Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #3151
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Any tips / advice for BoardWalk Inn cake ordering? I'm looking for a cake to get delivered to the room. Wondering if I've left it too late -- need a cake for next week either the 27th or 28th.

I called their private dining number but the person fielding the questions had to keep putting me on hold for the answers, then eventually just asked me to call back to speak to someone else. I'm looking for a small, Halloween-themed birthday cake. Only 3 of us... so it didn't need to be a massive cake (one of which is a 6 year old whose eyes are bigger than her stomach. )

Not even sure if this is possible.
It's not too late. A 2-tier minicake might be enough for you, if you can reign in the 6-year-old. There was one posted a few pages back that was done in orange and purple buttercream that might be a good Halloween cake.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #3152
pharp31
Earning My Ears

I have a question my DH left a message to order a cake from GF on 10/16 and he's still waiting for a call back from them... Is this normal? Should he call back? Thanking you in advance .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #3153
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

When is the cakr supposed to be delivered?

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #3154
pharp31
Earning My Ears

I think he wanted it for 10/30 because we have an ADR at the GF....
Old 10-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #3155
pharp31
Earning My Ears

I think he wants it for 10/30 since we have an ADR at 1900 that evening. Sorry double post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #3156
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

This thread has been great for getting ideas on cakes. My mom and I are planning a trip down to WDW in December. I wanted to give her a day that is all about her since she's done some much for me over the years. We will be staying at the GF and I got her a Keys to the Kingdom tour and we will be dining at Victoria and Alberts. Does anyone know if cakes can be delivered to Victoria and Alberts for dessert?

Since we've spent so much time at WDW over the years I thought about getting a custom cake to celebrate our memories. I was thinking of using bits and pieces from rides that no longer exist like Mr. Toad and Horizons. Does anyone think this is possible? I worry that if I mention those rides no one is going to know what I'm talking about.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #3157
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharp31 View Post
I have a question my DH left a message to order a cake from GF on 10/16 and he's still waiting for a call back from them... Is this normal? Should he call back? Thanking you in advance .
Someone mentioned that the person who usually takes cake orders has been out of the office. I'd call back and speak to someone to confirm the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
This thread has been great for getting ideas on cakes. My mom and I are planning a trip down to WDW in December. I wanted to give her a day that is all about her since she's done some much for me over the years. We will be staying at the GF and I got her a Keys to the Kingdom tour and we will be dining at Victoria and Alberts. Does anyone know if cakes can be delivered to Victoria and Alberts for dessert?
V&A's is the one place you can't get a pre-made "podium cake," but I don't know if that means they can't serve any cakes there. If you're staying at the GF, why not just have it delivered to your room? Then you don't even have to carry it.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #3158
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
V&A's is the one place you can't get a pre-made "podium cake," but I don't know if that means they can't serve any cakes there. If you're staying at the GF, why not just have it delivered to your room? Then you don't even have to carry it.
I didn't even think of that. Our dinner reservations are at 5:00pm and I heard dinner at V&A can be a few hours. Do you think the cake would keep if I had it delivered to our room during our dinner? I want it to be a surprise when she walks through the door. I've never planned anything like this before and I tend to over think things.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #3159
lurkyloo

Oh you can *never* overthink when it comes to Disney! Dinner does last several hours at V&As - you might want to schedule the cake to arrive toward the end of dinner, just so it isn't sitting out too long. Maybe 2 or 2 1/2 hours after your reservation time?
Old 10-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #3160
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh you can *never* overthink when it comes to Disney! Dinner does last several hours at V&As - you might want to schedule the cake to arrive toward the end of dinner, just so it isn't sitting out too long. Maybe 2 or 2 1/2 hours after your reservation time?
Sounds like 7:00-7:30 might be a good time then. Now I just need to figure out how to get my vague idea across to the right people. If you are having a cake delivered to the room, do they charge the room or can I put it on a separate card? I don't want my mom to have to buy her own cake.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #3161
lurkyloo

Unfortunately they do charge it to the room, and even if you try to give them a separate credit card to charge, it usually winds up on the hotel bill anyway. Can you give your mom a Disney gift card that she can use to pay that part of the bill when she checks out? She doesn't even have to know how much it's for...
Old 10-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #3162
pharp31
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="lurkyloo;49907205"] Someone mentioned that the person who usually takes cake orders has been out of the office. I'd call back and speak to someone to confirm the cake.

Thanks I will tell him
Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #3163
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Unfortunately they do charge it to the room, and even if you try to give them a separate credit card to charge, it usually winds up on the hotel bill anyway. Can you give your mom a Disney gift card that she can use to pay that part of the bill when she checks out? She doesn't even have to know how much it's for...
I have been getting Disney gift cards over the past couple of weeks so I'll just add them to the stack she has and tell her not to look at the bill.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #3164
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
I have been getting Disney gift cards over the past couple of weeks so I'll just add them to the stack she has and tell her not to look at the bill.
When I placed my recent cake order from CR, delivered to BLT on October 10, I specifically asked that it be charged to my CC. The CM said they could just charge it to the room, but when I asked if it could just be charged directly, he said it wouldn't be a problem. He had to take the CC info as a guarantee anyway, so it didn't create extra work I don't think. The credit card receipt was folded discretely but obviously on the cake delivery tray. Not sure if the GF would do the same, but it can't hurt to ask.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #3165
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
When I placed my recent cake order from CR, delivered to BLT on October 10, I specifically asked that it be charged to my CC. The CM said they could just charge it to the room, but when I asked if it could just be charged directly, he said it wouldn't be a problem. He had to take the CC info as a guarantee anyway, so it didn't create extra work I don't think. The credit card receipt was folded discretely but obviously on the cake delivery tray. Not sure if the GF would do the same, but it can't hurt to ask.
Thanks for the info. I was planning on asking just in case they could charge it separately.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: