Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #556
michashell
Mouseketeer

Dye Free Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookluvingbabe View Post
Has anyone managed to get a cake without artificial food dyes? My son will be bouncing off the walls if we give him a cake with them and he won't eat chocolate.

Kind of makes for a boring cake if all we could do is white on white...
I'm glad that you asked. I've been wondering the same thing!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #557
alfwhoa
Earning My Ears

Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookluvingbabe View Post
Has anyone managed to get a cake without artificial food dyes? My son will be bouncing off the walls if we give him a cake with them and he won't eat chocolate.

Kind of makes for a boring cake if all we could do is white on white...
You could always do the fresh fruit type filling. I had strawberries with bavarian cream, it was good but made the white cake very sweet.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #558
Houston86
Mouseketeer

I just talked to Pat and orders my DD birthday cake. White cake with white chocolate mouse. Pink fondant and red Minnie bows, some flower on top and I am mailing her the cake topper. The cost is 80.00 and I can not wait to see what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Many day trips as a kid grew up in Florida, 1995 CBR, 2000 Contemporary, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, 2012 POFQ, 2015 Pop/Poly
Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #559
MrsWEsq
Earning My Ears

Akl?

Has anyone had a good experience ordering a cake from AKL lately? The last few posts that I read weren't that great. I was just thinking about the Zebra cake since we don't have a particular occasion that we are celebrating but I would order something a little more substantial is I could do it in confidence.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that but the really great make you feel that you too can become great." - Mark Twain

"Black belts are just white belts that never gave up." - Every martial arts instructor I have ever met.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #560
Jildaljam
Earning My Ears

Birthday cake?

It is my sons 21st birthday when we are at disney and the restaurant he has chosen to have his birthday meal is Teppan Edo. I have looked at the first page and if I order a cake from Teppan Edo it will be a standard cake. I would prefer a custom cake as his favourite character is Goofy. We are staying at Old Key West so I can have a cake delivered to our room from Boardwalk Inn, can anyone who has had one from there let me know their thoughts or is there somewhere I can collect a cake from on our way to Teppan. Any help appreciated
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #561
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

The only place you can pick up a custom cake is BoardWalk Bakery.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #562
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The only place you can pick up a custom cake is BoardWalk Bakery.
Will the Boardwalk Bakery deliver to dinner or a resort ?
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
Old 08-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #563
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Yes, but you need to order through the resort where you're dining/staying, NOT through BoardWalk Bakery. There is a list of resorts serviced by BWB in Post #1 of this thread, and Post #2 is the place to look up your resort to see where to call and what your options are.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #564
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Yes, but you need to order through the resort where you're dining/staying, NOT through BoardWalk Bakery. There is a list of resorts serviced by BWB in Post #1 of this thread, and Post #2 is the place to look up your resort to see where to call and what your options are.
Thank you !
I will let this thread know what I will be ordering for our Food & Wine vacation and also for the runners at the
Tower of Terror Run on September 29th !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
Old 08-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #565
Emjem
Earning My Ears

We are staying at AKL and will be arriving on my sons 18th birthday. I'm wanting to order a cake to be in our room when we get there. We have been given the cake hotline number but we are from England, does anyone have an email address we can contact AKL to try and arrange this.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #566
elfbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy View Post
Chef Brian is awesome he did this for me last year for a surprise for hubby.

Fiesty Fairy! Im hoping you still read this board. I love the plate that you had made for your husband, and was looking for some info about it. Where/how you got it done, how much it cost, and how do i get one made as well. Please let me know (My DH is a SW nerd and I would love to get him that for his birthday)

POR - Jan 2013!!! (1st Anniversary)
All Stars Movies - Jan 2012 (Wedding!!!)
POFQ - Sep 2004, POR - Sep 2003, WDW - 1996, WDW - 1992, Disneyland - 1984
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #567
EmpressBubbles
Proud Duck Smuggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWEsq View Post
Has anyone had a good experience ordering a cake from AKL lately? The last few posts that I read weren't that great. I was just thinking about the Zebra cake since we don't have a particular occasion that we are celebrating but I would order something a little more substantial is I could do it in confidence.
I've been wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, this question has been posted on this thread several times with no responses. It seems that if you aren't asking about a cake at the Contemporary or CF, then you won't get much attention.

Not criticizing. Just sayin'.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #568
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressBubbles View Post
I've been wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, this question has been posted on this thread several times with no responses. It seems that if you aren't asking about a cake at the Contemporary or CF, then you won't get much attention.

Not criticizing. Just sayin'.
A couple of years ago AKL did some not so great cakes and I think they limited their options and what they'd be willing to do. And I think that maybe people stopped getting cakes from AKL or if they did get them they haven't shared the experience on here. I don't think the AKL cake questions are necessarily being ignored, I just don't think people have anything to contribute.

Emjem, I don't think they have an email address that is readily available. You might try calling the main AKL resort number and asking them for an email address to the pastry/cake team.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #569
tkme4ard
Merry Christmas!

does anyone know if BOG will have cake delivery options?
Old 08-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #570
EmpressBubbles
Proud Duck Smuggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post
A couple of years ago AKL did some not so great cakes and I think they limited their options and what they'd be willing to do. And I think that maybe people stopped getting cakes from AKL or if they did get them they haven't shared the experience on here. I don't think the AKL cake questions are necessarily being ignored, I just don't think people have anything to contribute.

Emjem, I don't think they have an email address that is readily available. You might try calling the main AKL resort number and asking them for an email address to the pastry/cake team.
THANK YOU!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: