Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #3136
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
Here are some photos of the cake Chef Donald and his team from the CR made for my sister's birthday last week.

The cake was delivered to our villa at BLT - complete with plates, cutlery, and serving tool. Total cost (included tax, gratuity, transportation fee) was $80 ... base cake quote was $68.

8" white cake (was supposed to be marble, but oh well), white chocolate mousse filling, chocolate buttercream icing, fondant mickey heads. All decorations (leaves, spider webs, ghosts) were edible, except for the spiders ... they were plastic.

The cake was delicious and we were very pleased with how it looked. (I had sent in a few different photos and Chef Donald and his team did a great job of combining the different elements into one cake.)
That is seriously a whole lot of adorable in a cake!

Follow my PTR

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49906424#post49906424
Old 10-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #3137
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWLSVERN View Post
We are going to

Chef Mickey
Ohana
WCC
Mama Melrose
Akerhaus
Coral Reef

Which one of these can I get the chocolate slipper at?
as much as I know-- Cinderella's Royal Table and 1900 Park Fair
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #3138
courtneybelle
DIS Veteran

A little delayed, but I wanted to share the cake I ordered for my mom when we had dinner at 1900 Park Fare! Chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, and purple frosting. I ordered it from Pat at GF and thought she was really sweet. She got back to me 24 hours after I left a message. The service wasn't great there, as the lady at the front desk told my mom that there would be a cake (it was supposed to be a surprise) and then the waitress forgot to bring out the cake (only remembering when she brought over our check and then looked to see there was a cake on the bill). I believe I was quoted $35 but they comped the cake because of the service issues. I thought it was delicious and I was so excited about the color-changing light inside the castle! It was small, but perfect for us because we wanted to check out the dessert buffet in addition to the cake. The cake was definitely the best thing we ate there, though!

Old 10-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #3139
smiths02
DIS Veteran

So are the mini cakes the size of a large cupcake (like Starring Rolls Butterfinger cupcake)?
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for a Poly dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
Old 10-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #3140
flea1267
DIS Veteran

so is the castle plastic, like you can keep it for a "keepsake"?

Old 10-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #3141
courtneybelle
DIS Veteran

Yes, I would say roughly the size of a Starring Rolls cupcake. The castle is actually white chocolate. There was a small light inside to make it change color.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #3142
flea1267
DIS Veteran

Thanks CourtneyBelle! We are getting one on Friday so I was curious

Old 10-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #3143
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

I have been looking at that cake for one my twins 4th birthday and epcot wanted to charge me over $50 for it yet gf its around 35 :-(
Old 10-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #3144
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

At WDW, Disney uses what they refer to as a "traditional" buttercream. I find it to be less Crisco-y than what you'd get from a supermarket bakery but more textured than the Chantilly buttercream used by Aulani and Disneyland (which tastes like straight unsalted butter to me). Can't speak to Disney's whipped cream frosting cuz I can't stand the stuff!

Thanks for that, LurkeyLoo!
Old 10-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #3145
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

I am wanting to order a traditional mickey delight cake for my sister's birthday. I only want a 6 inch vanilla/vanilla with no fondant just buttercream. Anyone know if it is possible to do that at the Boardwalk Bakery. I know they do it for weddings but I'm just wondering if they will say it is too small of a cake.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #3146
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure the Mickey delight cake requires fondant for the mickey head stamp? I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen it done on just buttercream.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Old 10-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #3147
CakeManBri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
I'm pretty sure the Mickey delight cake requires fondant for the mickey head stamp? I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen it done on just buttercream.
Yes Mickey delight requires fondant. You can't stamp the Mickey's on buttercream.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #3148
fauntleroy53
If It Weren't For My Mood Swings I Wouldn't Get Any Exercise At All

Hi everyone,
I've read through all of over 200 pages and made lots of "saves" of pics.
But I couldn't find the answer to this(of course, I could have missed seeing it also, with all this great info on the thread).

Can I get a cake with the Country Bears as a theme or would that have license issues? Not sure why they would, but I try never to assume.
DH & I will be at the CBR 11/7-12th so we can participate in the F & W 5k on the 9th. Halloween is DH's birthday, but I'm pretty sure he's done with having Halloween cakes over the years. Even though it'll be past his b-day, he has no idea Disney makes custom cakes, so having one belated b-day cake delivered to our room would be a huge surprise. He loves the Country Bears, so I'm hoping I could get a cake with "The Boys" as a theme. I'm thinking at least a 6" so it could accommodate a decent amount of design. Leftovers are fine.
Working off of a poor memory, I think I'll be dealing with the Boardwalk Bakery.........
What's their track record with probably not asked too often designs?
Thanks!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #3149
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauntleroy53 View Post

Can I get a cake with the Country Bears as a theme or would that have license issues? Not sure why they would, but I try never to assume.
DH & I will be at the CBR 11/7-12th so we can participate in the F & W 5k on the 9th. Halloween is DH's birthday, but I'm pretty sure he's done with having Halloween cakes over the years. Even though it'll be past his b-day, he has no idea Disney makes custom cakes, so having one belated b-day cake delivered to our room would be a huge surprise. He loves the Country Bears, so I'm hoping I could get a cake with "The Boys" as a theme. I'm thinking at least a 6" so it could accommodate a decent amount of design. Leftovers are fine.
Working off of a poor memory, I think I'll be dealing with the Boardwalk Bakery.........
What's their track record with probably not asked too often designs?
Thanks!
For CBR you need to place the order through CBR, not BoardWalk Bakery, even though they're the ones making it. There are no licensing issues with Country Bears because they are a wholly Disney-created property. Unless you are very specific with ideas and pictures, they are probably just going to suggest a screen print of the Country Bears on top of an 8-inch cake (and even if that's OK with you, you might want to help them out by digging up the image you want).
Old 10-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #3150
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Any tips / advice for BoardWalk Inn cake ordering? I'm looking for a cake to get delivered to the room. Wondering if I've left it too late -- need a cake for next week either the 27th or 28th.

I called their private dining number but the person fielding the questions had to keep putting me on hold for the answers, then eventually just asked me to call back to speak to someone else. I'm looking for a small, Halloween-themed birthday cake. Only 3 of us... so it didn't need to be a massive cake (one of which is a 6 year old whose eyes are bigger than her stomach. )

Not even sure if this is possible.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: