Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #631
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo

I dunno who this guy is who's been answering the phones at Contemporary Private Dining lately, but he's been confusing a lot of people on this thread.

Yes, if you do decide to order the cake for Mama Melrose, you will need to order it from a different place (Hollywood Studios' bakery). But don't let him bully you! If you want the cake delivered to a boat departing from the Contemporary, thank him for his concern and insist on placing the order anyway. It's not his place to tell you where the best place is to serve cake!
Ya you are right! I will probably call back tomorrow or something. Do you know if there is anywhere on the pontoon boats to have a cake? He made it sound like there isn't
Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #632
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Depending on the size and type of your boat, there may be a little built-in table. Otherwise, you can just put the box on a seat to cut the cake the way our captain did when we brought one aboard for IllumiNations.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #633
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Looking to order a mini cake as a suprise for DH on our first night (during dinner at Tony's in MK). I had asked for a two tier mini cake covered in camo print fodant with a deer or antler fondant on top with writing on the plate that says "Happy Anniversary Deer" - DH loves hunting if you havent guessed

I sent an email off to magickingdomcakes@disney.com and got a response fairly quickly and they are passing my request on to the bakery due to it being a custom request...not sure if ive contacted the right people...guess I will just have to wait and see if I get a response
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #634
lurkyloo

If you don't hear back, you can always use the contact info in Post #2 of this thread to reach the bakery directly.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #635
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
If you don't hear back, you can always use the contact info in Post #2 of this thread to reach the bakery directly.
Thanks!! If I dont hear in the next day or two I will try and contact them that way... do you know on avg how long it takes for them to get back to you with a response?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #636
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Your best bet for a pumpkin-shaped cake is to call Grand Floridian Private Dining and order one for delivery to Kona. Just be prepared to be told they don't do shaped cakes. They DO make them—mostly as groom's cakes—but sometimes the private dining contact makes it seem like you only have a few options... Also, the price will be VERY high compared to what you would pay at a local bakery.

Alternatively, you could order a regular cake and ask them to put fondant pumpkins on it in the shape of Mickey.
Thanks....man, I hate to hear that it'll be so expensive I have a ball pan at home and could easily make a pumpkin mickey cake.....but of course I can't do that on vacation LOL

Hmmm, maybe I'll think of something else. Thanks again for the reply.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #637
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Thanks....man, I hate to hear that it'll be so expensive I have a ball pan at home and could easily make a pumpkin mickey cake.....but of course I can't do that on vacation LOL

Hmmm, maybe I'll think of something else. Thanks again for the reply.
They can do the little squiggly mickey heads on the sides of a cake, in orange, to look like mickey pumpkins. You know the ones that are like a spiral head, and spiral ears? I've seen them on the cake thread on the side of a cake at Boardwalk Bakery. Then maybe you could get something fancy done on the top? There are those cool stand-up white chocolate things. They can make almost any character or scene. Maybe they have characters in Halloween costumes? Then they could do fall flowers and fondant pumpkins in front of and around it, or whatever.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 08-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #638
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Thanks!! If I dont hear in the next day or two I will try and contact them that way... do you know on avg how long it takes for them to get back to you with a response?
I'd give them at least a week, unless your reservation is in the next 10 days, in which case I'd bug 'em after 3 days.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #639
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Thanks jcemom I will do a search online and see if there is something cute but not overly difficult. Maybe it won't be too much if I go with the plain round cake with decorations like you suggest

Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 AM   #640
aaronandterri
We love disney!
Does that mean were ok?

hi
Im going to ring the cake hotline but wanted to see if anyone knew first.....
weve had a cake from the boardwalk bakery before and it was great.

My dd turns 4 while out there and were doing the hollywood and vine character meal for her birthday and she loves Jake and the neverland pirates, can i have a cake delivered here for her???

will they be able to make me a Jake and Izzy one?

My how they Grow~ My very own Captin Jack *
Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #641
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

We just returned on Monday night from a fabulous 10 day trip. Wanted to say thanks to all for the helpful information on this thread. I ordered two cakes on this trip. One for my oldest DD to celebrate her recent high school graduation and another for my youngest DD to celebrate her recent 14th birthday. Both cakes were beautiful and the girls loved them. If I can figure out how to post pics, I will. The only negative (and I hate to be negative) was that this past Tuesday morning, I got a phone call from Chase regarding my Disney Visa card about a transaction that someone in Orlando tried to use my card for. Luckily for me, Chase didn't put the transaction through but I had to go through the hassle of cancelling the card, etc. I'm just bummed because the only place I gave that number out to was the GF bakery for one cake and the BC club bakery for the other cake when I ordered them over the phone...didn't use that card at all for anything else. Not going to let this get the best of me though as I have ordered a cake in the past and never had this happen before. Going to try and figure out how to post the pics.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #642
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Graduation cake

The cake was really cute... hopefully I did this right...

Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #643
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

This is the cake we ordered for our kids birthdays this past March. I've been meaning to post if for several months now. We asked for a Test Track themed cake since its my kids favorite ride. The cake was wonderful!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #644
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha_PA View Post
This is the cake we ordered for our kids birthdays this past March. I've been meaning to post if for several months now. We asked for a Test Track themed cake since its my kids favorite ride. The cake was wonderful!

How cute!!!!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #645
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha_PA
That is soooo nice
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: