Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #616
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanakan View Post
Does anyone knoe how the cakes at AOA are?
Custom cakes at AOA come from the Yacht & Beach Club.... so they're as good as Yacht & Beach Club cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Hi, I have a questions.

I found out from reading Dis that there are no longer Oreo Bon Bons on the menu at Cape May for Dinner. We are gonig there on our first night to celebrate DH's big bday. I wanted to order him a plate of Bon Bons with a Happy Birthday message, but I called the number listed on the first page of this thread and there was no answer no voice mail. Do you know who I need to call? the number I tried was 407-934-3105

TIA
That's the correct number. I called just now and got through to someone in Private Dining. Maybe try again?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #617
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Custom cakes at AOA come from the Yacht & Beach Club.... so they're as good as Yacht & Beach Club cakes!

That's the correct number. I called just now and got through to someone in Private Dining. Maybe try again?
thanks, I am trying again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #618
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

I spoke with private dinning and I ordered a plate of Oreo Bon Bons with a happy bday message to my DH at Cape May for $10!!

Last edited by cantwaitvaca09; 08-21-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #619
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Wanted to share our experience...I had posted last month about getting a cake made for our DD's birthday. I decided to go with a Pirate cake after seeing pics on this thread. Our cake was quite the hit! We stayed at the Poly and dined at Kona Cafe the evening we arrived. We told the CMs at the podium that the cake was a surprise and if they could help keep it quiet and bring it out when we were finished with our entrees that would be great. Our DD was sitting with her back to the kitchen area and had no idea that my DH and I could see our server coming with the cake! She was so pleased, and we were too!

Not only did our fantastic server bring out her cake, he came back with a special birthday cupcake with a lit candle because he felt that our custom cake was too beautiful to ruin with a candle. She was so thrilled, and needless to say, the manager came over to us too when we were leaving and I told him what a great job the CMs did serving and keeping our secret until the end. He said he wanted to meet us because we were the talk of the kitchen.

Our cake was pricey, around $200, but it was eaten. We found the cake to be good, and Pat at the GF did a good job. My credit card was not charged until that night, she did warn me that she wasn't sure when the charge would hit, she said it could be before we arrive or that night, but to watch for the charge. I wouldn't lie, Pat did seem a bit loopy when I made my call, but my cake was at the restaurant when I needed it, and it did look great and taste good too.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #620
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA
My credit card was not charged until that night, she did warn me that she wasn't sure when the charge would hit, she said it could be before we arrive or that night, but to watch for the charge. I wouldn't lie, Pat did seem a bit loopy when I made my call, but my cake was at the restaurant when I needed it, and it did look great and taste good too.
Awesome cake! I have to say I had just about the same experience. We had our cake at the GFC for lunch. I was ecstatic with our Ariel cake! Pat never took my cc # at any point in the call. The filling was screwed up (even after she told me it was corrected) but what we got was amazingly delicious so didn't care one bit. The design was beautiful, way better than what I tried to come up with myself. I would give my experience a 100%. Definatly would do it again.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #621
chris4disney
Yes, I'm a Disney freak... and I'm okay with that.

Was thinking of surprising my DH with a special graduation MINI-CAKE when we have dinner at Coral Reef later this year. DH has been going to night school at ITT to get is BA in Engineering and will finish his last final exam just days before our trip!!

Anywhoo... how much have people been charged recently for a specially made mini-cake? Any suggestions on what to ask for when decorating for a 36 year old college graduate? It doesn't neccessarily need to be a cap and gown type look, but should say "congrats" or something along those lines. I just want to surpise him with a little something special to say how proud I am of all his hard work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I want to have this served to us at Coral Reef, I will need to call private dining at the Yacht and Beach Club, right?

TIA

Oct. 2013 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Dec. 2012 BCV & BWV Boardwalk View!! MVMCP, La NOUBA, Oct. 2011 BLT & BCV 10th Anniversary trip! F&W, KTTK Tour , Oct. 2010 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Sep. 2009 POP Free Dining, F&W, Oct. 2008 BCV & BWV F&W, MNSSHP, Jan. 2008 AKL Our first ADULTS ONLY trip!, Oct. 2007 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Nov. 2006 POR MVMCP, Sep. 2005 AS-Sports Free Dining , Nov. 2004 AKL Platinum Plan
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #622
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4disney View Post
Was thinking of surprising my DH with a special graduation MINI-CAKE when we have dinner at Coral Reef later this year. DH has been going to night school at ITT to get is BA in Engineering and will finish his last final exam just days before our trip!!

Anywhoo... how much have people been charged recently for a specially made mini-cake? Any suggestions on what to ask for when decorating for a 36 year old college graduate? It doesn't neccessarily need to be a cap and gown type look, but should say "congrats" or something along those lines. I just want to surpise him with a little something special to say how proud I am of all his hard work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I want to have this served to us at Coral Reef, I will need to call private dining at the Yacht and Beach Club, right?

TIA
Does he have a favorite Disney movie or ride that you can make the cake themed after?

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 08-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #623
lurkyloo

Quote:
Anywhoo... how much have people been charged recently for a specially made mini-cake?
The price really depends on where you're getting it and how much decoration you want. In general they range from $30-$45...

Quote:
Correct!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #624
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Does anyone know if they can make round cakes, like a pumpkin? We're celebrating my oldest daughters birthday at Disney in October and would love to get a pumpkin cake patterned after the pumpkin Mickeys

The only TS restaurants we're eating at are Kona (last day), Boma (first day), and then quite a few in the parks....but those would make it almost impossible to take the leftover cake back to our resort afterward.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #625
chris4disney
Yes, I'm a Disney freak... and I'm okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Does he have a favorite Disney movie or ride that you can make the cake themed after?
I was thinking about that too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The price really depends on where you're getting it and how much decoration you want. In general they range from $30-$45...

Correct!
Thanks! That price isn't bad.

Oct. 2013 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Dec. 2012 BCV & BWV Boardwalk View!! MVMCP, La NOUBA, Oct. 2011 BLT & BCV 10th Anniversary trip! F&W, KTTK Tour , Oct. 2010 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Sep. 2009 POP Free Dining, F&W, Oct. 2008 BCV & BWV F&W, MNSSHP, Jan. 2008 AKL Our first ADULTS ONLY trip!, Oct. 2007 BCV F&W, MNSSHP, Nov. 2006 POR MVMCP, Sep. 2005 AS-Sports Free Dining , Nov. 2004 AKL Platinum Plan
Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #626
Bouncin-Tigger
DVC + DIS = Expensive Habit

We ordered this 8inch cake from the boardwalk bakery for my daughter who is a finding nemo addict. We picked the cake up at the bakery and drove over to the swan and dropped it off and hd dinner at the garden grill. I called the boardwalk cake line and it was smooth from their, 3 emails with some pics and ideas and $72.09 was total cost with tax. Thanks for all the great info on this thread.

10/19-10/26 1br BLT
2014 TRIPS
5/29-6/9 1 br SSR
8/1-8/8 Art of Animation
12/13-12/21 1 br BLT

Last edited by Bouncin-Tigger; 08-21-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #627
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anywhoo... how much have people been charged recently for a specially made mini-cake?
On May 27, $40 for a specially decorated mini-cake in custom flavors ($5 of the price an upcharge for the filling I wanted). I was very pleased with it.

Pic & review: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=269

Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #628
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Does anyone know if they can make round cakes, like a pumpkin? We're celebrating my oldest daughters birthday at Disney in October and would love to get a pumpkin cake patterned after the pumpkin Mickeys

The only TS restaurants we're eating at are Kona (last day), Boma (first day), and then quite a few in the parks....but those would make it almost impossible to take the leftover cake back to our resort afterward.
Your best bet for a pumpkin-shaped cake is to call Grand Floridian Private Dining and order one for delivery to Kona. Just be prepared to be told they don't do shaped cakes. They DO make them—mostly as groom's cakes—but sometimes the private dining contact makes it seem like you only have a few options... Also, the price will be VERY high compared to what you would pay at a local bakery.

Alternatively, you could order a regular cake and ask them to put fondant pumpkins on it in the shape of Mickey.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #629
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

We are eatin at mama melrose on my parents 25th anniversary and then we have a wishes firework cruise at 8! I talked to chef Brian and got a quote on a cake and then called today to get the cake ordered and the guy on the contemporary private dining pretty much told me that it was a stupid idea to have the cake on the boat and all this stuff and to have it when I have supper then have me a different number. So does that mean I can't get a cake from chef Brian at the contemporary now? Or do they deliver to mama melrose in Hollywood studios?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #630
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleoftheballl View Post
We are eatin at mama melrose on my parents 25th anniversary and then we have a wishes firework cruise at 8! I talked to chef Brian and got a quote on a cake and then called today to get the cake ordered and the guy on the contemporary private dining pretty much told me that it was a stupid idea to have the cake on the boat and all this stuff and to have it when I have supper then have me a different number. So does that mean I can't get a cake from chef Brian at the contemporary now? Or do they deliver to mama melrose in Hollywood studios?
I dunno who this guy is who's been answering the phones at Contemporary Private Dining lately, but he's been confusing a lot of people on this thread.

Yes, if you do decide to order the cake for Mama Melrose, you will need to order it from a different place (Hollywood Studios' bakery). But don't let him bully you! If you want the cake delivered to a boat departing from the Contemporary, thank him for his concern and insist on placing the order anyway. It's not his place to tell you where the best place is to serve cake!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: