Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #181
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruising View Post
My DD (19) and I will be joining you on this cruise. It is a very belated graduation present for my DD.
Welcome!

I was looking at all your cruises. We have sailed together before.
I was on the EBTA in 2011.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #182
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruising
My DD (19) and I will be joining you on this cruise. It is a very belated graduation present for my DD.
Welcome. Are you joining the FE or meet?
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #183
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

I find out tomorrow if the boss will let me have Good Friday off to be with you fine ladies and gentlemen.

Can anyone give me more info on the WDW bus? Is there one bus there and one bus back? That's a long time to be there and I am uncertain if my son could make it the whole day.

TIA,

Annie

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #184
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

We would love to join the FE and meet.

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
disneycruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #185
urbkols
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
I find out tomorrow if the boss will let me have Good Friday off to be with you fine ladies and gentlemen.

Can anyone give me more info on the WDW bus? Is there one bus there and one bus back? That's a long time to be there and I am uncertain if my son could make it the whole day.

TIA,

Annie
Hopefully the boss gives you the ok!!

When you go online under port adventures you pick which park you want to start at for the day. It sounds like there are multiple busses because they leave at different times in the morning. On the way back I'm not sure how that is going to work. I know my kids may not last the entire day either.

urbkols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #186
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524

TIA,

Annie
The buses leave in the morning. You can sign up for the buses to the park of your choice after you pay in full. On the way back from the parks there are bus stops at each park designated for cruise ship buses and you just wait in line till there is space and you come back when you want. They start returning to the ship at 3:30 I think.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #187
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Welcome!

I was looking at all your cruises. We have sailed together before.
I was on the EBTA in 2011.
I loved that cruise! The weather was wonderful!

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #188
gerryswifehlt
Earning My Ears

Hi. I am new to this thread and am interested in getting in on a FE also. DH,DD(13),DD(11) and I will be going and this is my first try at FE.
gerryswifehlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #189
urbkols
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryswifehlt View Post
Hi. I am new to this thread and am interested in getting in on a FE also. DH,DD(13),DD(11) and I will be going and this is my first try at FE.
Seems like everyone is busy!! If you have any questions let anyone know. We are willing to answer. I know this will be the first time participating in the FE, will this be your first time on DCL???

urbkols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #190
gerryswifehlt
Earning My Ears

Thanks!! This is only our 2nd cruise. We did the Dream last spring for three days, but that was way too short! We never got around to cruising because we didn't want to take days away from the parks, but have found we really like it and DCL does it so well!! Also new to Disboards.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #191
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

Quote:
welcome!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #192
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks!! This is only our 2nd cruise. We did the Dream last spring for three days, but that was way too short! We never got around to cruising because we didn't want to take days away from the parks, but have found we really like it and DCL does it so well!! Also new to Disboards.
Welcome to GerrysWifeHlt, I added you (and DisneyCruising) to the FE and Meet lists, when you get your cabin number let me know to complete the entry. We are waiting on a few guarantees to pop in last minute cabin assignments.

Happy to help if you have any questions about the Magic (vs. Dream), you have a strong knowledge on this thread to help.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #193
gerryswifehlt
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for the welcomes :-). I think I'm pretty good on the Magic, especially after reading through this thread. You guys are good!! We are cabin 6570, with Gerry and Heidi, Lizzie (13) and Abi (11). We'd also like to try to make it to the meet-up.

One question, though- last cruise we were on Disney bus from the resort and I don't remember what time they got us there, but we had no lines and got right on. So what is the best time to check in to board, to get through and on board quickly? Is there massive congestion at 1pm?

Thanks. Look forward to meeting everyone!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #194
mmaines1
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! This is our 7th cruise and we are SO excited. We've done all 4 of the boats and have loved every one of them! I am a Disney fanatic and have visited Walt Disney World 20+ times.

I would love to participate in the FE and the meets. I'm a single parent and my 12-year-old daughter and her friend will probably ignore me the whole trip, so I'm looking for people to hang out with

We are:
Cabin 7514
Michelle (old enough)
Lauren (12)
Kasey (13)

I booked some things over the weekend. Can't wait for my spa appointments! Did anyone book the Epcot dessert party to watch Illuminations?

Really looking forward to this cruise. I love that we have all those 'at sea' days. So relaxing!
mmaines1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #195
mmaines1
Earning My Ears

Forgot to include a tip for new cruisers:

Bring a white pillowcase and some permanent markers. You can leave them with guest services when you get on the ship and they'll have all the characters (or you can select only certain characters) sign the pillowcase for you. They leave the pillowcase for you in your room a few days later. You can also find some really cute embroidered pillowcases on etsy or ebay if you want to customize the pillowcase.
mmaines1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: