Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #3436
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Thought you guys would get a kick out of these Haunted Mansion cakes. The first one was made by the new Contemporary pastry team recently. The second was made by Chef Brian last spring..

Old 01-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #3437
kimmy85
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=lurkyloo;50404206]Thought you guys would get a kick out of these Haunted Mansion cakes. The first one was made by the new Contemporary pastry team recently. The second was made by Chef Brian last spring..

Love this cake! Especially the recreation of the wallpaper! I think I might have to plan a trip on our "1/2" anniversary so that I can justify the theming!

Thanks for sharing lurkyloo!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #3438
disney is my life
DIS Veteran

Here is the cake we ordered for dd's sweet 16 in November:
Price:$140
Date Received: November 19 2013
Flavor: Vanilla cake with some kind of Vanilla filling

My Photobucket (Disigns, Autograph Book pages & Covers) : http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/di...?sort=9&page=1
Personalized Autograph Book Cover Request Thread: http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/di...?sort=9&page=1

November 2011-All Star Movies
March 2013-POP Century
November 2013-Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2015-???
Old 01-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #3439
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Great cake!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #3440
stephwtx
Mouseketeer

Smile Hi

I am so glad I found this thread!!! We have 2 trips coming up this spring/summer and lots of celebrating to do : )

I have 2 questions for now!

1. I love the mini cake w the light up castle. Is this available at the MK resturants?

2. I thought I read something about copy right and the characters from Frozen. I asked my dd what kind of cake she wanted for her 1/2 bday and of course the only thing she wants is an Anna and Elsa cake!

Thanks for the help ladies you guys rock!!
Steph
Old 01-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #3441
kimmy85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwtx View Post
I am so glad I found this thread!!! We have 2 trips coming up this spring/summer and lots of celebrating to do : )

1. I love the mini cake w the light up castle. Is this available at the MK resturants?

2. I thought I read something about copy right and the characters from Frozen. I asked my dd what kind of cake she wanted for her 1/2 bday and of course the only thing she wants is an Anna and Elsa cake!

Steph
Hi Steph,

Not sure about the first question but page 226 (post #3381) has a beautiful "Frozen" cake. It was $120...
Old 01-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #3442
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Okay.. This cake was made by the contemporary team. They were amazing!!!!!!!!!!! The cake looked almost identical to the picture I had sent them through email. It was and 8 inch cake. Chocolate cake with Peanut butter cream cheese filing. It was AMAZING! VERY RICH though! Cost was $130. With the tax, gratuity and delivery it came to 161 and some change. Very expensive but a once in a life timer cake! I was very happy!
I mostly lurk here, but wanted to say I love this cake! I just adore Christmas or wintery themed cakes. They did a great job on the Christmas tree!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #3443
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwtx View Post

Steph
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3381

got this for Dec so I cant tell you about copy right things
Old 01-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #3444
soonerlpn
Mouseketeer

Hello, getting ready to order a mini cake for our February trip. We are ordering thru Epcot and having it delivered to Le Cellier. Problem is I have no idea about decorations or the wording. It's our first real family vacation (2nd marriage). My husband has never been to Disney.

We like all the characters but if there was a way to make it a family cake that would be great. I know the mini cake does not have a lot of room but any ideas that you all have would be great! Thanks!!

Our Adopted Sooner!

1980 - Offsite
1990 - Offsite
2009 - All Star Sports
2011 - All Star Sports
2014 - CSR - Hubby's first visit!

Old 01-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #3445
Brandy1210
Earning My Ears

I am new to this site but have found a ton of great information so far. I am taking my husband and son to Disney world as a surprise for their birthdays in May. I would like to order a mini cake for my husband's 30th birthday that we will be celebrating at the Crystal Palace. When I contacted the Magic Kingdom cakes they wouldn't customize the mini cake at all for me. Is there somewhere else that will do a custom mini cake and still deliver to the Crystal Palace?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #3446
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Here I go again.......

In May we will be returning for our third trip this past year, second with the whole family, and while I was really on the fence about whether or not to order a cake after our last experience, since this may be our last Disney trip for a while I think I have to do it.

So, I have a few questions for the experts. First, does anyone know in what restaurants you can't use the TiW card on the cake? CRT did not allow me to use it and told me its because they are a special dining experience. Which makes zero sense to me since they accept the card for the meal portion of what they charge to dine there. But whatever. So is it just CRT or would this be the case for all character meals? Any others? Or is it maybe because its Signature Dining? Since I'm going for a pricier cake this time I don't want to miss out on the discount.

For a recap, last May I had two fabulous cakes done by Chef Brian. As a cake lover, tastewise, these cakes were amazing! So I tried to order a cake from them for me and my son in November and it was NOTHING like the cakes we had prior. It was a grocery store premade on the shelf type of cake and I don't want to get one like it again.

So my thoughts were to possibly go bigger, definitely more layers at least, add a filling, and maybe do a fancy painted chocolate figure. (The cake I didn't like was only a 2 layer 6 inch marble with vanilla frosting and it appeared they took a premade cake and slapped some flowers and a lighted castle on top). Any other tips on how to make sure I really get a fresh, Contemporary bakery cake?

Thanks for all the pics and inspirations!

Heather

Old 01-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #3447
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can get the chocolate slipper at BOG? What about Chef Mickeys? I want to order one of these for my girls but not sure where I can get one. Last time we got it at CRT but we are not eating there this trip.

How much are they now?
Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #3448
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

Last edited by JEWLSVERN; 01-07-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:51 AM   #3449
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWLSVERN View Post
Does anyone know if you can get the chocolate slipper at BOG? What about Chef Mickeys? I want to order one of these for my girls but not sure where I can get one. Last time we got it at CRT but we are not eating there this trip.

How much are they now?
You can get it to any restaurant that is serviced by the Contemporary or Grand Floridian Cake Departments. This should include BOG too.You can definately get it at Chef Mickeys.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 01-08-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #3450
Trip 2 Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy1210 View Post
I am new to this site but have found a ton of great information so far. I am taking my husband and son to Disney world as a surprise for their birthdays in May. I would like to order a mini cake for my husband's 30th birthday that we will be celebrating at the Crystal Palace. When I contacted the Magic Kingdom cakes they wouldn't customize the mini cake at all for me. Is there somewhere else that will do a custom mini cake and still deliver to the Crystal Palace?
I have a similar question and situation. I contacted MK with my cake request and they are unable to make the mini cake I want. Another poster requested the same cake but ordered it from the AOA cake line which transferred her to the Yacht and Beach Club to order for room delivery. I'm wondering if the Yacht and Beach Club will deliver the cake to our dinner at Crystal Palace.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: