Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
evcollins
Mouseketeer

Booking for September, 2015-Am I too late?

We have never cruised before and we just came back to WDW. We need a break, but would still love to be in the Disney ambiance. I think a cruise might be just what we need to slow down a bit.

We are a family of five and I am pricing out one vs. two rooms, insurance and transportation/hotel. What my question ultimately comes down to is, are we too late to book for September 2015? I've read threads stating to book right when the dates are released to get the best rate, which I have no idea when they opened.

I don't know what a good "rate" entails for a cruise since I don't have anything to compare it with. What are your thoughts about the timing?

Thanks!
evcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evcollins View Post
We have never cruised before and we just came back to WDW. We need a break, but would still love to be in the Disney ambiance. I think a cruise might be just what we need to slow down a bit.

We are a family of five and I am pricing out one vs. two rooms, insurance and transportation/hotel. What my question ultimately comes down to is, are we too late to book for September 2015? I've read threads stating to book right when the dates are released to get the best rate, which I have no idea when they opened.

I don't know what a good "rate" entails for a cruise since I don't have anything to compare it with. What are your thoughts about the timing?

Thanks!
Not too late. September isn't a peak season for cruising. It's not like you are trying to book a Christmas or Spring Break cruise so booking on opening day isn't as important in getting a good rate.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Yokelridesagain
Mouseketeer

Based on the time of year that you are cruising and the ongoing upward trend in DCL prices, I doubt that you would see significant savings by waiting for the 2016 schedules to be released.
Yokelridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
mhconley
Califloridian

You can use http://www.cruisefish.net/ to check current prices to see how they've changed since release.

Martin
Walt Disney World off-site: Fall 1972
Polynesian: Fall 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: June 6-13, 2015
Polynesian: August 16-26, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

As long as what you priced out fits your budget and you feel it's acceptable, then you aren't "too late." Are you later than opening day? Yes. But September isn't a hugely busy time so fares probably have not increased much in the past few months since itineraries opened. And it is still a year out.

If the prices you found are not acceptable...well, then maybe you are too late. Or need to look at other ways to reduce the cost -- interior cabin vs verandah, dates a week or so different (fares can vary cruise-to-cruise), a different itinerary or ship or home port. Try tweaking any of those to see if you can find something acceptable.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
birdmom
ONE BY ONE THE BIRDS TOOK MY SANITY!!!

I am having a problem booking for this cruise just because it seems all the good rooms are gone, and connecting rooms are no where to be seen. I wanted to cruise this month as well but now it looks like 2016 is my only choice
Old 10-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #7
grammie12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmom View Post
I am having a problem booking for this cruise just because it seems all the good rooms are gone, and connecting rooms are no where to be seen. I wanted to cruise this month as well but now it looks like 2016 is my only choice
Which cruise are you trying to book?
grammie12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: