Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #3691
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Gah. Is this confirmed by Disney, or just the blogs posting? This upsets me greatly. UGH.
From what I've read, they'll still deliver the same pastries they currently deliver to restaurants & hotels. They'll just no longer have a storefront. I haven't read, when/if they plan to open another store.
(")_(")

Old 03-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #3692
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
From what I've read, they'll still deliver the same pastries they currently deliver to restaurants & hotels. They'll just no longer have a storefront. I haven't read, when/if they plan to open another store.
Ugh, that's still a huge bummer. I passed over the storefront this February because I figured I wasn't missing too much, now I regret it so! At least I'll be able to see the one in NYC and stock up on goodies in April, but I'm worried about the one in Orlando not being able to make custom cakes if they'll be closed.

…time will tell, I guess?

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #3693
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
I believe you are mistaken. BabyCakesNYC isn't closing, but the adjoining restaurant is.
Quote:
Gah. Is this confirmed by Disney, or just the blogs posting? This upsets me greatly. UGH.
The closure of both Babycakes and Pollo Campero is being reported on a wide variety of Disney sites. It was a space shared jointly by both businesses and both are casualties of the Disney Springs development. The Disney Food Blog is also reporting it and they're a pretty reputable source. Many folks are wondering if they'll make their way back into the Disney Springs landscape, but at this point the only word is they're closing on March 19th.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #3694
GrimGrinningGhosts69
Earning My Ears

Haunted Mansion Cake?

Do they offer the option to order a Haunted Mansion cake?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #3695
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningGhosts69 View Post
Definitely. Scroll thru the thread you will see a couple different versions
DP
Old 03-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #3696
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningGhosts69 View Post
I ordered one for my husband in 2010 Brian from the Contemporary did an awesome job. I don't have a picture handy but I got the idea from this thread.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #3697
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Ordered a custom cake for my mom's birthday yesterday. I called the cake number for Port Orleans Monday afternoon and left a message, got a call back yesterday. I asked for a custom Ursula cake, yellow or vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting and chocolate mousse filling. I was quoted $50 - she called me back a little later after talking to the bakery (Boardwalk, I'm assuming) and said they could do Ursula fo $50 or they could do Ursula with an Under the Sea theme for $85. Since we don't do this very often, I decided to splurge so we are going with the $85 cake. I'm excited to see what they will do. I have no idea what size cake I ordered - I told them 4 adults and 2 children so I'm thinking I'm getting a 6'"? I'll post pictures when we return. We are picking the cake up at the POFQ food court on Sunday. Question (that I know has been answered before) - is there any way to get this delivered to the room? I'd even be willing to grab it from the food court and take it to bell services if they'd then deliver it to the room. I just think that adds to the surprise, opposed to me just picking it up and bringing it back to the room myself. Any thoughts?
Old 03-13-2014, 02:43 AM   #3698
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Here is the Mini Cake that we got at the Contemporary. I provided them with a photo of a similar cake, I just changed the colour to white base and red Mickey Heads. We had a vanilla cake inside with chocolate mousse inside. It was absolutely wonderful. The mousse was very rich so I'm glad I chose vanilla cake and not chocolate. The cake cost me $35 and was delivered to Chef Mickey at dinner.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 03-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #3699
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Question (that I know has been answered before) - is there any way to get this delivered to the room? I'd even be willing to grab it from the food court and take it to bell services if they'd then deliver it to the room. I just think that adds to the surprise, opposed to me just picking it up and bringing it back to the room myself. Any thoughts?
I'd call back the person you placed the order with and ask. Non-Deluxe resorts don't have Private Dining to run food out to guests rooms, but Art of Animation seems to have some way of getting Yacht Club cakes delivered to guest rooms, so maybe POR does too!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #3700
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTrigger View Post
The closure of both Babycakes and Pollo Campero is being reported on a wide variety of Disney sites. It was a space shared jointly by both businesses and both are casualties of the Disney Springs development. The Disney Food Blog is also reporting it and they're a pretty reputable source. Many folks are wondering if they'll make their way back into the Disney Springs landscape, but at this point the only word is they're closing on March 19th.
Are you sure it isn't just temporary closure during construction?
Old 03-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #3701
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Apologies if this seems lazy of me, I am just overwhelmed with information. Would it be possible to get a mini Wedding Cake delivered to our room at Coronado Springs Resort?

We hope to have a Memories vow renewal, but will be at HDDR that same day for dinner, so I thought it would be perfect to arrive at our room with cake waiting alongside our Memories package

I would only want something small and simple - I like the look of the little white ones with colourful Mickey heads and ears on top

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 03-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #3702
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
Apologies if this seems lazy of me, I am just overwhelmed with information. Would it be possible to get a mini Wedding Cake delivered to our room at Coronado Springs Resort?

We hope to have a Memories vow renewal, but will be at HDDR that same day for dinner, so I thought it would be perfect to arrive at our room with cake waiting alongside our Memories package

I would only want something small and simple - I like the look of the little white ones with colourful Mickey heads and ears on top
The trick is that Coronado Springs ' food and beverage service is not managed by Disney, so they have only a few limited cake options. Of course it's possible that they could approximate the cake design you like, so I recommend calling the number listed in Post #2 to see what your options are.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #3703
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The trick is that Coronado Springs ' food and beverage service is not managed by Disney, so they have only a few limited cake options. Of course it's possible that they could approximate the cake design you like, so I recommend calling the number listed in Post #2 to see what your options are.
Thank you I had a feeling I could remember reading somewhere that CSR either doesn't allow it or is awkward, which is one reason I asked.
Will have to dig out one of those numbers that makes international calls cost less...

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 03-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #3704
Jacoby 46
Run Disney in November!

Question and please forgive me if this was answered, I am overwhelmed by the information on this thread!

I will be at Disney with friends in November and we are having a celebration dinner at Flying Fish one night...I want to get a cake to commemorate the reason we are there (running the 5K) and wanted it after dinner because it might be the only time we are all together. Is there a way to do this? I just wanted maybe one with the picture of the castle and a little saying on it like, "We did it!" Is this possible to have done and also to have after we eat at Flying Fish?
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #3705
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
Are you sure it isn't just temporary closure during construction?
As of right now, all of the news just states that they're closing. Who knows...we may see their name pop up again as Disney Springs nears completion, but for now- all anyone knows is that they're closing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: