Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #751
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KY
Posts: 151

Could someone PM Chef Brian's email address to me? I need to get a quote for a cake from him. We will be at the World next weekend and I'm such a procrastinator! Is it too late or order a cake for the 22nd?
VeronicaB is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #752
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaB
Could someone PM Chef Brian's email address to me? I need to get a quote for a cake from him. We will be at the World next weekend and I'm such a procrastinator! Is it too late or order a cake for the 22nd?
If you call the number below and request Chef Brian's email address they will gladly give it to you.

Contemporary Resort* — 407-824-2955
mrsksomeday is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #753
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peterborough, Uk
Posts: 2,455

thanks for posting - I want to order something similar for our trip in October. Can I ask if you are having either cake delivered to your room or which restaurant or if collecting from Boardwalk Bakery?

Thanks as we will be staying at the BC.

Sorry meant to quote the pics of the mini anniversary cakes at Boardwalk and Y&B
__________________
Me DH DS (16) DD (12)
10/2003 CSR 10/2007 CSR/ST PETE'S/GF 02/2009 CSR10/2009 CSR 10/2010 CSR 10/2011 AKL 10/2012 BC



Last edited by chocolateMinnie; 09-15-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: missed out quote
chocolateMinnie is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #754
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC
 
shadowryter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rutland, MA
Posts: 5,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
thanks for posting - I want to order something similar for our trip in October. Can I ask if you are having either cake delivered to your room or which restaurant or if collecting from Boardwalk Bakery?

Thanks as we will be staying at the BC.

Sorry meant to quote the pics of the mini anniversary cakes at Boardwalk and Y&B
I called the Yacht & Beach Club private dining and asked for the pastry chef's email. I worked with Yvette via email and phone and ordered a 2 tiered mini cake for our 23rd ann. I posted my Photoshop image a few posts back. She was great to deal with. Very sweet actually. She also replied to my email with the hour
shadowryter is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #755
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!
 
TiggerTrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 100 Acre Wood
Posts: 1,837

Stamps?

I'm sure the majority of us have seen the stamps used to decorate various cakes like the Mickey delight and the Mickey wave (or whatever the proper names are for the designs). I was wondering if anyone knew what stamp options are out there.

I've seen the basic mouse ears, the Mickey face, the Donald face, and Tinkerbell... as well as generic stars. I think I've seen Minnie but I'm not 100%. Are there any other character stamps you've seen?

It's driving me nuts, but I just can't seem to come up with a cake design I love this time. I think I'm on my 20th design concept (6th character base) and it's driving me up a wall. I may just stick with the basic mouse ears IF I stick with this concept, but if there are a ton of character options- I may push this a bit farther.
__________________
DHME DD7DD6Daisy Doggy
Plotting a trip to DLR for 2015 and prepping for the Princess Half in 2016!!!
TiggerTrigger is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #756
sirmajik
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2

Question Rapunzel cake

Has anyone seen or have a picture of a fondant rapunzel cake? I just ordered one from the Grand Floridian for my daughter's birthday. The lady on the phone said it would have a tower, vines, etc. but a picture would be really helpful.
sirmajik is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #757
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peterborough, Uk
Posts: 2,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
I called the Yacht & Beach Club private dining and asked for the pastry chef's email. I worked with Yvette via email and phone and ordered a 2 tiered mini cake for our 23rd ann. I posted my Photoshop image a few posts back. She was great to deal with. Very sweet actually. She also replied to my email with the hour
thanks that's really helpful
__________________
Me DH DS (16) DD (12)
10/2003 CSR 10/2007 CSR/ST PETE'S/GF 02/2009 CSR10/2009 CSR 10/2010 CSR 10/2011 AKL 10/2012 BC


chocolateMinnie is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #758
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!
 
jcemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: too far from WDW
Posts: 8,486

I just ordered a mini cake from the Contemporary to be delivered to our Crystal Palace breakfast on the 27th...vanilla, frosted in pink with white polka dots, and with Minnie ears on top, if they can make them (the nice lady who answered the phone wasn't sure if they made only Mickey ears, or if they could do Minnie also, so she put a request for Minnie ears). If they can't do the small Minnie ears then we'll just get Mickey ears. They are supposed to write "Happy Birthday Emilee" on the plate. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get what I wanted. She didn't mention the price.
__________________
Tracey


* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #759
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmajik View Post
Has anyone seen or have a picture of a fondant rapunzel cake? I just ordered one from the Grand Floridian for my daughter's birthday. The lady on the phone said it would have a tower, vines, etc. but a picture would be really helpful.
There is no standard Rapunzel cake—yours is being completely custom-made by the Grand Floridian. We'd love to see photos of what you get!
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #760
Nanabug02
Look for me in the garden, eating worms
 
Nanabug02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 865

Hi, I'm looking for help.

DH and I are staying at the Wilderness Lodge in mid November. I have a couple of questions:

1. I would like to get a 2 tier mini cake delivered to our room while we are out to dinner.... that way it is waiting for when we get back. That is possible, correct?

2. I would also like to have a few (maybe 2 or 3) chocolate covered strawberries with the mini cake.... maybe even on the same plate. I am big fan of cakes, especially Disney's. But DH is more a fan of chocolate covered strawberries. I thought it would be nice to have both as treat in our room. Will they do this?

3. To get the mini cake & chocolate covered strawberries delivered to WL, should I call Private Dining at the Contemporary?

This isn't for birthday or any celebration. I just would like to have it as a treat for ourselves. Is that silly?
__________________
Me DH Rory McKenzie
Nanabug02 is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #761
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabug02 View Post

1. I would like to get a 2 tier mini cake delivered to our room while we are out to dinner.... that way it is waiting for when we get back. That is possible, correct?
Yes, as long as you're checked in already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabug02 View Post
2. I would also like to have a few (maybe 2 or 3) chocolate covered strawberries with the mini cake.... maybe even on the same plate. I am big fan of cakes, especially Disney's. But DH is more a fan of chocolate covered strawberries. I thought it would be nice to have both as treat in our room. Will they do this?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabug02 View Post
3. To get the mini cake & chocolate covered strawberries delivered to WL, should I call Private Dining at the Contemporary?
Yes for the cake. You can get the strawberries from either the Contemporary (since they're already delivering the cake) or Wilderness Lodge. CR charges $30 for 5, while WL charges $25 for 6. I say get the strawberries from WL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabug02 View Post
This isn't for birthday or any celebration. I just would like to have it as a treat for ourselves. Is that silly?
No way! I order mini cakes for no reason just for MYSELF sometimes!
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #762
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC
 
shadowryter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rutland, MA
Posts: 5,780

I emailed Chef Brian on September 11th and didn't hear back. I wasn't concerned but was curious if the email I saved from 2010 was still working. I called Contemporary PD and was given a differerent address so I sent another email to him on Friday. Wouldn't you know I typed it wrong and it bounced back.I tried one more time but not until later in the afternoon and to my delight I recieved a reply from him this morning telling me my cake is possible...2 tiered chocolate mini cake with white chocolate mousse filling, done in a Halloween theme with purple and orange and a black mickey ears witches hat on the top. Happy Halloween", written on the plate. All 3 cakes from 3 different bakeries have been ordered. I can't wait and will confirm my orders a couple of days out.And just a note...on Brian's email it was noted at the bottom his hours...
Thursday-Monday 7am-330pm
Days off Tuesday/Wednesday
shadowryter is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #763
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!
 
Anna114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter
I emailed Chef Brian on September 11th and didn't hear back. I wasn't concerned but was curious if the email I saved from 2010 was still working. I called Contemporary PD and was given a differerent address so I sent another email to him on Friday. Wouldn't you know I typed it wrong and it bounced back.I tried one more time but not until later in the afternoon and to my delight I recieved a reply from him this morning telling me my cake is possible...2 tiered chocolate mini cake with white chocolate mousse filling, done in a Halloween theme with purple and orange and a black mickey ears witches hat on the top. Happy Halloween", written on the plate. All 3 cakes from 3 different bakeries have been ordered. I can't wait and will confirm my orders a couple of days out.And just a note...on Brian's email it was noted at the bottom his hours...
Thursday-Monday 7am-330pm
Days off Tuesday/Wednesday
I don't suppose you could share his email? I plan on ordering a couple of cakes for next August.
__________________
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL10/2015 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!


Anna114 is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #764
Nanabug02
Look for me in the garden, eating worms
 
Nanabug02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 865

Thank you Lurkyloo! You are awesomesauce!
__________________
Me DH Rory McKenzie
Nanabug02 is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #765
sexyravenfan
Steamed Crabs, O's, and Natty Bohs
 
sexyravenfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 320

Do they make the anniversary mini cake at Boardwalk Bakery? Am i able to get any mickey/minnie on top of it? I have to order it sometime soon and would like a general idea before i call. I know I want a mini cake but I am unsure if they have a specific anniversary one.
__________________
GO RAVENS!

October 2012-POR
August 2010-POR
August 2008-POR
July 2005-POR
July 2002-POR
June 1998-DxL
June 1994-DxL
September 1990-FW

sexyravenfan is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: