Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #1231
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by diableri View Post
Ordered with It's Tasty Too. A Lego brick (the kids are crazy for Legos and are just as excited for the Lego store as the parks).

Nice people! Thank you for the recommendation lurkyloo, all handled and very affordable!
Do they deliver to the resorts? Where all on property can they deliver to?
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip March 2014 offsite youth trrip
(20) (17) (9) (7)
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #1232
diableri
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigget74 View Post
Do they deliver to the resorts? Where all on property can they deliver to?
They said they could deliver to the hotel but since I was going to a restaurant that didn't require park admission, they could do it there.

This thread was such a help, just calling the cake line cold was zero help for me since neither my hotel nor my restaurant were available via the prompt and the dining reservation folks just referred me to that number and couldn't help any further. No human option is available.

Calling the Rainforest was the same story and cold calling googled cake makers in the area seemed a bit risky. Thank you all!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #1233
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by diableri View Post
Ordered with It's Tasty Too. A Lego brick (the kids are crazy for Legos and are just as excited for the Lego store as the parks).

Nice people! Thank you for the recommendation lurkyloo, all handled and very affordable!
I'm so glad this is working out for you, and I can't wait to see the cake!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #1234
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigget74 View Post
just heard back from chef Brian--- they can't do my cake. I think I am going to re word---to any blueprint design and add a rock-n-roll theme.
UGH- so sad they can't do this. I was really thinking this would be such a great idea.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #1235
mmsportsmom
Earning My Ears

If I am ordering a custom cake but only do buttercream, not fondant, what terminology do I use to make sure I dont get a frozen cake? I want a fresh baked cake. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #1236
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Supposedly none of their cakes are frozen, but I was once told the cake we ordered at the restaurant podium had to be defrosted...

Basically, any order you put in for a "custom" cake will be made fresh for you, no matter how simple or elaborate. Actually, I suspect the really elaborate fondant ones have less chance of being fresh because they could take a couple days to make.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #1237
monami7
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if I can get screen print on a cake a nine dragons? We are going there for DD's Birthday. She is from China and loves Mulan. She choose this location and I wanted to get her a cake with Mulan on it for her birthday.
Thanks
Heidi
Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #1238
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Hello, fellow DIS-ers!

I have looked through quite a few pages of this thread and have tried the search function, but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, so I'm hoping you could help me.

My sister, sister-in-law and best friend and I are celebrating my sister's 50th birthday by running/walking the Disney Princess Half Marathon next month. We're planning to have a celebratory dinner after the race that night and I'd like to surprise my sister with a special birthday cake. I just have no idea how I want it to look. Does anyone have any pictures of fun 50th cakes (no "over the hill" type cakes), or cakes with a running theme?

Thanks for any help you could give me!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #1239
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Can anyone help me? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed looking through all of these threads. I'm wanting to order a mini cake for DS for his Bday. We will be at Chef Mickey's the night I'm hoping to get it, so it would be from the Contemporary. I don't want a bigger cake because we won't have any way to store it and are heading back to MK, but price isn't a huge concern. I just want a nice experience for him.

His favorite Disney movie is Nemo for sure, but he would be happy with a cake with any type of over the top Disney theme since this is his first trip

So...how do I go about ordering this? I tried googling mini cakes (Disney) and there really didn't seem to be that many. From what I read on this thread it seems that people tend to be somewhat disappointed when they aren't specific enough with requests? So it might not be best to sort of leave it up to the chef? I know I shouldn't order until a few weeks ahead of time, but I'm wondering how I should order it? Thanks for any feedback!!!! Until then I'll keep looking through these threads....

Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #1240
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Can I get a mini wedding cake with from Contemporary delivered to BOG? I saw a few pages back that someone had a cake delivered at the Crystal Palace.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #1241
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Can I get a mini wedding cake with from Contemporary delivered to BOG? I saw a few pages back that someone had a cake delivered at the Crystal Palace.
When I asked one of the pastry chefs there about it for my December trip, he said they weren't able to make deliveries to Be Our Guest at the time. It wouldn't hurt to ask, though.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #1242
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
I asked about a week ago and no options other than ordering a standard cake at the podium were available for BOG.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #1243
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

DH and I got at the Yacht Club gazebo in 2007. We went back in 2008 and I had a replica of our top tier delivered at 1900 Park Fare. It was exactly like our top tier and it was great! We are going back in a few weeks with DD for her first trip and thought it would be fun to get that cake again since we will be eating at 1900 Park Fare with her too. I called the GF hotline and talked to someone who was a little confusing to talk to. She said that I could get a 6 inch cake with the same piping as our wedding cake with just one layer of of the mousse for $21. I told her that didn't sound like the exact replica as it had more layers. She said then that would cost $80! When I got the replica in 2008 it was $35! Wow, that's some inflation. I don't know if I just want a basic 6 inch cake. Yes, it would be the same flavors, but I really want it to look like the one that we had. She gave me her email address and I told her I would find a picture of the one we had. I'm feeling a little discouraged though. This is what I want it to be...

me DH DD and DS
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #1244
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had delivery to AOA? I just ordered a cake for DH 40th birthday and I'm sort of worried what I'll get. The person taking the order didn't seem to be too interested in taking the order or getting the details. Should I call back a few days before our trip to confirm the details? What would be the best day to call? I ordered an 8 inch buttercream topped cake and asked for a Cars themed pop-up and a number 40 on the cake some where with a white chocolate plaquard that reads "Nothing soothes a rusty bumper like Rust-eez". (a quote from the movie). This is to be delivered to our Cars themed suite.

I'm worried I'm just going to get a standard podium cake with a Cars theme. I was quoted $32 for the cake + $30 for decorations. Total with delivery and tip is $74. Does that seem about right for what I want? Also, if you've had delivery to your room will it be ok for a few hours if we are out? It's our arrival day and we kind of just play that day by ear. Thanks. Love this thread but it's LONG and the process is very confusing.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #1245
Lesley84
Earning My Ears

Question pictures???

Are there any current pictures of cakes they make now?? I was considering getting a cake for all my kids... Might do the Mickey head one. but I want do see a pic of it first to see if it is worth the price.

June 1990: off resort
June 1996: off resort
June 2010: off resort
October 2013: All Star Movies
February 2015: Undecided

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: