Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #3496
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip 2 Disney View Post
Ok need some help. I emailed magic kingdom earlier this month with a cake request & they were unable to make the cake I wanted. The gave me a few options & I just decided on a cake. I go to respond to the magic kingdom email and I keep getting a permanent delivery failure email after attempting to send from two different email accounts. I tried to call and I received the voicemail. My daughters birthday is Thursday and I am starting to worry about the timing. I know waiting to the last minute is not the smartest choice however I had a few family and work issues that took my focus away from planning. Please help me figure out the best way to place my order. I can not use the order form because I am ordering a custom mini cake.
Since it's getting so close, I'd call Private Dining at the Contemporary (call the main resort phone number and ask to be transferred) and explain what's happened. They're the ones making the cake, and although they don't like taking MK cake orders directly, you're in a tight spot right now with no communication and an email and phone number that aren't getting you anywhere. Good luck!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #3497
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

When is the latest I should order a chocolate slipper to be sure I can get it? We are unsure of which night and restaurant we want to do it at.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #3498
lurkyloo

I'd wait no longer than 72 hours before. Where are you staying? You might be able to have it sent to your room....
Old 01-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #3499
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

We're at BWV but would prefer it at a meal. We are debating over CM and BOG just not sure which day we are going.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #3500
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2disney View Post

Birthday cake at GFV. All total 60$ Only request was mini cake to be a little pirate themey. The chocalate was delicious with the slipper. Worth the price. Was delivered to our room before we even got there.
Question about this cake.

Thinking of treating myself at my CRT breakfast for an early birthday present (February is the closest time I've ever been in WDW to my birthday... of course my birthday always falls on spring break week so I can NEVER afford the nuttiness down there!) and I wanted to know how you managed the mini cake with only one tier? Did you have a hassle ordering it? My upcoming trip is solo, and I know even a 2-tier mini will be too much for me, and I'd hate to waste it.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Old 01-20-2014, 06:07 PM   #3501
lurkyloo

That particular cake only comes with one tier. It's known as the Mini Castle Cake and can be ordered at places serviced by the Contemporary's and the Grand Floridian's pastry teams. Getting it at CRT may be more of a saga, especially right now while the MK Cakes email inbox is full.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #3502
Trip 2 Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Since it's getting so close, I'd call Private Dining at the Contemporary (call the main resort phone number and ask to be transferred) and explain what's happened. They're the ones making the cake, and although they don't like taking MK cake orders directly, you're in a tight spot right now with no communication and an email and phone number that aren't getting you anywhere. Good luck!
I ended up calling and leaving a voicemail. I received a return phone call & placed my order over the phone. Their email box is full which is why I couldn't send my email. Feeling a lot better now that my order is in. Thanks for responding :-)

Old 01-20-2014, 11:58 PM   #3503
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
That particular cake only comes with one tier. It's known as the Mini Castle Cake and can be ordered at places serviced by the Contemporary's and the Grand Floridian's pastry teams. Getting it at CRT may be more of a saga, especially right now while the MK Cakes email inbox is full.
Gah. Are emails bouncing back? It was only a passing thought, not required. This is what I get for thinking of last-minute treats while there...

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Old 01-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #3504
lurkyloo

Try calling! Trip 2 Disney got a call back, so hopefully they can help you too!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #3505
DisneyBirdy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip 2 Disney View Post
I ended up calling and leaving a voicemail. I received a return phone call & placed my order over the phone. Their email box is full which is why I couldn't send my email. Feeling a lot better now that my order is in. Thanks for responding :-)
How long did it take for you to get a call back? I was inquiring about a cake for Tuesday. we had been emailing back and forth, and then I just kept getting bouncebacks. I've called, but haven't gotten a return yet. Just wondered how long before they called you back...

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #3506
huggiebear23
Can't wait for Disney!!!

Do they make tree nut free cakes?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #3507
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggiebear23
Do they make tree nut free cakes?
We have always found wdw very accommodating with allergies. I would contact the bakery you are interested in getting a cake from (whatever the appropriate contact info is should be on page 1 of this thread) and ask your specific question to them. We heard back from Disney very quickly wrt an allergy on our last trip

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #3508
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
We have always found wdw very accommodating with allergies. I would contact the bakery you are interested in getting a cake from (whatever the appropriate contact info is should be on page 1 of this thread) and ask your specific question to them. We heard back from Disney very quickly wrt an allergy on our last trip
The contemporary was very good with my daughters nut allergy. Animal kingdom lodge wouldn't touch us with a ten pole. Babycakes provides allergy cakes resort wide.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:19 AM   #3509
Trip 2 Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBirdy View Post
How long did it take for you to get a call back? I was inquiring about a cake for Tuesday. we had been emailing back and forth, and then I just kept getting bouncebacks. I've called, but haven't gotten a return yet. Just wondered how long before they called you back... Thanks!
Surprisingly under an hour. I was previously in contact with a member by email and asked for this person to call me back. She was very helpful!

Old 01-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #3510
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had any experience with ordering a cake from POFQ? Best friend and I just planned a spur of the moment trip for March 3rd. We're calling it her 50th birthday trip. Thanks for any information you can give me!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: