Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #601
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess View Post
what a GORGEOUS cake! I WANT IT! we're going to wdw for DD's 15th birthday next month, and eating lunch at crystal palace at MK...wonder if we could get this cake delivered there?
Call Private Dining at the Contemporary (see post #2) to order. Tell them you have inspiration photos of the cake that you want to email to the pastry chef and they'll give you his address. He'll quote you a price, then you'll call Private Dining back to place the order.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #602
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie
i know it's a lot of money but you got every cent worth with that beautiful Ariel cake - thanks for posting.
Honestly I was pleasantly surprised with $80. I thought I would have been more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #603
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Call Private Dining at the Contemporary (see post #2) to order. Tell them you have inspiration photos of the cake that you want to email to the pastry chef and they'll give you his address. He'll quote you a price, then you'll call Private Dining back to place the order.
THANK YOU! I will do that!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #604
lurkyloo

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this Fantasia cake created by the Grand Floridian bakery for a Disney wedding...

Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #605
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's exactly what I just did today. They are very nice and helpful. I can't wait to see our cake.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #606
ready4mouse
Mouseketeer

Need a suggestion...

We are going for my DH's 40th birthday in October... He loves watches, so I already purchased a beautiful watch from Disney Parks that I was going to surprise him with. Now this thread has me wondering if I can incorporate a cake somehow into presenting him with the watch...

Any good ideas?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #607
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Quote:
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this Fantasia cake created by the Grand Floridian bakery for a Disney wedding...

That is AWESOME!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #608
kgleine
Mouseketeer

i finally got someone today at the cake line for the contemporary. the guy i talked with basically was all, you cant email the chef, i take the details and i give it to them. i insisted and finally got a generic email and sarah emailed me, not chef brian everyone talks about. i am not even sure after the emails i know what im getting. i ordered a mickey mouse clubhouse cake (i have a topper and gave them dimensions) its a 6 in marble with buttercream. they are putting a banner and stars on it? i dont even know what this means (well the banner anyhow) and does 36.00 sound right? i just am very unsure after today what im getting....

isnt there normally a filling? everyones on here seems to have a filling. i asked for chocolate mousse but it was never brought back up in any communication. am i just missing something? should i email again?

Last edited by kgleine; 08-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #609
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgleine View Post
i finally got someone today at the cake line for the contemporary. the guy i talked with basically was all, you cant email the chef, i take the details and i give it to them. i insisted and finally got a generic email and sarah emailed me, not chef brian everyone talks about. i am not even sure after the emails i know what im getting. i ordered a mickey mouse clubhouse cake (i have a topper and gave them dimensions) its a 6 in marble with buttercream. they are putting a banner and stars on it? i dont even know what this means (well the banner anyhow) and does 36.00 sound right? i just am very unsure after today what im getting....

isnt there normally a filling? everyones on here seems to have a filling. i asked for chocolate mousse but it was never brought back up in any communication. am i just missing something? should i email again?
It sounds like you are getting a very simple supermarket-style buttercream cake with buttercream frosting between the layers and maybe a white chocolate banner on top (like the one on the Ariel cake on page 40 of this thread).

I would email a VERY detailed description of what you want: the size, the cake flavor, the filling flavor and the frosting flavor, plus what you want it to look like. The best would be if you could provide photos of a similar cake you like (Google and Flickr work great for this).

If you want a fancy cake with fondant covering and fondant stars, you need to specify this. The price will be much higher.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #610
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Will post pics soon. We ordered a coral reef/aquarium/scuba divers tank from Yacht club bakery to be delivered to the Coral Reef restaurant. It was amazing!
$120.00 for a 10in fondant covered cake, beautifully decorated with sharks, coral, fish, scuba diving equipment, marble fondant to look like water.

Chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting...yumm...so good and moist.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #611
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith
Will post pics soon. We ordered a coral reef/aquarium/scuba divers tank from Yacht club bakery to be delivered to the Coral Reef restaurant. It was amazing!
$120.00 for a 10in fondant covered cake, beautifully decorated with sharks, coral, fish, scuba diving equipment, marble fondant to look like water.

Chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting...yumm...so good and moist.
Can't wait to see it!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #612
kgleine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It sounds like you are getting a very simple supermarket-style buttercream cake with buttercream frosting between the layers and maybe a white chocolate banner on top (like the one on the Ariel cake on page 40 of this thread).

I would email a VERY detailed description of what you want: the size, the cake flavor, the filling flavor and the frosting flavor, plus what you want it to look like. The best would be if you could provide photos of a similar cake you like (Google and Flickr work great for this).

If you want a fancy cake with fondant covering and fondant stars, you need to specify this. The price will be much higher.
yeah that is what i was feeling. i dont want fondant, because why have the added expense when we dont like the taste and would be just pitching it...
my email with the picture of the topper said the size flavor, frosting flavor filling ect, so i just am not so sure. i guess i need to email again and get this 100% straight.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #613
ilanakan
Mouseketeer

Does anyone knoe how the cakes at AOA are?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #614
lisakramer
Mouseketeer

Toy Story Cake

I don't have the determination to look through the entire thread, so I hope no one has shared a cake like this already.
We did this for DS's 3rd bday at Chef M. I was emailing Chef Brian for about a month off and on. I think the cake was around $120 all said and done.

http://www.ericloveslisa.com/gallery...PG&startFrom=4
Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #615
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Cape May Cake?

Hi, I have a questions.

I found out from reading Dis that there are no longer Oreo Bon Bons on the menu at Cape May for Dinner. We are gonig there on our first night to celebrate DH's big bday. I wanted to order him a plate of Bon Bons with a Happy Birthday message, but I called the number listed on the first page of this thread and there was no answer no voice mail. Do you know who I need to call? the number I tried was 407-934-3105

TIA
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: