Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #1066
flea1267
DIS Veteran

Awesome!!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1067
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTrigger View Post
WooHoo!!! Got my quote today and thankful to say I won't be breaking the bank with the cake! Which was a concern since I was originally designing something around the sandcastle topper. I sent Chef Brian the sketch below (calling it Celestial Mickey) and was quoted $137! So happy!

[IMG][/IMG]
Love this design!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #1068
Tharris550
Earning My Ears

Will a 10 inch Cake be able to fit in a moderate hotel's fridge ?

Well after some it is eaten of course. Only want a 10 inch because the Grand Floridian only does smaller feature for smaller cakes. Was hoping for a marble cake with custard and raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. Does anyone know if they could do that in an 8 inch ? I'm sorry for all questions, only want to surprise my parents with a special cake.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #1069
JJBeans
Earning My Ears

hope this works

[IMG]http:/[/IMG]
Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #1070
JJBeans
Earning My Ears

This is my 2nd Anniversary cake from the Boardwalk! It was absolutely perfect perfect perfect! Marble cake, white chocolate mousse! Chef Matt was absolutely fantastic! I could not be happier! I tried getting this cake last year from the Contemporary and was a disaster. This was perfect and wanted to share!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #1071
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

Hi! I had a few questions and was hoping someone here would know the answers.

I have seen pictures of mini cakes (the ones for 2 people) that are two-tiered with Mickey ears on top. My DFi loves Goofy and I was wondering if anyone has seen a mini cake with Goofy ears or if that would even be possible on the mini cakes?

I also have seen pics of the white chocolate Mickey figurine on a plate with chocolate covered strawberries around. Is this still available and is it only at GF? What does it cost? Also, does anyone have a picture of the Goofy figurine?

Lastly, not exactly cake, but I booked an Illuminations fireworks cruise for our honeymoon and would really like to order some sort of key lime pie for DFi. Has anyone ordered anything like this from Yacht Club Private Dining?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #1072
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here and post pictures of the cake I ordered. Life has been hectic the last couple of weeks. Anyway, just as a reminder, I spoke to Janet at Pop Century to order a mini anniversary cake. I sent a picture of the basic design I wanted with MM ears on top, the inscription "Still living happily ever after" and I wanted chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling. I was quoted $30.

Here is the picture I sent asking for the design to be duplicated:

Here is what was delivered:

The cake was delivered by the time promised and DH and I were both very pleased. The cake was moist, delicious and more than enough for two people!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
Old 11-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #1073
AllThingsFigment
Mouseketeer

I haven't been able to read through this entire thread but from what I have read it seems like Pat is really hard to deal with and that she pushes the more basic cakes. Would it be better to switch to a restaurant serviced by the contemporary bakery or do you think I'll be okay ordering with pat as long as I'm insistent about the flavors and such? I would also like to email a picture of what I'm looking for, do you think it will be a problem? I would prefer to keep our reservations the way they are but I also don't want a terrible cake. Not sure what the best option is. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #1074
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharris550 View Post
Will a 10 inch Cake be able to fit in a moderate hotel's fridge ?

Well after some it is eaten of course. Only want a 10 inch because the Grand Floridian only does smaller feature for smaller cakes. Was hoping for a marble cake with custard and raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. Does anyone know if they could do that in an 8 inch ? I'm sorry for all questions, only want to surprise my parents with a special cake.
The bottom tier of our wedding cake was 10 inches. We were just barely able to squeeze the box into our mini fridge at Beach Club Villas, but that was 5 years ago. Not sure if the newer mini fridges at, say, Art of Animation would accommodate a box that deep. Bell Services can keep it in their fridge for you, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBeans View Post
This is my 2nd Anniversary cake from the Boardwalk! It was absolutely perfect perfect perfect! Marble cake, white chocolate mousse! Chef Matt was absolutely fantastic! I could not be happier! I tried getting this cake last year from the Contemporary and was a disaster. This was perfect and wanted to share!
Great cake! Any chance you'd share the price too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewieIsMyCoPilot View Post
I have seen pictures of mini cakes (the ones for 2 people) that are two-tiered with Mickey ears on top. My DFi loves Goofy and I was wondering if anyone has seen a mini cake with Goofy ears or if that would even be possible on the mini cakes?
The Mickey Ears are a standard mold they have. I've never seen Goofy ears, but that doesn't mean they couldn't sculpt/mold you some. It will just add to the cost of the cake.

Quote:
I also have seen pics of the white chocolate Mickey figurine on a plate with chocolate covered strawberries around. Is this still available and is it only at GF? What does it cost?
Most of the Deluxe resorts seem to have the ability to do white chocolate Mickeys. The selection of characters and the prices vary by resort, though, so you'll really need to call. See Post #2 for phone numbers. Figure on $30-$50, though.

Quote:
Lastly, not exactly cake, but I booked an Illuminations fireworks cruise for our honeymoon and would really like to order some sort of key lime pie for DFi. Has anyone ordered anything like this from Yacht Club Private Dining?
That's another one that only the resort can answer for you. I haven't ever seen a pie delivered posted on these Cake Threads but, again, that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here and post pictures of the cake I ordered. Life has been hectic the last couple of weeks. Anyway, just as a reminder, I spoke to Janet at Pop Century to order a mini anniversary cake. I sent a picture of the basic design I wanted with MM ears on top, the inscription "Still living happily ever after" and I wanted chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling. I was quoted $30.
Thanks for posting! Looks tasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsFigment View Post
I haven't been able to read through this entire thread but from what I have read it seems like Pat is really hard to deal with and that she pushes the more basic cakes. Would it be better to switch to a restaurant serviced by the contemporary bakery or do you think I'll be okay ordering with pat as long as I'm insistent about the flavors and such? I would also like to email a picture of what I'm looking for, do you think it will be a problem? I would prefer to keep our reservations the way they are but I also don't want a terrible cake. Not sure what the best option is. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
I've never heard of anyone getting a terrible cake at the GF. I think it's just that the process can be trickier there for some. Others report having no problem getting exactly what they want, so maybe you'll have a smooth experience too!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #1075
AllThingsFigment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo

I've never heard of anyone getting a terrible cake at the GF. I think it's just that the process can be trickier there for some. Others report having no problem getting exactly what they want, so maybe you'll have a smooth experience too!
I'm happy to hear that! I think I may have just misread some of the posts or possibly gotten the cakes/bakeries mixed up. Once it gets closer to our trip I'll have to call and see how it goes. If I'm not able to email a photo or if she pushes the basic cake I can always order a mini wedding cake for our meal at the Grand Floridian instead (since i'll know what to expect for one of those) and save the more elaborate cake for later in the week. We have a meal in magic kingdom and from what I've read it sounds like the pastry chef at the contemporary is usually much easier to work with for custom cake orders. I'm sure they are both great though.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #1076
baler31
DIS Veteran

I need an opinion. I really don't want to order a 10 inch cake for our NYE fireworks cruise. We have 9 people to serve, 2 are kids (10 and 13). I do not want any leftover cake to deal with/feel bad about wasting.

Should I just order the 8 inch ? Or just get the 10" and leave leftovers for captain/deckhand and not worry about it ?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #1077
lurkyloo

Order the 8-inch. Disney waaaay underestimates the number of people its cakes will feed. I've had trouble demolishing even half of a 6-inch cake with 4-6 people before.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #1078
JJBeans
Earning My Ears

Hi!

It was made by Chef Matt and the decorator was Sandy I think. It was $80! I could not have been happier with it and with them! The cake was not huge, I didn't want it to be, it was about 8-9 inches across. It was PERFECT!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #1079
lurkyloo

Wow—that is a great price for a shaped cake. Thanks again for posting!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #1080
GrandmaDeb
Earning My Ears

Mad hatter cake

We need a cake for the 9 year old granddaughter. FYI, I was just quoted the price on these. 250.00 for 1 tier, 400.00 for two. Seriously? We are going to plan B!!
2009 - Saratoga Springs, Kidani Village
2010 - Bay Lake Tower
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: