate all the help.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #285
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryswifehlt View Post
You are totally right! MK opens at 7 am for resort guests and 8am for everyone. They've recently changed that, yeah?

That just means that by even by 8-9am MK will be pretty crowded and they must be expecting very large crowds that day.
Tourplans is showing:
Crowd Levels
Magic Kingdom 9.5
Epcot 8.8
Hollywood Studios 7.9
Animal Kingdom 9.2
Overall Crowds 10

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
disneycruising is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: