Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #61
tiffinymunn
We LOVE Disney Cruises!!!

Omg!!!! We love turtles!!! That is so cute!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #62
soccermom1422
Earning My Ears

Costa Maya Beach

We are thinking of doing a beach day in Costa Maya in October. Has anyone done the Jungle Beach Break? Or should we go on our own? We would like to rent a wave runner and maybe get a massage. Our 4 boys range in age from 2-13.

Our Disney Magic Cruise, Galveston 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtR8...8Fxc_EHR3s_Sxw
soccermom1422 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #63
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

Grand Cayman excursion - must choose just one

My husband and I agree that we need to choose no more than ONE excursion in port but the hard part is actually deciding which one to do. We had planned on doing JUST ONE excursion for the entire trip (to save $) - we chose the stingray adventure at Castaway but then we decided to add on a snorkle tour of a sunken ship in Grand Cayman. So, we're up to 2.

Now, we're thinking of adding on an excursion to swim w/ the dolphins but after looking at the different excursions, the one I like best is also in Grand Cayman AND we're thinking about adding a third excursion while in Cozumel. Eeeeik! I need help!

Dolphin swim & Turtle farm vs. Shipwreck snorkle

Oh, and my son is completely obsessed w/ shipwrecks (we live in Michigan and there are quite a few around in the Great Lakes here). My daughter thinks she IS a dolphin - ha! and swears she is going to be a vet for Disney when she grows up. They both love animals. The dolphin excursion is almost 3 times the $ but I guess I don't care if it's worth it - what to do!!??

Also, can someone recommend an excursion or s'thing to do in Cozumel? Can we get away with just exploring without doing an excursion or will the day end up wasted? I'd rather spend the $ and get the best experience if that's what I need to do.

2006: Port Orleans FQ (EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival)
2008: CB (MNSSHP)
2012: West'n Carib 7 nt on Fantasy!

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Alex (11) & Abby Kate (9)
C8eOg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #64
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8eOg View Post
My husband and I agree that we need to choose no more than ONE excursion in port but the hard part is actually deciding which one to do. We had planned on doing JUST ONE excursion for the entire trip (to save $) - we chose the stingray adventure at Castaway but then we decided to add on a snorkle tour of a sunken ship in Grand Cayman. So, we're up to 2.

Now, we're thinking of adding on an excursion to swim w/ the dolphins but after looking at the different excursions, the one I like best is also in Grand Cayman AND we're thinking about adding a third excursion while in Cozumel. Eeeeik! I need help!

Dolphin swim & Turtle farm vs. Shipwreck snorkle

Oh, and my son is completely obsessed w/ shipwrecks (we live in Michigan and there are quite a few around in the Great Lakes here). My daughter thinks she IS a dolphin - ha! and swears she is going to be a vet for Disney when she grows up. They both love animals. The dolphin excursion is almost 3 times the $ but I guess I don't care if it's worth it - what to do!!??

Also, can someone recommend an excursion or s'thing to do in Cozumel? Can we get away with just exploring without doing an excursion or will the day end up wasted? I'd rather spend the $ and get the best experience if that's what I need to do.
Someone had just posted on another thread about a chocolate shop tour on Cozumel - Kaokao. $10 per adult (kids 12 & under free) plus cab fare of about $8 each way. I'm trying to figure out how to be in two places at once!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #65
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
I agree with you about the Secret River it is completely worth it! Loved every minute of it.
this was our favorite excursion last week BUT - we were not prepared for the travel involved in getting there. The ferry from Cozumel was awful - people were throwing up everywhere - seriously, if you are the least bit effected by motion sickness - this is NOT for you! The bumpy bus ride was also an adventure. That said, we LOVED this tour - amazing place, so interesting and just something you will never find anywhere else!

We did the island tour/turtle farm/stingray city in Grand Cayman and wish I saved my money. The "tour" of the island was awful - the island itself is ugly and depressing. The turtle farm really skeeved us out. Stingray city was ok. I would just stay on the ship next time around in GC.

CT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #66
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

That secret river excursion sounds like a lot of fun - we're looking into that while we're in Cozumel.

2006: Port Orleans FQ (EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival)
2008: CB (MNSSHP)
2012: West'n Carib 7 nt on Fantasy!

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Alex (11) & Abby Kate (9)
C8eOg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #67
dsnygirl2006
DIS Veteran

Looking into the secret river, is this something that is scary or not? I have a very timid 9 year old little boy and is this something where you swim thru enclosed caves or just walk thru?

dsnygirl2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #68
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew9780

I am also on the 9/1 western and we have a stingray tour booked with native way. I have a 4 year old and had no troubles booking. If you want to pm me I can send u more info. By the way we have a meet group too.
Thanks! I found the meet group! I think we've decided to enjoy the ship in port

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #69
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

It's an hour & a half tour through the caves - you are swimming and walking. They give you a wet suit, life jacket and a hard hat with a light. My 9 year old loved it.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #70
Quagmire
Earning My Ears

Cozumel

My family and I did Salsa and Salsa and had a GREAT time! One of the best excursions we have ever done on a cruise.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #71
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Mom of 3 View Post
It's an hour & a half tour through the caves - you are swimming and walking. They give you a wet suit, life jacket and a hard hat with a light. My 9 year old loved it.
This looks SOOOO cool! I missed it, what port was this at? Who did you book this through and what was the cost? How long is the total tour?
Thanks!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
timandlesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #72
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Les, I think this is the secret river in Cozumel. We considered this also but it seems like a ton of traveling just to get there. I think it is listed as a 7.5-8.0 excursion.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #73
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

We booked through DCL - it was in Cozumel. It was an all day excursion - we met on board at 8:15 am. You take a high speed ferry to the mainland & then a bus to Rio Secreto. You're in the caves themselves for 1 1/2 hours then they have a lunch for you & you are brought back to Playa del Carmen for shopping/sightseeing on your own for a little while then the ferry back to the ship. I think we got back to the ship around 5:00 pm. It was a blast and worth the travel time!! I don't remember the cost - something like $130 per person I think.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #74
GotMickey?
Earning My Ears

Has anyone done the Dolphin Swim in Costa Maya? I know its at the end of the pier but I am wondering how good it is compared to Cayman or Cozumel. Also it it worth doing the Island Tour in Cayman? I know it says you get to see "hell" and the turtle farm. We mainly are looking forward to the Sting Ray City. Thanks!
GotMickey? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #75
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Subscribing to get ideas. We did the stingray advernture on Castaway Cay, which I loved and DS5 hated. Great ideas on here.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: