Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #586
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

i know it's a lot of money but you got every cent worth with that beautiful Ariel cake - thanks for posting.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #587
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I left a message yesterday and got a call back this morning from the Contemporary. I want to surprise DS with a cake at our Cali Grill meal on 8/28. Just emailed Chef Brian! I was told that he his off until Thursday.

I really don't know exactly what I want, just something to commemorate what will probably be our last trip as a family threesome to Disney. I can't wait to hear back from Brian!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #588
michashell
Mouseketeer

Art of Animation

Just wondering has anyone ordered a cake to be delivered to your room? What was it like? We will be celebrating my son's 5th birthday while there in October. We have ADRs for lunch at CRT but thought it would be nice to have a cake in the room after dinner. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #589
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I've ordered one for delivery in October, and so far the process has been great. The person at AOA who liaises with Yacht & Beach Club Bakery has been super-helpful. I emailed her a picture of what I wanted design-wise and the flavors, and she passed the info along. The cake will be delivered to my AoA room at the time I requested. I'll report back afterward with pictures...
Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #590
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo
I've ordered one for delivery in October, and so far the process has been great. The person at AOA who liaises with Yacht & Beach Club Bakery has been super-helpful. I emailed her a picture of what I wanted design-wise and the flavors, and she passed the info along. The cake will be delivered to my AoA room at the time I requested. I'll report back afterward with pictures...
You can order a cake this early in advance? I am looking to order a cake for September 26 from the contemporary resort!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #591
lurkyloo

Sure! I just usually recommend waiting til 2 or 3 weeks out because you hear the occasional horror story about a cake order getting lost. If you do order well in advance, be sure to call a few days before the delivery to reconfirm everything.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #592
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

We are now staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge instead of the Boardwalk on our DD's bday. Can we still order a Mad Hatter cake and have it delivered to our room or can we pick it up somewhere else at AKL??? What are the options at AKL? Thanks!

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

Old 08-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #593
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Too excited and can't wait to see pictures as you always have the most amazing cakes! Hope it's all that you wish for and that you have a magical holiday too! And, hope to read a trip report as well!

Enjoy, Karen
Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #594
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
A friend of mine had trouble with this just a few weeks ago. She ended up calling Boatwrights Dining Hall, and they put her in touch with a real person. Call the resort's main number and ask to be transferred.
They never called me back after leaving 3 messages so I ended up ordering a cake for our lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Had a reply right away from the cake line email and the next morning had an email from Chef Brian. Very excited!! Will post pics when we get back.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #595
TravelGrl
Mouseketeer

I just placed an order for a slipper dessert to be delivered to Chef Mickey's. Since my father is not a big dessert person and much prefers fruit, I asked them to add some cut up fruit on the plate which they said would not be a problem for an additional $3.

This is for my parents 40th anniversary, and my mother loves shoes. I have been following the cake chatter boards since 2006 but this is the first time I am ordering something special.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #596
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

I just called contemporarys private dining and I was talking to them about ordering a cake for my parents and I am just confused now. Everyone on the threads is saying that they get to email chef Brian, I asked the lady and she said "no ma'am you order through me" I also told her I want a Cinderella and prince charming cake and she tried telling me to get beauty and the beast instead.

Ugh, is this normal? How am I supposed to contact chef Brian if I want a really unique Cinderella cake not just a standard one
Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #597
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleoftheballl View Post
I just called contemporarys private dining and I was talking to them about ordering a cake for my parents and I am just confused now. Everyone on the threads is saying that they get to email chef Brian, I asked the lady and she said "no ma'am you order through me" I also told her I want a Cinderella and prince charming cake and she tried telling me to get beauty and the beast instead.

Ugh, is this normal? How am I supposed to contact chef Brian if I want a really unique Cinderella cake not just a standard one
Hopefully someone can give you an answer. I had the same problem a while back when I tried to order a birthday cake for my DD (also from the contemporary). I wish I would have pursued it further instead of trusting the woman who took my order. We did not get what we wanted, not even close. I felt that my requests were pretty simple and straightforward, and I was willing to pay whatever they wanted to charge me. I got exactly what I stated I did NOT want.

I asked for a stand-up white chocolate image of Snow White, with flowers on the cake in coordinating colors, and Happy Birthday written on it. I made it very clear that I did NOT want an edible image. I got an edible image, and you could see where Snow White had been enlarged, with parts of other princesses showing around the edges. There were no flowers and it did not say Happy Birthday.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 08-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #598
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleoftheballl View Post

Well, technically you DO place the actual order with her, it's just that she doesn't get that you want to talk to the chef first so that you can describe exactly what you want. Then he tells you what it will cost and you go back to her and place the order. I'll PM you the email address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
We are now staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge instead of the Boardwalk on our DD's bday. Can we still order a Mad Hatter cake and have it delivered to our room or can we pick it up somewhere else at AKL??? What are the options at AKL? Thanks!
See Post #2 for options at AKL. I am not sure they have the capability to make a fancy, Mad Hatter-style cake there, so be sure to call and talk to someone (also send photos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella909 View Post
Too excited and can't wait to see pictures as you always have the most amazing cakes! Hope it's all that you wish for and that you have a magical holiday too! And, hope to read a trip report as well!
Hey, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseystigger View Post
They never called me back after leaving 3 messages so I ended up ordering a cake for our lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Had a reply right away from the cake line email and the next morning had an email from Chef Brian. Very excited!! Will post pics when we get back.
So glad it worked out for you!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #599
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with the Comtemporary. I spoke with a very nice woman on Tuesday morning. She gave me Brian's email so I emailed him with my idea for a surprise cake for DS. I was told that he would be out until Thursday. Yesterday he did email me at 7:15 asking a question. I emailed back about 11 and now haven't heard anything. I figured maybe he answers emails first thing in the morning so I hoped to get up today and have a reply but nothing. I did email again but am thinking that if I don't hear anything Monday I may give the Grand Floridian a call instead (we are also eating at Narcoossees).
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #600
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post

what a GORGEOUS cake! I WANT IT! we're going to wdw for DD's 15th birthday next month, and eating lunch at crystal palace at MK...wonder if we could get this cake delivered there?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: