Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #346
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reply lurkyloo. I've tried calling those too since getting the reply and they said the same thing. $85 seems like a lot for a 6 in cake not knowing what it will look like? I'm not sure what to do? Does the other deliver?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #347
Toystoryfan32
DIS Veteran

Haunted Mansion Cake at Tony's by Chef Brian 10 inch $85.00
The cake was chocolate with peanut butter cup filling and was amazing! Chef Brian rocks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #348
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessreilly View Post
Thanks for the reply lurkyloo. I've tried calling those too since getting the reply and they said the same thing. $85 seems like a lot for a 6 in cake not knowing what it will look like? I'm not sure what to do? Does the other deliver?
I've never used them, so you'd have to call and find out, but it seems like most bakeries deliver. I don't think I'd pay $85 for a plain 6-inch cake with a white chocolate cutout on top.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #349
nannye
DIS Veteran

Cake Decision Help Needed

Alright I think I've decided what I want, I would just love some feedback from you guys if there is anything you think would look nice to make sure I have everything right and I am as clear as possible. I still really just don't know what I want so I am going to leave it up to Pat and just hope for the best. Will Pat actually be making this cake? When I call do I ask to speak to pat?

Thanks!

July 6, 2012
Park Fare
407-824-1951 is the number I call to order the cake right?

6 inch yellow cake with chocolate buttercream filling covered in light pink smooth vanilla buttercream

Cinderella themed cake (Since the cake would mostly be pink & White, I guess themed after the pink/white cinderella dress the mice & birds make)

I will add a small cinderella figurine bought at Down town Disney. NO screen prints or stand up white chocolate cinderellas please.

colors:She loves pink of course and white would be good for accenting, whatever else is needed to keep in the cinderella theme. some matching flowers would be nice maybe roses. She loves sparkly things.

some white draped fondant with small pink or white bows (whichever look better) draped around the top of the sides of the cake. Perhaps some piped scrolls on the sides. (I have a picture and can email)

Otherwise please do what you want (but please no confetti) a hidden mickey would be nice!

A banner at base of cake, Happy 5th Birthday Victoria

Absolutely no nuts on the cake or used in the cake (ie, no peanut butter filling or carrot cake substitutes)

Okay comments, suggesetions would be ever so much appreciated. I usually have a better idea of what I want and pictures to back it up, but I'm lost.
Thanks
TIA
Erin

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #350
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Will Pat actually be making this cake? When I call do I ask to speak to pat?

Thanks!

July 6, 2012
Park Fare
407-824-1951 is the number I call to order the cake right?
You can't work directly with the pastry chefs at the GF; Pat is the middleman who takes your order and communicates it to them. That number is the one to call.

Your description sounds good and thorough to me! The only thing that might not work is to have draped fondant on top of the buttercream—they may tell you that the whole cake has to be covered in fondant for that. But they can do swags in buttercream.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #351
natter
Mouseketeer

How long does it normally take to receive a reply from Brian at the CR? I talked with Sarah at private dining and discussed with her my options, then sent a sketch and detailed message to Brian's email. Just wondering when to expect a reply.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #352
goofygreb
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have the recipe for the buttercream frosting Brian uses at the Contemporary? Do you think if I emailed him and asked he would give it to me? I am making my daughters wedding cake and the buttercream that was on our anniversary cake in May from the Contemporary tasted good and had good consistency.

Oct.1997-Off site, Oct.1998-ASSP, Nov.1999-ASSP, Dec.2000- Dixie Landings,
Oct.2001-ASSP, Oct.2003-ASSP, Oct.2004-ASSP, July 2005-POFQ, Aug.2005-AKL,
Oct.2005-ASSP, Feb.2006-POFQ, Aug.2006-POFQ, May 2007-ASSP,
July 2007-POFQ, Nov.2007-POFQ, Aug. 2008-POFQ, Sept.2009-POFQ, Jan 2010-POFQ,
April 2010-POFQ, June 2011-POFQ May 2012-POFQ, Oct. 2013-POFQ
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #353
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natter View Post
How long does it normally take to receive a reply from Brian at the CR? I talked with Sarah at private dining and discussed with her my options, then sent a sketch and detailed message to Brian's email. Just wondering when to expect a reply.
When I worked with him last summer, I heard from him VERY EARLY the day following my initial email. It's also my understanding that he takes a couple days off mid week, so that might also delay his reply.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #354
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I never did hear back from him

Old 06-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #355
FLChell
Earning My Ears

Just thought I'd share my bad Disney Cake experience and the lesson we learned. This was not our first cake ordered from Disney so we've done this before and thought we covered all our bases gave detailed info on what we wanted and didn't want. Cake was brought to the table for my daughters 9th birthday on Monday at the Kona and it was WRONG and didn't even taste very good(very dry and the wht choc. mouse was gritty) .

I spent almost 200 dollars on this cake so to see it be wrong and her not even willing to eat it was just awful. I had sat and listened to my husband speak with Pat and he said all the right things everything we wanted was told to Pat.

My husband called to complain on Wed the first down day we had, and the manager above Pat was going to refund us half the cakes cost but it wasn't about the money. My daughter was still whining about her cake being ruined so my husband suggested they just remake the cake for her. So once we decide a pick up date they are going to remake her birthday cake the way she wanted it to begin with! Better late then never I guess.

The lesson I learned from this EMAILS or FAXES with written details about what we want from this point forward never again will it be done verbally over the phone.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #356
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I agree emails and keep them

Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #357
sexyravenfan
Steamed Crabs, O's, and Natty Bohs

White cake with milk chocolate mousse filling from Boardwalk Bakery. Don't remember the price

October 2012-POR
August 2010-POR
August 2008-POR
July 2005-POR
July 2002-POR
June 1998-DxL
June 1994-DxL
September 1990-FW

Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #358
cassiechip
Earning My Ears

Hey guys! i didnt really see anything looking through but maybe i just didnt look hard enough!

I have gotten many cakes in the past, but they have never been a surprise! This time i plan to suprise a cake.

Is it possible to pay after you get the cake?? Because obviously my account is connected to his and i want it to be a surprise!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #359
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygreb View Post
Does anyone have the recipe for the buttercream frosting Brian uses at the Contemporary? Do you think if I emailed him and asked he would give it to me? I am making my daughters wedding cake and the buttercream that was on our anniversary cake in May from the Contemporary tasted good and had good consistency.
Disney's usually very good about giving out recipes. It can just take a few days for the chef to convert it for at-home use. I'd give Private Dining a call at the number in Post #2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I never did hear back from him
I'd call back! You never know with email whether it got there, plus the address is long and easily misspelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLChell View Post

My husband called to complain on Wed the first down day we had, and the manager above Pat was going to refund us half the cakes cost but it wasn't about the money. ...

The lesson I learned from this EMAILS or FAXES with written details about what we want from this point forward never again will it be done verbally over the phone.
Wow, I can't believe they only offered to refund half! I totally agree—if they will accept emails or faxes, that's the best way to go. But some people have had trouble getting the GF to let them use these methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiechip View Post

Is it possible to pay after you get the cake?? Because obviously my account is connected to his and i want it to be a surprise!
You never pay til after you get the cake. They take your credit card number to hold it, though.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #360
FLChell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post

Wow, I can't believe they only offered to refund half! I totally agree—if they will accept emails or faxes, that's the best way to go. But some people have had trouble getting the GF to let them use these methods.

You never pay til after you get the cake. They take your credit card number to hold it, though.
Yep they were only going to refund half... but really my daughter just wants her cake the way she wanted it and will enjoy it.

They charged my card 4 days in advance which was another thing that upset us because when my husband gave the card number to Pat he was told Friday the 8th the charge would be applied it went thru Thursday the 7th.

Oh and here is a picture of the cake we got.. it's a beautiful cake and the decorations were almost what we wanted except the big flower my daughter HATES flowery stuff. The ganache was suppose to be marbled with white choco flakes instead of that thick dark chocolate that had my daughter totally grossed out to be honest I didn't even care for the flavor of the dark choco. ganache on it. Also the inside of the cake wasn't correct either, and it was gritty. Had the inside and the ganache been right the big flower wouldn't have been something we complained about I would of just told my daughter to suck it up.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: