Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #436
Sara1Babe
Mouseketeer

Now Beach & Yacht club is saying they can't do Star Wars theme at all. Lame sauce.

Going with Donald Duck instead, but I am way less excited. Need to look around for inspiration.

Cake details:
6in Custom
Fondant Covered - White & Blue marbled
Chocolate Cake
White Choc filling
Stand Up 2D Donald on White Choc

Old 07-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #437
Janis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
I've never seen that one Janis!! Very different!!
Linda, it's called Steampunk. I would love to see what the wedding looked like with that cake as the theme.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #438
DisRunnerGal
Earning My Ears

I recently contacted the Boardwalk Bakery to price out a cake. I asked for a chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream. On the top it would be replicas of the wedding Mickey and Minnie hats you can get in the parks and written "Have a Magical Anniversary". Originally I just wanted a 6 inch cake, but they said we would have to get an 8 inch for that, which I am fine with. They quoted me at $65+tax. I have no idea, but is that reasonable?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #439
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1Babe View Post
Now Beach & Yacht club is saying they can't do Star Wars theme at all. Lame sauce.
That is lame... I might even reschedule the meal for GF of the Contemporary at that point, just so I could get the cake I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisRunnerGal View Post
I recently contacted the Boardwalk Bakery to price out a cake. I asked for a chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream. On the top it would be replicas of the wedding Mickey and Minnie hats you can get in the parks and written "Have a Magical Anniversary". Originally I just wanted a 6 inch cake, but they said we would have to get an 8 inch for that, which I am fine with. They quoted me at $65+tax. I have no idea, but is that reasonable?
Sounds about right. In fact, it sounds a little low if the ear hats are to be molded rather than just images on a flat, standing piece of white chocolate.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #440
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Do you guys think 3 weeks is too early to order? I will be busy the wkend our 2 weeks hits.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #441
Sara1Babe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
That is lame... I might even reschedule the meal for GF of the Contemporary at that point, just so I could get the cake I wanted.
We're eating at Cape May just because my DH wanted all he could eat crab for his bday.

I really expected to find more decent Donald cakes out there....the pickings are slim, slim I tell you!!!!

I am going to give it a couple weeks then call back and try to provide more guidance I am that it won't be awesome (even though I went fondant at LurkyLoo's recommendation for getting an awesome cake).

I guess whether the cake is all I dream of or not I am an awesome wife.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #442
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post
Do you guys think 3 weeks is too early to order? I will be busy the wkend our 2 weeks hits.
Not too early.

Quote:
We're eating at Cape May just because my DH wanted all he could eat crab for his bday.

I really expected to find more decent Donald cakes out there....the pickings are slim, slim I tell you!!!!

I am going to give it a couple weeks then call back and try to provide more guidance I am that it won't be awesome (even though I went fondant at LurkyLoo's recommendation for getting an awesome cake).

That's the spirit! Y&BC does turn out good-looking fondant cakes, so I'm sure it won't be bad. It's just a shame they refuse to do the design you wanted.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #443
Sara1Babe
Mouseketeer

Also is it normal to not be quoted a price?

The only talk of money was fondant costing $15 extra, adds that to the list of things to talk about next time I call

Old 07-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #444
Ducky0615
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=tinkerpea;45417236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky0615 View Post
Just returned back from a wonderful vacation which was made even more wonderful by Chef Brian as he did a fantastic job on a cake my sister ordered for her son, my nephew.

The cake was pirate themed, with pictures from the first couple days of our vacation on the cake.

10 inch cake
Marbled cake
Butter cream icing
Cookies and Cream filling
Cost $125

This cake is AMAZING not sure if you read my post but im struggling on finding a way to celebrate my disney wedding anniversary my sone bday "my twins bday as they have never had one at Disney! where as its our other sons bday on our 1st day) and a way to say Thanks to my family for being amazing through my illness!

I think a cake themed to Halloween or something thats our favourite with family pics of bday wedding etc would be a way of celebrating them all
I am far from creative, my sister looked over and over again at the cakes that had been done before and my nephew loves pirates of the Caribbean so she decided to go with that. She also picked Chef Brian because of seeing the quality of cakes he did from others posting here.

I think whatever idea you come up with Chef Brian will do an amazing job!!

Hope your cake turns out to be everything you hope for!

June 1999 - Yacht Club
June 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
June 2012 - Yacht Club (Round 2)
December 2013 - Africa??!!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #445
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:

I don't know if this is going to help you or not, but I have really wanted to do a Donald cake or order one at WDW. My inspiration was going to be the Donald mouse ears.

[IMG][/IMG]
(borrowed this pic since I don't have it in mine )

My thought...while quite literal...is to have the actual cake decorated the same way the hat portion of the ears are done and then have the white chocolate Donald added on top w/just some gold trim (not a big fan of painting the white choc figs). While it wouldn't be a deal breaker...I really would love it if they could use fondant, gumpaste, and/or modeling chocolate to make the Donald hat topping the mouse ears and have the Donald white chocolate topper actually standing on that. I usually like something going around a white chocolate topper like the ones Disney uses...and since it's Beach club, mini beach balls and life preservers out of fondant might also be cute if they couldn't do the mini Donald hat for him to stand on.

Sorry I don't have a pic or sketch, but this is the Donald cake idea I've been holding onto and figured maybe it could help.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #446
Sara1Babe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTrigger View Post
I don't know if this is going to help you or not, but I have really wanted to do a Donald cake or order one at WDW. My inspiration was going to be the Donald mouse ears.

[IMG][/IMG]
(borrowed this pic since I don't have it in mine )

My thought...while quite literal...is to have the actual cake decorated the same way the hat portion of the ears are done and then have the white chocolate Donald added on top w/just some gold trim (not a big fan of painting the white choc figs). While it wouldn't be a deal breaker...I really would love it if they could use fondant, gumpaste, and/or modeling chocolate to make the Donald hat topping the mouse ears and have the Donald white chocolate topper actually standing on that. I usually like something going around a white chocolate topper like the ones Disney uses...and since it's Beach club, mini beach balls and life preservers out of fondant might also be cute if they couldn't do the mini Donald hat for him to stand on.

Sorry I don't have a pic or sketch, but this is the Donald cake idea I've been holding onto and figured maybe it could help.

That's an outstanding idea!!!!! That would make an adorable cake.

Got a call from private dining and went over my cake and I am feeling better about how it's going to turn out.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #447
goalieliz8
Earning My Ears

Cake for next week

I need some help. I called the cake hotline and called the boardwalk bakery to order a mini cake or 6 inch with some decorations for my sons 2nd birthday and the girl said they couldn't' do it. I was wondering if I can order from the Grand Floridian or Yacht and Beach Club, even though I'm staying at the All-Star Sport, and pick it up from them. We just wanted the 2 tier mini cake or a 6inch decorated. Help please!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #448
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
That's an outstanding idea!!!!! That would make an adorable cake.

Got a call from private dining and went over my cake and I am feeling better about how it's going to turn out.
Yay!!! Glad you liked it. Definitely post pics when you come back
Old 07-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #449
goalieliz8
Earning My Ears

Ordering Cake

Ok so I got the answer to my question about ordering from the resorts and picking up, that's a no. But I talked to Liz at Boardwalk and she gave me the email address to asking about ordering a cake and I have yet to receive a response back from them. I need to get this ordered since we are going next Saturday July 21st. Any advice anyone?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #450
nannye
DIS Veteran

Just got back from Disney and here is my pink Cinderella Cake for Victoria, They did a really lovely job on it. I brought Cinderella and mice topper for the cake. It was a little smaller than I was expecting, I thought it would be a bit taller.

It was done by Grand Floridian for Park Fare Dinner. Pat was great to work with. I asked for a white cake with chocolate mousse filling in pink fondant, with drapings and bows in white mimicking Cinderella's pink dress and the birthday girl loves sparkle.

I was a little nervous but I think the end result was great! It was $66 I think. It wasn't as good as others I've seen, but I couldn't find anything I liked to go off a pictures so I think they did a great job. It tasted delicious. I knew the 6 inch was way too much for the two of us, but I really wanted a cake for her birthday and wanted it custom. Sadly at least half the cake was tossed when we had to check out of the resort 5 days later because I only had one other piece another day after forgetting about the cake in the fridge.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Last edited by nannye; 02-03-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: