Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #331
Tharris550
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply, since you know a lot about different Disney Cakes, I was wondering if the process of Board Walk and Grand Floridian are close at all ? I already got all meals reserved and can't make room.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #332
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

The process for ordering or the process by which they make the cakes? If it's the latter, all the bakeries on property that make fancy cakes follow the same process. The difference seems to be in the level of detail and artistry that goes into the cakes. The Grand Floridian and Contemporary bakeries seem to have access to more "stuff" (or the ability to make stuff) like, for example, the skulls and bats and snakes and things you see on pirate and Haunted Mansion cakes. But I've seen some very elaborate cakes made by BoardWalk Bakery, so I don't think you have to worry if that's where the cake will be made. It just might not have as much of the stuff on it...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #333
jaleaton
I walked into a Target bathroom and it smelled like Disney World!

After lurking on this thread for awhile and looking through all the pictures, I decided I had to order a cake for my little brothers high school graduation celebration. The cake was ordered through the Yacht Club, and I ordered a 6" chocolate cake with white buttercream icing. Cakes final cost after tax / delivery was about $66. My little brother likes Star Wars and Vinylmation pins / figures, so I gave them that idea, as well as the images. I assumed they were just going to do an edible image, but they said they could do 2D images with white chocolate. Here is what they came up with...

My family said the cake was very tasty. Disney also surprised them with a white chocolate Mickey statue, and 4 tuxedo strawberries.
June 2006:Engaged at WDW, July 2007:Honeymoon at CBR, Oct. 2008:POFQ & 1st MNSSHP, Jan. 2009:OKW & VWL w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy, Oct. 2009: 1st Trip as DVC Members @ BLT w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy (Isabelle's 1st Trip), June 2010: AKL , May 2011: BLT, June 2011: OKW,November 2012: BLT (Juliet's 1st Trip) October 2013: BLT, January 2014: AKL,May 2014: Boardwalk,
Old 06-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #334
natter
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what days CakeMan Brian has off? I really want him to design/make a b-day cake for my 2 DS and I am in the process of changing a few of our ADRs around. Thought this would be good info to know before making that final change. Made a call to Contemporary cake line and waiting on a return call but thought I might get a faster answer here.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #335
lurkyloo

Tuesday & Wednesday
Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #336
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

I want to add the Her Royal Highness package to my daughter's birthday dinner at CRT in December. How much notice do I need to give them? The Cast Member I spoke to today at the Dining Hotline said I should book it now, but I'm afraid it will get lost in the shuffle.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 06-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #337
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Does anyone know if the Art of Animation has the mini celebration cakes in the food court like at Pop or All Stars???

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #338
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

I emailed Chef Brian anout a cake i wanted for my son's 6th birthday who is shark crazy. This is the reply i got from him.

Unfortunately we cannot accommodate a request for this cake.* I can do a shark 2 d image on white choc standing up on a 6” round cake that will feed up to 6 people the price would be $85. *Please call 407-824-2955 to place your order. Have a magical day!

Any suggestions on a possible alternative to who might be able to do this cake?

http://cakeheadlovesevil.files.wordp...thday-cake.jpg
Old 06-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #339
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Hhmmm... I guess you might say you want the stretching room portraits screen-printed on white chocolate and inserted into the top of the cake so they stand up. And you could say you want a screen print of the Haunted Mansion wallpaper wrapping around the sides of the cake. You could try asking to send photos of the cake(s) you're using for inspiration, but it's never certain whether she'll let you send any... It can also be good to be sure she knows you know it's going to cost a lot of money so she doesn't try to shut you down right off the bat.
Thanks! I am working on what I want to say - I will write it down so as not to get thrown off track.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #340
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygreb View Post

25th Wedding Anniversary May 23rd at The California Grill. Surprised husband with a 6inch marble cake with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla butter cream under fondant. The Mickey heads were solid milk and white chocolate and the silver buttons were chocolate candies
Cost $100

I emailed Brian a picture I drew and he made the cake from that. It was perfect and the cake was moist and tasty!

The whole evening was perfect we arrived at 7:45 for our 7:50 ADR and were seated immediately. Our waited did not rush us and the cake was delivered after Wishes along with complimentary champagne. We were there for 3 hours and the whole experience was wonderful and relaxing. Would do it again in a heartbeat!
Happy Anniversary! Your cake is amazing and I am so glad you both had a lovely evening celebrating!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #341
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
ToT cake I ordered from Boardwalk Bakery & was delivered to OKW villa.
It was a 10 inch, chocolate, white chocolate mousse filling & delicious! Price was $100.

Love this cake!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #342
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Just wanted to share that Pat at the GF called me back. She said she has a very nice Tinkerbell cake that they can make for my youngest DD's birthday. She mentioned that has green fondant with vines and flowers and they'll put a 3D white chocolate Tinkerbell as a topper. I wanted a 6" cake but she said it would have to be an 8" - no big deal I guess, just extra cake. What I really wanted to share was that I thought it was funny when I asked her if she had a picture of it that I could see and she told me to look on the DIS, because there was a lovely picture of what it looked like. If it's the one I'm thinking it is, it should be beautiful. Can't wait!
Too funny about looking on the Dis for a pic...but you are right - if it's the one cake I remember, it will be beautiful!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #343
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

I'm toying with the idea of having a mini cake or chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room for my birthday (little treat for me and DBF). I think I'd want what ever I get to be waiting for us after dinner... can you specify a time for delivery? I've never done private dinning before so not really sure how it works
Old 06-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #344
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHoodGirl View Post
I'm toying with the idea of having a mini cake or chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room for my birthday (little treat for me and DBF). I think I'd want what ever I get to be waiting for us after dinner... can you specify a time for delivery? I've never done private dinning before so not really sure how it works
Yes, you can specify the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
I want to add the Her Royal Highness package to my daughter's birthday dinner at CRT in December. How much notice do I need to give them? The Cast Member I spoke to today at the Dining Hotline said I should book it now, but I'm afraid it will get lost in the shuffle.
Me too! I'd call 2 or 3 weeks out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessreilly View Post
I emailed Chef Brian anout a cake i wanted for my son's 6th birthday who is shark crazy. This is the reply i got from him.

Unfortunately we cannot accommodate a request for this cake.* I can do a shark 2 d image on white choc standing up on a 6” round cake that will feed up to 6 people the price would be $85. *Please call 407-824-2955 to place your order. Have a magical day!

Any suggestions on a possible alternative to who might be able to do this cake?
I've only ever seen 3-D cakes done by the Grand Floridian and the Yacht & Beach Club, but I wonder if they might object to the blood gushing out of the shark's mouth. My advice is to try local bakery Sprinkles Cakes, which does lots of novelty groom's cakes. Dunno if they taste any good, but the price is guaranteed to be less than Disney's.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #345
goofygreb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
Happy Anniversary! Your cake is amazing and I am so glad you both had a lovely evening celebrating!!!
Thank You!

Oct.1997-Off site, Oct.1998-ASSP, Nov.1999-ASSP, Dec.2000- Dixie Landings,
Oct.2001-ASSP, Oct.2003-ASSP, Oct.2004-ASSP, July 2005-POFQ, Aug.2005-AKL,
Oct.2005-ASSP, Feb.2006-POFQ, Aug.2006-POFQ, May 2007-ASSP,
July 2007-POFQ, Nov.2007-POFQ, Aug. 2008-POFQ, Sept.2009-POFQ, Jan 2010-POFQ,
April 2010-POFQ, June 2011-POFQ May 2012-POFQ, Oct. 2013-POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: