Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #796
SnowWitch
DIS Veteran

Anna's 7th Birthday @ Flying Fish

Really great experience, we love Flying Fish and they really went out of their way to make Anna feel special. As far as the ordering process, once I got in touch with Jesse, she was wonderful. When discussing the cake, she offered an 8 in in place of the 10 since we only had 4 in our party. Anna chose chocolate on chocolate and a Rapunzel theme. You will note the buttercream was not chocolate, I did not even mention due to the over the top service we recieved. The cake was okay but that may have been the flavor choice but the girls loved it. It was $100 before tax and tip. Would not hesitate to order again!

Last edited by SnowWitch; 09-23-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #797
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Great cake! I'm so glad it worked out for you despite the communication problems.

Last edited by lurkyloo; 09-24-2012 at 01:45 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #798
donna6635
Mouseketeer

Thanks Lurkyloo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Post #2 of this thread (under Epcot) lists the cake options for Tutto Italia and Via Napoli.
Thanks for the help....better than trying to go through the whole thread....I subscribed to it sooooo long ago!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #799
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
Hello Everyone,

I could spend all day looking at all these amazing Cake Pictures!

I am hoping for some recommendations here.

We will have lunch at CRT on my Daughter's 8th Birthday.

There will only be three of us, my Daughter, my Mom and myself. We will spend the entire day at the MK.

Any recommendations for what type of Birthday Cake or Dessert we can get for just the three of us? Or, another idea to keep things relatively simple, yet special?

While I do not want to go "Over the Top", I still would love to create a little magic for her.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Catrin
We were just there one week ago tonight, for my 2 girls I got them each the slipper dessert OMG it was good, and they both received a crown once we sat down. For 2 crowns and 2 desserts $60 with the tip for the 4 of us I paid $80 Well Worth IT
Old 09-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #800
stephie1012
DIS Veteran

booked the royal highness package for DD on 9/30. Last time we did an 8inch cake and it was just way too much and we wasted most of it. Instead of the cake we are doing a dark chocolate slipper with no fruit (allergy) and they will have a balloon at the table and pixie dust then she will be presented with a tiara. I was quoted $42.50 plus tax and gratuity. Emailing the addy i found here worked well and it was booked in a day.
February 2010-CBR
February 2011-offsite Star Island
Sept/Oct 2012 AoA
Old 09-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #801
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie1012
booked the royal highness package for DD on 9/30. Last time we did an 8inch cake and it was just way too much and we wasted most of it. Instead of the cake we are doing a dark chocolate slipper with no fruit (allergy) and they will have a balloon at the table and pixie dust then she will be presented with a tiara. I was quoted $42.50 plus tax and gratuity. Emailing the addy i found here worked well and it was booked in a day.
How many people did you have in your party last time? We will have 8 people (including 2 children) and I was going to upgrade to a 10 inch.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #802
lurkyloo

Not to butt in, but an 8-inch cake is plenty for 8 adults and more than enough when it's 6 adults and 2 kids.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #803
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I've still not ordered a cake LOL.....I'm so indecisive. Anyhow....can we get a cake delivered to Boma? And has anyone done something as simple as making a cake that looks like those M&M cups at DTD Goofy's Candy Company? Wonder if they could do that.....or again if it's just not really a matter of simple cake versus difficult cake but more on what they have to work with (not having M&Ms for cakes...etc).

Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #804
stephie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205

How many people did you have in your party last time? We will have 8 people (including 2 children) and I was going to upgrade to a 10 inch.
We had 4 adults and 3 kids. We didn't even finish half of it.
February 2010-CBR
February 2011-offsite Star Island
Sept/Oct 2012 AoA
Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #805
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

I have 2 questions I hope maybe someone here can help me with.

First one, we celebrated DD's 16th birthday with a party at the Grand Floridian, and we had this cake..

It was a Chocolate Cake with a Bailey's Mousse Filling, with Buttercream and Fondant to finish.

Now we are about to celebrate her 21st birthday, and I would LOVE to surprise her with a mini-version of this!! Doesn't even have to have the fondant, just something simple, as it was pretty much the choc cake and Bailey's mousse combo that she fell in love with!

The thing is, this time we are staying at the BWI, and have no plans to go over to GF at all. I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to get something like this from there. Any idea?

Second one, we are staying our first night there at AoA ,on the night that happens to also be my DS's Birthday!! (They are exactly one week apart!) I would like to order him a cake as well..maybe Halloween or Haunted Mansion themed?? As long as it's all chocolate he really doesn't care WHAT it looks like! Where do I go for an AoA cake?

TIA
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #806
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
I've still not ordered a cake LOL.....I'm so indecisive. Anyhow....can we get a cake delivered to Boma? And has anyone done something as simple as making a cake that looks like those M&M cups at DTD Goofy's Candy Company? Wonder if they could do that.....or again if it's just not really a matter of simple cake versus difficult cake but more on what they have to work with (not having M&Ms for cakes...etc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
I have 2 questions I hope maybe someone here can help me with.

The thing is, this time we are staying at the BWI, and have no plans to go over to GF at all. I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to get something like this from there. Any idea?

Second one, we are staying our first night there at AoA ,on the night that happens to also be my DS's Birthday!! (They are exactly one week apart!) I would like to order him a cake as well..maybe Halloween or Haunted Mansion themed?? As long as it's all chocolate he really doesn't care WHAT it looks like! Where do I go for an AoA cake?

Check out the comprehensive info in posts 1 & 2 of this thread!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #807
Babette01
Earning My Ears

I am so overwhelmed! HELP! I have read and reread and researched and I am so indecisive. A little background for you so you can give me your cake experience and advice...We are a family of five returning to Disney World for the first time this Christmas after a 5 year hiatus (had to pay for two sons in college at the same time...don't ask who planned that one) anyway...here is the plan. Middle son will turn 23 on December 20th and we will be eating at the Yachtsman Steakhouse before taking a Birthday Cruise to hopefully view Illuminations (weather permitting). I want to get him a special cake and I am not sure whether to have it after dinner at the Yachtsman or on the cruise. Would I order the cake from the Yachtsman or from the Boardwalk Inn where we are staying and...for a 23 year old Civil/Environmental/Computer Engineer who favors Jack Skellington/Star Wars/Stitch...What do I do...Pass...Ball is in your court. Please help this confused mom come up with something truly memorable for all. Thanks so much and sorry for the ramble...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #808
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

We are still at the World, but I wanted to say thank you again for all of the help this thread was in ordering my cake! We had our 1st dinner at Chef Mickey's Saturday evening and Chef Brian did not disappoint! I can't wait to get home (okay, really I can wait) and post pictures!

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #809
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Planning our first family trip to disney!!!Planning 9 days and ds will turn 11We are going in May for star wars weekend(we are a family of 4) so we would love to have a star wars cake at sci-fi, is that possible?We are planning meals at chef mickey,ohana,CRT,coral reef, of course this depends on getting the reservations
Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #810
sexyravenfan
Steamed Crabs, O's, and Natty Bohs

So question...Why can't i just order an 8" chocolate cake with vanilla frosting? Why does it have to be chocolate with chocolate and vanilla with vanilla?

October 2012-POR
August 2010-POR
August 2008-POR
July 2005-POR
July 2002-POR
June 1998-DxL
June 1994-DxL
September 1990-FW

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: