Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #466
bigbear
Mouseketeer
 
bigbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 109



This was the cake I surprised DH with in 2008 at Coral Reef. On our next trip I would like to have a cake at Rose and Crown to celebrate our daughter qualifying as a doctor, I thought it would be lovely to eat it for dessert whilst watching Illuminations. Not sure how things have changed since 2008, can I get a cake at R & C and what would my options be? Many thanks
__________________
Disneyland Paris 1998
Disneyland Paris 2001
Highlands Reserve Villa 2008
bigbear is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #467
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed100105 View Post
Hi everyone. I called and spoke with a cake specialist at the Zcontemporary on Monday. He gave me the email addy and I emailed Monday afternoon. I still haven't heard anything back. It is for next Friday. Any thought on how much longer I should wait?
I'd give them a call just in case the email didn't make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
This was the cake I surprised DH with in 2008 at Coral Reef. On our next trip I would like to have a cake at Rose and Crown to celebrate our daughter qualifying as a doctor, I thought it would be lovely to eat it for dessert whilst watching Illuminations. Not sure how things have changed since 2008, can I get a cake at R & C and what would my options be? Many thanks
Check out the Cake Options By Location info in Post #2 of this thread.
lurkyloo is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #468
nym4588
Mouseketeer
 
nym4588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjew View Post
LOVE IT!!!! Celebrating our 25th Anniversary next year in DW. Would love to do a cake with the photos on the side of cake as pictured. So do they charge per photo to add onto cake or was your cake a set price?

Thank you
I don't think I was charged per picture but I'm not 100% sure. It was $155 for the entire cake. Even after I ordered the cake, I wondered if I should have went with a different them. But seeing it in person not to mention the look on my dad's face made me realize I had chosen correctly. It just added a wonderful and personal touch. And I'm sure that after 25 years (Congratulations!!!) you have lots of fantastic pictures to use!
nym4588 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #469
nym4588
Mouseketeer
 
nym4588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear View Post


This was the cake I surprised DH with in 2008 at Coral Reef. On our next trip I would like to have a cake at Rose and Crown to celebrate our daughter qualifying as a doctor, I thought it would be lovely to eat it for dessert whilst watching Illuminations. Not sure how things have changed since 2008, can I get a cake at R & C and what would my options be? Many thanks

Oh I love this!
nym4588 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #470
bigbear
Mouseketeer
 
bigbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I'd give them a call just in case the email didn't make it.



Check out the Cake Options By Location info in Post #2 of this thread.
Thank you
__________________
Disneyland Paris 1998
Disneyland Paris 2001
Highlands Reserve Villa 2008
bigbear is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #471
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer
 
aubreysmom09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 452

Is it pretty easy to order a cake? We are going to Disney a month early for our daughters 3rd birthday November 25. I didn't want to go during Christmas. We will be having the character dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Do you just explain what you want, or do they already have predetermined cakes? suggestions would be great. We will also have our16 year old exchange student with us to celebrate.
__________________
aubreysmom09 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #472
Brandilovesdisney
DIS Veteran
 
Brandilovesdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 525



Totally forgot to post this when I got back from my last visit to the World.
It's a 6" vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling and it is was $60 plus tx. It was from the Contemporary but Brian was away so Ben made it. He answered all my e-mails while Brian was away so I got to correspond with him directly, which I thought was amazing. There were 5 adults and 2 young kids in our party and there was still some cake left over, which we shared with the staff at Tony's! Sorry I don't have a picture of the inside but it I can tell you first hand that it tasted amazing!!!!
__________________
DB .....Me .....DD .....DS

Disneyland 1983 (off property), Disneyworld 1992 (off property), Disneyworld 2003 (off property), ASMo September, 2010, POFQ November 2011, planning Star Wars Weekends and Disney Cruise Vacations

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
~Walt Disney~
Brandilovesdisney is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #473
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
Is it pretty easy to order a cake? We are going to Disney a month early for our daughters 3rd birthday November 25. I didn't want to go during Christmas. We will be having the character dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Do you just explain what you want, or do they already have predetermined cakes? suggestions would be great. We will also have our16 year old exchange student with us to celebrate.
They offer standard cakes, which you can see here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to...y-cake-photos/

Just call the Cake Hotline (see post 1) for those.

Otherwise, if you want a fancy cake like the one pictured above, you need to contact private dining at the Grand Floridian and describe what you want. See the first 2 posts of this thread for more info and the number.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandilovesdisney View Post

Totally forgot to post this when I got back from my last visit to the World.
It's a 6" vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling and it is was $60 plus tx. It was from the Contemporary but Brian was away so Ben made it. He answered all my e-mails while Brian was away so I got to correspond with him directly, which I thought was amazing.
Thanks for posting! What a great cake!
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #474
tuttilynn
Earning My Ears
 
tuttilynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 20

Great info thanks so much!
tuttilynn is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #475
PatsMinnie
Earning My Ears
 
PatsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandilovesdisney

Totally forgot to post this when I got back from my last visit to the World.
It's a 6" vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling and it is was $60 plus tx. It was from the Contemporary but Brian was away so Ben made it. He answered all my e-mails while Brian was away so I got to correspond with him directly, which I thought was amazing. There were 5 adults and 2 young kids in our party and there was still some cake left over, which we shared with the staff at Tony's! Sorry I don't have a picture of the inside but it I can tell you first hand that it tasted amazing!!!!
I love this! I may have to steal this idea for my anniversary!!! Looks like Ben did a great job. Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Me(27) DH(34)

WDW Trips:
Several times between 1987-2004 (stayed with relatives), Sept 2011-POFQ, Jan 2012-Coronado Springs, Feb 2012-All-Star Movies (ran the Princess Half-Marathon), May 2012-WDW Dolphin, Sept 2012-All-Star Sports (ran the TOT 10 Miler)

DCL Trips:
Sept/Oct 2012 - Dream (Bahamas, 4-nights)

Upcoming trips:
Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder (Alaska, 7 nights)
PatsMinnie is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #476
wed100105
Mouseketeer
 
wed100105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 355

I am beginning to think that maybe I wrote down the email address wrong. Could someone who has the email for the Contemporary please pm me and I will send you what I have to check and see if it is right? I still haven't heard back and I sent the email on Monday. I need the cake for one week from today.
__________________
l]
wed100105 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #477
Houston86
Mouseketeer
 
Houston86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Only a day away
Posts: 163

I am wanting to order a cake for 1900 park fare and chocolate covered strawberries for ohana. Do I call or email the Grand Floridian and Contemporary?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS DD





Many day trips as a kid grew up in Florida, 1995 CBR, 2000 Contemporary, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, 2012 POFQ, 2015 AoA
Houston86 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #478
KSBelle77
Mouseketeer
 
KSBelle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 178

Opinions?

Here is the computer sketch I did for the birthday cake I want. I was thinking of adding the dancing napkin from the wine and dine page around the base and then have "Happy Birthday Kayla" some where on there. What you we think of it??

Also, I want some sort of arch formed from the champenge bottles.

I am hoping to eat at "Be Our Guest" so I know I need to order from the contempoary resort.

[img]
7-20-2012 049 by Roehler77, on Flickr[/img]
__________________
2001 - High School Marched at the Magic Kingdom
2010 - 3rd Anniversary Trip (All-Star Music)
2011 - 1st 5K, Royal Family
2012 - 1st Half Marathon, Disney Princess
2012 - Birthday trip and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
2013 - 1st Disney Marathon
2013 - 1st Trip to Disneyland, Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, Dumbo Dare Challenge
2015 - 1st Dopey Challenge, 2nd Disney Marathon
2015 - Law School Graduation, KS Bar Exam
2015 - 1st Disney Cruise, Fantasy
KSBelle77 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #479
maxsmom
DIS Veteran
 
maxsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 686

Quick Questions

Ok, if someone could refresh my memory. I believe the Contemporary will make a cake for Cinderella's Royal table and there's no delivery charge? And if I ordered a cake and have Brian's email can I just email him or do I need to call 1st? And would that email have changed w/in the last yr or 2? Thanks!
I thought of one more. Con the contemporary do the small white chocolate castles topper? Like the one on the mini wedding cakes.
__________________
99 Off Property 00 New Years! Off Property
00 Disney Wedding and Honeymoon WL/CSR, 01 1st Anniversary YC, 03 WL, 05 DS's 1st Time POP , 06 POP, 09 Poly DD's 1st Time!, 09 CSR + 1 night POR, 10 Pop then Poly for 10 yr aniv! , Summer of '11: POFQ, Summer of '12 CSR, Summer of '13 Poly, Summer of '14 Contempoary

Last edited by maxsmom; 07-21-2012 at 12:15 AM.
maxsmom is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #480
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed100105 View Post
I am beginning to think that maybe I wrote down the email address wrong. Could someone who has the email for the Contemporary please pm me and I will send you what I have to check and see if it is right? I still haven't heard back and I sent the email on Monday. I need the cake for one week from today.
I will PM you the email, but as I posted earlier, I strongly urge you to call, not just email. There are so many ways for an email to get lost....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston86 View Post
I am wanting to order a cake for 1900 park fare and chocolate covered strawberries for ohana. Do I call or email the Grand Floridian and Contemporary?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Call the Poly first re: the strawberries, and if they say they can't do them, ask the GF for them when you call the GF for the cake. Numbers are here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to...e/by-location/

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
Ok, if someone could refresh my memory. I believe the Contemporary will make a cake for Cinderella's Royal table and there's no delivery charge?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
And if I ordered a cake and have Brian's email can I just email him or do I need to call 1st? And would that email have changed w/in the last yr or 2?
Email is the same. You can email him directly if you already have the address, but if you don't hear back in a week or so I'd call to be sure he got it. Also, you will need to then call to actually place the order once the two of you hash out the cake details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
Can the contemporary do the small white chocolate castles topper? Like the one on the mini wedding cakes.
The mini castle cake toppers have been Grand Floridian-only in the past, but I feel like I saw one from the Contemporary a few months back. You'll have to the pastry chef to know for sure.
lurkyloo is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: