Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #3211
darbry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicycrab View Post

I LOVE that cake! Where did you order it?
How much was this cake? Would love to have this for my daughters birthday coming up.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #3212
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Help with size/prices

I finally got an ADR for my trip next week in a MK resort so I'll be ordering a cake for our CRT lunch! So excited!

I had asked about the lighted white chocolate castle and it appears they will do it but I'm conflicted on what size to ask for. The mini is much too small. I want enough cake for DS and I to have some after lunch and still take some back to the resort.

Lurkyloo I think you mentioned it was too big for a mini tier cake, but we might be able to do a tiered cake 3 inch on top of 5 inch. Is that more or less cake than just a 6 inch? Any idea on price as well? I don't want to spend a ton of money but still want to get to experience a Disney cake this trip.

We will be doing just buttercream (not a fan of fondant) but may ask for marble flavor.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #3213
JediBonas
DIS Veteran

Just got back from Disney and our cakes turned out amazing! We have two two-tired mini cakes for my twins bday at Captain's Grill and they both came out adorable. Will try to post pics later.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #3214
Lisa75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiec View Post
Who do I need to complain too? I ordered a cake and they have no record of it so when I was expecting my nice mini wedding cake this past Sunday night you can bet I was surprised when all I got was a cup cake.... They said I was wrong I did not order a cake as thry have no record of it. I show the lady at chef mickeys my emails with Donald and all I got was well he's on vacation.....

I need to know who I can talk to.
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. It makes
me nervous as we have DS 2d bday cake ordered for Chef Mickeys in January. Had you called the cake line to order after your emails with Donald? I know I emailed with Heather then had to call the number to order.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #3215
mbarber
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if I can make changes to my cake that I've already ordered? We won't receive the cake until November 14!
2004 - off site
2006 - off site
2008 - All Star Music
2008 - off site
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - POR
2012 - CBR
2012 - AOA Little Mermaid Section
2013 - POFQ
Old 11-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #3216
JediBonas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa75 View Post

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. It makes
me nervous as we have DS 2d bday cake ordered for Chef Mickeys in January. Had you called the cake line to order after your emails with Donald? I know I emailed with Heather then had to call the number to order.
I had no problems with my twins cakes this past week. I ordered by phone a month in advanced and called to confirm just incase a week before.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #3217
staceywj
Mouseketeer

We are leaving Tom and just got resies at Be Our Guest and wondering how it works if we wanted a celebration cake or if there are any personalized celebration desserts? Any pics or prices? Thks for any help!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #3218
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarber View Post
Does anyone know if I can make changes to my cake that I've already ordered? We won't receive the cake until November 14!
You should be able to call & make changes. Do it quick though

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #3219
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran

Can I get the Cinderella slipper dessert at BOG? Also what is the latest price on this?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #3220
SilentK
Mouseketeer

Just a quick update on my ToT mini cake for anyone interested. Apparently I can have Vanilla sponge with Peanut Butter Mousse filling, no suitcase as the Cake is too small.

Bit disappointed about the suitcase but I think I will go ahead and call the order through next week.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #3221
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Well I'm a bit disappointed but not giving up yet. I emailed MK Cakes to inquire about ording a cake for next weeks trip. For one they told me that Marble is not an option? Just vanilla or chocolate and the only fillers are vanilla or chocolate buttercream or mousse? We just had a cake from them in May that was Marble with fresh strawberries and had no problem ordering it.

I also asked about doing a 3" on top of 5" tiered cake with the castle w/lights and they said that isn't an option for size. That I can do a 6" cake or a 6 over 8 tiered. Yikes! Way too much for the two of us.

I emailed them back asking if I would do better to try elsewhere or go straight through the contemporary. I can't imagine with all the flavored cakes I've seen here that her info is correct. Or is it because it's CRT? Is that still the Contemporary bakery? If it's an issue of restaurant I can have it somewhere else.

Heather

Old 11-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #3222
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceywj View Post
We are leaving Tom and just got resies at Be Our Guest and wondering how it works if we wanted a celebration cake or if there are any personalized celebration desserts? Any pics or prices? Thks for any help!
You can ask for a 6-inch Celebration (a.k.a. "podium" in DIS parlance) cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla when you check in for your reservation. For anything else you'd need to go through the MK cakes email posted on the first page of this thread—they're pretty good about responding within a day, but I dunno how much time you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentK View Post
Just a quick update on my ToT mini cake for anyone interested. Apparently I can have Vanilla sponge with Peanut Butter Mousse filling, no suitcase as the Cake is too small.

Bit disappointed about the suitcase but I think I will go ahead and call the order through next week.
I'm glad you were able to get closer to what you wanted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Well I'm a bit disappointed but not giving up yet. I emailed MK Cakes to inquire about ording a cake for next weeks trip. For one they told me that Marble is not an option? Just vanilla or chocolate and the only fillers are vanilla or chocolate buttercream or mousse? We just had a cake from them in May that was Marble with fresh strawberries and had no problem ordering it.
I believe this is because they are trying to standardize the offerings in the MK (all restaurants) that can be provided by an outside vendor, instead of having the Contemporary custom-make every single cake someone orders for the MK. However, if you let them know that you want a custom cake, they should put your order through to the Contemporary, which would enable you to get different flavors and possibly that 3" on a 5" (unless Chef Brian took those pans with him when he moved on! )
Old 11-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #3223
lcvb
Mouseketeer

Has anyone done this or does anyone know if you can get fondant cut outs ( such as circles) on a cake that is just buttercream icing not fondant covered? Also I would like a bow made of fondant as a topper on the cake and fondant beading around the bottom but have the cake itself just iced in buttercream. I am ordering for at CRT. Hopefully that made sense to someone out there!

Old 11-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #3224
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I believe this is because they are trying to standardize the offerings in the MK (all restaurants) that can be provided by an outside vendor, instead of having the Contemporary custom-make every single cake someone orders for the MK. However, if you let them know that you want a custom cake, they should put your order through to the Contemporary, which would enable you to get different flavors and possibly that 3" on a 5" (unless Chef Brian took those pans with him when he moved on! )
I think you are exactly right. I emailed back letting them know I had the Marble a few months ago and that I know Contemporary has offered that size in tiered and just asked is this was new policy or if I'd have better luck going through the Contemporary. She basically said they were trying to make things easier for guests by having MK handle the orders and make them simpler but they can contact the bakery to see about other options.

After all that though the $120 price tag for a 3 on 5 tiered cake is a bit more than I can justify spending on a cake for just me and my 5 year old. Going to see about a 6 inch instead.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #3225
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvb View Post
Has anyone done this or does anyone know if you can get fondant cut outs ( such as circles) on a cake that is just buttercream icing not fondant covered? Also I would like a bow made of fondant as a topper on the cake and fondant beading around the bottom but have the cake itself just iced in buttercream. I am ordering for at CRT. Hopefully that made sense to someone out there!
I posted a cake photo a few pages back that was buttercream frosting with fondant pumkinheads on top and other chocolate/fondant details on it ... so what you want can likely be done. We ordered through Chef Donald at CR, I think they handle specialty cakes for MK.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: