Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #676
aheape1979
Mom of 2 princesses!

Ideas?
We are surprising my husband with a Bday cake at 1900 Park Fare in 3 weeks. My 5 year old wants a frog on it, my 7 year old wants Prince Charming. I was thinking of a fondant covered cake with a swamp scene/frog at the bottom, and a prince charming somewhere. It would say "Happy Birthday to our Prince Charming!". Do you have any more ideas of wha I could do?
Christmas 1987- offsite, a few 1-day trips during childhood, 6/2001-1st Anniversary POR, 9/2008- POFQ, 9/2009- 12 Days CSR!!, 12/2009- CSR, 5/2010- 10th Anniversary Poly!, 9/2010- Poly again!, 12/11- Girls' weekend at Wilderness Lodge

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/0f6chz1qe9z98yfz.png[/img]

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/jqpgu9epdnlmkgso.png[/img]

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/ljjbn6pt0zua6hr6.png[/img]

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/am7p9zcch5pku8pl.png[/img]
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #677
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheape1979 View Post
Ideas?
We are surprising my husband with a Bday cake at 1900 Park Fare in 3 weeks. My 5 year old wants a frog on it, my 7 year old wants Prince Charming. I was thinking of a fondant covered cake with a swamp scene/frog at the bottom, and a prince charming somewhere. It would say "Happy Birthday to our Prince Charming!". Do you have any more ideas of wha I could do?
id be very interested in hearing what u come up with and what the cakes like as we ll be celebrating dh s 40th at 1900pk and as he is french the theme was going to be either beauty and the beast , or a frog, prob from the princess and the frog

ty
tracy
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #678
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamatoKandH View Post
Does anyone have any good ideas for a Sleeping Beauty cake? I have seen other princess ones, but not a lot for SB. I was thinking pink icing, of course, with a quilted appearance like a pillow. And maybe her simple gold crown on top with a 5 where the jewel would go. DD will be 5.

If anyone has any other suggestions or good photos, I'd love to hear/see them. Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
You could see if they could do half blue/ half pink icing for Sleeping Beauty's dress (since the faeries couldn't decide the colour of her dress!)
You could even elaborate on this further. You could have an edible image of Flora on the pink side waving her wand to "make it pink," Merriweather on the blue side to "make it blue," and Fauna stuck in the middle. You might even see if they're able to gradually marble the middle area so you get a blending of pink and blue. On the top...they should be able to sculpt an edible version of Aurora's crown (hers should be fairly easy to make out of all the crowns) and you could have a stand up 2d edible image of Aurora on white chocolate standing in the center of the crown. Since she's also "Briar Rose" - you could have a variety of pink and red roses going around the base of the cake and/or at the far edges of the crown.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #679
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Ideas?
Ok- in working with the swamp concept...I think you could have the fondant a marbled green (i.e. medium & dark green...maybe even a bit of brown and light green for subtle but greater depth)...then you could add the edible image of the swamp around the outer edge of the cake on the marbled green. On the top of the cake...you could have a circular or random form area of blue (possibly with luster dust to give it a shimmering water look) with a 3D edible sculpted frog sitting in the middle on a lilypad. The frog would be wearing a gold crown...i.e. he's the frog prince who becomes prince charming. You could also have them add other greenery behind the "pond" and frog to create greater depth to the scene. i.e. trees, cattails, vines, etc. Alternately, instead of foliage and instead of having the swamp image on the cake...you could have them do the swamp image on a large concave piece of white chocolate so that it functions as the backdrop for the frog. Then you could have your bday msg written on the side of the cake rather than on a piece of white chocolate like a lot of people do.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #680
aheape1979
Mom of 2 princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTrigger

Ok- in working with the swamp concept...I think you could have the fondant a marbled green (i.e. medium & dark green...maybe even a bit of brown and light green for subtle but greater depth)...then you could add the edible image of the swamp around the outer edge of the cake on the marbled green. On the top of the cake...you could have a circular or random form area of blue (possibly with luster dust to give it a shimmering water look) with a 3D edible sculpted frog sitting in the middle on a lilypad. The frog would be wearing a gold crown...i.e. he's the frog prince who becomes prince charming. You could also have them add other greenery behind the "pond" and frog to create greater depth to the scene. i.e. trees, cattails, vines, etc. Alternately, instead of foliage and instead of having the swamp image on the cake...you could have them do the swamp image on a large concave piece of white chocolate so that it functions as the backdrop for the frog. Then you could have your bday msg written on the side of the cake rather than on a piece of white chocolate like a lot of people do.
Thanks! Great ideas!
Christmas 1987- offsite, a few 1-day trips during childhood, 6/2001-1st Anniversary POR, 9/2008- POFQ, 9/2009- 12 Days CSR!!, 12/2009- CSR, 5/2010- 10th Anniversary Poly!, 9/2010- Poly again!, 12/11- Girls' weekend at Wilderness Lodge

Old 09-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #681
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say thank you to lurkyloo and others on the thread for the helpful information....I had some great emails going back and forth between Chef Brian and have since called to place my order for a mini cake ...

It will be a camouflage fondant covered vanilla mini cake with a the deer made of an edible image backed in white choc standing up next to the cake. On the plate it will be written in chocolate "Happy Anniversary Deer"

I was quoted $60 for the cake - which I didnt think was too bad at all and it will be delivered to us on 9/14 at Tony's Town Square...

I cant wait to see DH's reaction he is going to LOVE it...I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as it comes to the table!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #682
aheape1979
Mom of 2 princesses!

Thanks to all for great photos and info! I spoke to Pat today, and ordered my husband's 35th birthday cake fir 1900 PF on Sept 21. It is a 6 in 3 layer chocolate cake with amaretto filling. It will be covered in fondant and will have a swamp like appearance, with vines and cattails. There will be a pond, with a hand sculpted frog wearing a gold crown. The banner will say "Happy Birthday to our Prince Charming!". Pat quoted me $125. Does that sound about right? Also, can I use my TIW?

Old 09-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #683
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Just wanted to say thank you to lurkyloo and others on the thread for the helpful information....I had some great emails going back and forth between Chef Brian and have since called to place my order for a mini cake ...
Yay! Can't wait to see it!

Quote:
Thanks to all for great photos and info! I spoke to Pat today, and ordered my husband's 35th birthday cake fir 1900 PF on Sept 21. It is a 6 in 3 layer chocolate cake with amaretto filling. It will be covered in fondant and will have a swamp like appearance, with vines and cattails. There will be a pond, with a hand sculpted frog wearing a gold crown. The banner will say "Happy Birthday to our Prince Charming!". Pat quoted me $125. Does that sound about right? Also, can I use my TIW?
That's a typical price. You can use your Tables in Wonderland card, but it will trigger an 18% gratuity on the price of the cake, so you'll only be saving 2%.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #684
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Just found out we've been upgraded to a club level room - should I ask them for help with a cake, or is that something they do? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for any help!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #685
Vicky24
Earning My Ears

Is it possible to get a cake at Shulas at the swan and dolphin?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #686
rcepek
Hoping to go!

Mini cakes

Are the mini cakes $30.00 if you choose something plain without fondant? I wanted to get one with a stand up choc screenprint princess.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #687
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Chef Brian's email

I had a beautiful anniversary cake made by Chef Brian in December 2010. Could anyone tell me if the email address I saved would be the same today? TIA.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #688
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

I'm trying to decide if I should get a standard podium cake for my daughter's 5th birthday at the Wave, or a custom cake. There will only be 5 of us. Her favorite princess right now is Merida (she's getting a Merida dress for her birthday). Has anyone had a Merida/Brave themed cake done? How about cakes from the Contemporary? A few years ago I ordered a custom cake from the Grand and it was fantastic - worth every penny!
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Old 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #689
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Just found out we've been upgraded to a club level room - should I ask them for help with a cake, or is that something they do? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for any help!
That is something they can help you with but, personally, I always prefer to deal directly with the chef/Private Dining myself just so I can be sure to get what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky24 View Post
Is it possible to get a cake at Shulas at the swan and dolphin?
You'd need to call them directly to see what the options are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcepek View Post
Are the mini cakes $30.00 if you choose something plain without fondant? I wanted to get one with a stand up choc screenprint princess.
Buttercream can be cheaper than fondant, but a screen print adds to the cost. Every cake is custom-quoted, so you'll really need to contact Private Dining to find out an exact price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
I had a beautiful anniversary cake made by Chef Brian in December 2010. Could anyone tell me if the email address I saved would be the same today? TIA.
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
I'm trying to decide if I should get a standard podium cake for my daughter's 5th birthday at the Wave, or a custom cake. There will only be 5 of us. Her favorite princess right now is Merida (she's getting a Merida dress for her birthday). Has anyone had a Merida/Brave themed cake done? How about cakes from the Contemporary? A few years ago I ordered a custom cake from the Grand and it was fantastic - worth every penny!
I haven't seen a Merida/Brave-themed cake yet, so maybe you can be our guinea pig! Many people on this thread have had great experiences ordering cakes from the Contemporary. Just be sure you get the email address for the pastry chef from Private Dining if you do decide to go the custom route. That way you can work directly with him to create what you have in mind.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #690
amw
need a new tag

Chef Mickey's Contemporary
August 2012
6-inch, gluten-free vanilla cake with berry filling
decorated for 50th wedding anniversary
$78 plus tax & tip

My mother really enjoyed this as she needed gluten-free and most restaurants were giving chocolate brownies as desserts ... she doesn't like chocolate Left the filling choice to Chef Brian - the berry filling balanced the "heaviness" of the gluten-free cake perfectly.

Had a group of 15 -- only 8 adults had a piece (saving rest for Grandma's leftovers) and still had half the cake left.

WDW, March 2015 - CSR
WDW, March 2014 - POR
WDW, March 2013 - Swan
WDW, August 2012 - Beach Club Grand Gathering
DLR, August 2011 - Sheraton Anaheim
WDW, March 2011 - Marriott Sabal Palms
WDW, March 2010 - POFQ & Hilton Clearwater
WDW, Feb 2009 - Poly - a Disney pin sucked me in!
WDW, April 2008 - Bonnet Creek Resort
DLR, March 2007 - Hyatt - First trip ever to DL!
WDW, Sept 2005 - Cypress Pointe
WDW, Nov 2003 - HIFS - First trip with my princesses!
WDW, Nov 1998 - Grosvenor
WDW, Aug 1980 - Fort Wilderness
WDW, Aug 1974 - Fort Wilderness - Toddling my way through MK!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: