Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #916
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I was thinking the same thing with the fondant. I think you are right about the castle, the dimension would be nice. Now, this is how it work, you call the number listed above, speak to a CM describe what you would like and then I can email them the design and get a quote from a pastry chef? I just want to make sure I do it right! Thanks
Here's the picture I was thinking of. I think I'd go with a deeper blue though, but not as deep as navy.

There's just something about the photo props that I don't like, they just seem kind of cheapy looking, but that's just me, and I really don't mean to offend anyone. I know sometimes there just aren't any other options. I think the white chocolate castle would be a lot classier looking.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #917
FirstTripEver
Mouseketeer

I've never posted a picture before, but I thought I'd give it a try! I could NOT believe the quote for the $500 cake! Above is a picture of a cake I had made for my mom for her birthday a few years ago. It was NOT at Disney, but a local bakery made it for me for $50. The entire teacup was made from gumpaste. It was beautiful and reminded me of the request you sent to Pat! Good Luck!

Last edited by FirstTripEver; 10-17-2012 at 07:40 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #918
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
I would say with 99.9% confidence the answer will be no. But you can always ask. I have never seen that happen. I'm sure it's too hard for the people in the costumes to hold a cake because of the limited vision they have in the costume and the lack of dexterity with the gloves.
Oh well. I would be really upset if she dropped my cake
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #919
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

Flavor

I just got a fondant covered cake in the form of minnie with chocolate buttercream yellow cake and chocolate buttercream is that to plain? My daughter is turning 3? We are leaving in 7 days and I want her cake to be perfect.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #920
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTripEver View Post

I've never posted a picture before, but I thought I'd give it a try! I could NOT believe the quote for the $500 cake! Above is a picture of a cake I had made for my mom for her birthday a few years ago. It was NOT at Disney, but a local bakery made it for me for $50. The entire teacup was made from gumpaste. It was beautiful and reminded me of the request you sent to Pat! Good Luck!
Oh my Gosh, that's so pretty!! I would have just liked the top part on a platter!! I'm just going with the white chocolate slipper dessert, I have too much going on, getting ready for the trip, to bother going back and forth with Pat....who obviously was just discouraging me. Just not worth it!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #921
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine31523 View Post
I just got a fondant covered cake in the form of minnie with chocolate buttercream yellow cake and chocolate buttercream is that to plain? My daughter is turning 3? We are leaving in 7 days and I want her cake to be perfect.
She's 3... she'll LOVE it!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #922
Roma
Mouseketeer

I'm ordering a mini cake from the Contemporary as a surprise for my DH at our anniversary dinner at the Cali Grill. We were married on 11/11/11 and I'd love to think up a cute anniversary saying to go along with the 11/11/11 theme to put on the plate. Do any of you talented cake people have any ideas?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #923
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Here's the picture I was thinking of. I think I'd go with a deeper blue though, but not as deep as navy.

There's just something about the photo props that I don't like, they just seem kind of cheapy looking, but that's just me, and I really don't mean to offend anyone. I know sometimes there just aren't any other options. I think the white chocolate castle would be a lot classier looking.
Ok I am officially sold on the white chocolate castle! Thanks for finding this picture. It will be good to have the extra reference! Well, if all goes as planned I will make sure I post a picture and price here from our Decemeber trip.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #924
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

[
Old 10-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #925
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

Thanks I will be sure to post a picture of our cake! Once we get home. We leave in 6 days!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #926
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
I would say with 99.9% confidence the answer will be no. But you can always ask. I have never seen that happen. I'm sure it's too hard for the people in the costumes to hold a cake because of the limited vision they have in the costume and the lack of dexterity with the gloves.
I'm fairly sure the characters aren't allowed to bring cakes out. I know at CRT they're not allowed. If one person had a cake delivered by Snow White, Mickey, Tigger, then everyone would.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 10-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #927
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

wrong one.... let me try again.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #928
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post

IF you are talking the large white chocolate castle I believe that is $100 on its own. And the little one is VERY small. So not sure what the budget was but money wise I don't think the castle would be advisable for a 6-8 inch cake. Actually I think the larger castle requires at least an 8 inch.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #929
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaildmoody

IF you are talking the large white chocolate castle I believe that is $100 on its own. And the little one is VERY small. So not sure what the budget was but money wise I don't think the castle would be advisable for a 6-8 inch cake. Actually I think the larger castle requires at least an 8 inch.
I thought I saw the smaller one and it looked good in size to me - we are looking for a small cake anyway. I hope to call by the end of next week so I will make it a point to find out what details I can. Thanks I do like my husband a lot but I think I can find a better way to spend $100 than on white chocolate!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #930
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I thought I saw the smaller one and it looked good in size to me - we are looking for a small cake anyway. I hope to call by the end of next week so I will make it a point to find out what details I can. Thanks I do like my husband a lot but I think I can find a better way to spend $100 than on white chocolate!
There is a smaller one but it is for the small cakes that feed 1-2 people... typically on the mini wedding cakes.
This was mine just a month ago....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: