Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #661
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

Hi
we are staying at beach club resort and want a cake for our cape may dinner in a few months where do I call to order a cake ??
whats the smallest ( we will be 4 adults and a toddler ) I want to order a Tangled cake ..any pictures of cake done with that theme ?? thanks
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #662
tinkerbell20
Mouseketeer

Pirate/Princess Cupcake chest

Does anyone know if these are still available? It's was a little cake in a pirate chest with a mickey flag and little compass available at certain restaurants.

Thanks!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #663
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcepek View Post
Wow; would the size be about the same as a mini cake? Just enough to feed one?

You guys are awesome...thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Here's a picture I found on the Internets. The cake beside it should give you a general idea of the size of the Mickey head cake.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #664
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 mickey View Post
Hi
we are staying at beach club resort and want a cake for our cape may dinner in a few months where do I call to order a cake ??
whats the smallest ( we will be 4 adults and a toddler )
All the info you need is in Posts #1 and #2 of this thread. And here is a link to the only Tangled cake I've seen in these Cake threads: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2640

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell20 View Post
Does anyone know if these are still available? It's was a little cake in a pirate chest with a mickey flag and little compass available at certain restaurants.

Unfortunately, these are no longer offered.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #665
DisneyFanJon
Mouseketeer

I see that Port Orleans Riverside uses Boardwalk Bakery, does anyone here have any experience of whether it is possible to get delivery to your room at POR? I would ring the phoneline but being in the UK and all its a bit expensive ringing if I don't get right through, and hopefully someone here can say We arrive 22/09 and the cake would be for 03/10 so I figure that is enough time if I order on 23/09 - thinking that before we arrive would be a pain as don't know the room details until we check in.

By looking at the various posts, it looks like 8" is a must if you want anything character wise.

* Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007 * Port Orleans Riverside 2010 * Port OrleansRiverside 2012
* MNNSHP September 2010 * September 2012 * October 2012 *
Old 08-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #666
tinkerbell20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
All the info you need is in Posts #1 and #2 of this thread. And here is a link to the only Tangled cake I've seen in these Cake threads: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2640

Unfortunately, these are no longer offered.

Thanks for letting me know! I really liked them. Oh well, we'll have to try something new then!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #667
Sara1Babe
Mouseketeer

Hey yall! I've been back from the World a little over a week but have yet to get my photos from the computer to the internet so I can post.

We ordered from Beach Club to be delivered at Cape May. I was very pleased with the innards of the cake (moist flavorful chocolate cake, rich creamy white chocolate filling, yummy butter cream)

The outside was somewhere btw ok and good. My disappointment is because there was a delta btw what I expected (asked for) and what was delivered. The biggest issue being it said "Happy Birthday Terry" my husband's name is Jerry and we went over that more than once.

In the end my husband was blown away and very happy with the cake and since he was the birthday boy that's all that mattered. I'll post photos later

Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #668
Jozymouse
Disney Character Fanatic

Hello!

I am planning to order a mini caslte cake for my parents wedding anniversary at Narcosssees. But the thing is, i will not be travelling with my parents. Is there a way i could pre pay for the cake? I would hate for my parents to end up having to pay for it! I will give them $200 disney gift card to pay for the meal but would really like to pay the cake in advance. Please let me know if its possible? Thanks alot!
First trip to WDW in 1981, then..1983, 1986, 1988, 1989 (DLR), 1990, 1991, 1992 (WDW & DLR), 1993, 1994 (DLR), 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, Feb-Oct-Dec 2007, Feb 2008, Aug 2008 (DLR), July 2009, Oct 2009, Jan 2010 (DLR), March 2010, Sept 2010, Feb 2011,Aug 2011, May 2012 & Dec 2012, March 2014 (DLP), May 2014 SWW!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #669
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo
You do have to be checked in for them to deliver it, but they seemed pretty flexible on the time when I ordered mine for AOA room delivery. I want mine to show up just before I get back from IllumiNations, and they had no problem setting the delivery time for 9pm.
Thanks for your help I just ordered it today through a very nice lady who after a couple days of phone tag!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #670
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanJon View Post
I see that Port Orleans Riverside uses Boardwalk Bakery, does anyone here have any experience of whether it is possible to get delivery to your room at POR?
I have a friend in the UK who was recently able to do this, but she ended up having to call Boatwright's Dining Hall to get in touch with a real person. For some reason, the number the Cake Hotline directs you to is never answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozymouse View Post
Hello!

I am planning to order a mini caslte cake for my parents wedding anniversary at Narcosssees. But the thing is, i will not be travelling with my parents. Is there a way i could pre pay for the cake? I would hate for my parents to end up having to pay for it! I will give them $200 disney gift card to pay for the meal but would really like to pay the cake in advance. Please let me know if its possible? Thanks alot!
You can try doing it when you order the cake, but it's a crapshoot. Sometimes they charge your card beforehand, sometimes they bill you with dinner. Maybe if you stressed the importance of paying beforehand they'd make sure it happened....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
Thanks for your help I just ordered it today through a very nice lady who after a couple days of phone tag!
Yay! Can't wait to see it!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #671
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

So! Finally got my cake ordered from the contemporary to be delivered to our wishes fireworks boat cruise. I called everyday until someone else besides the guy answered as he would not have my cake delivered there!
Anyway! I'm very happy I finally got through.
So all she did was take my conformation number for the boat cruise and the date and my name and she didn't give me a confirmation number for my cake. Is that normal? And do I just pay them when they deliver it? She said my credit card is just on file incase we aren't there?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #672
CrunchyMamatoKandH
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any good ideas for a Sleeping Beauty cake? I have seen other princess ones, but not a lot for SB. I was thinking pink icing, of course, with a quilted appearance like a pillow. And maybe her simple gold crown on top with a 5 where the jewel would go. DD will be 5.

If anyone has any other suggestions or good photos, I'd love to hear/see them. Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #673
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamatoKandH View Post
Does anyone have any good ideas for a Sleeping Beauty cake? I have seen other princess ones, but not a lot for SB. I was thinking pink icing, of course, with a quilted appearance like a pillow. And maybe her simple gold crown on top with a 5 where the jewel would go. DD will be 5.

If anyone has any other suggestions or good photos, I'd love to hear/see them. Thanks!!
You could see if they could do half blue/ half pink icing for Sleeping Beauty's dress (since the faeries couldn't decide the colour of her dress!)

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #674
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleoftheballl View Post
So! Finally got my cake ordered from the contemporary to be delivered to our wishes fireworks boat cruise. I called everyday until someone else besides the guy answered as he would not have my cake delivered there!
Anyway! I'm very happy I finally got through.
So all she did was take my conformation number for the boat cruise and the date and my name and she didn't give me a confirmation number for my cake. Is that normal? And do I just pay them when they deliver it? She said my credit card is just on file incase we aren't there?
Glad you got it sorted out! They never give confirmation numbers for cakes. I've never had a cake delivered to a cruise, but I can't imagine they make you whip out your credit card right then and there. What if the cake arrives before you do? I'll bet they just charge it that day using the number on file.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #675
CrunchyMamatoKandH
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
You could see if they could do half blue/ half pink icing for Sleeping Beauty's dress (since the faeries couldn't decide the colour of her dress!)
That's a great idea! And it would look cool, too. Thanks!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: