Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #3076
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessK30 View Post
We have reservations for the Fantasmic dinner package at Hollywood and Vine on the night of my daughters 1st birthday and would like to order a special cake....can anyone tell me where the cake comes from and what my options are?
See Post #2, under "Disney's Hollywood Studios."

Quote:
Originally Posted by acummings81 View Post
My questions are: 1) Should we do an anniversary or birthday cake? 2) Should we get it from BLT or have it Le Cellier the evening of my mom's birthday?
I always prefer delivery directly to my resort room so I don't have to schlep leftover cake home from a park. Additionally, you may have an easier time getting what you want from the Contemporary's pastry team b/c they have so much more experience (though Epcot has stepped up its game recently).
Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #3077
amy hood
Earning My Ears

Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&AllisMom View Post
That was me Our trip is 10/18 - 10/28, I will post when we return.
So looking forward to seeing it. Enjoy your trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #3078
amy hood
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&AllisMom View Post
That was me Our trip is 10/18 - 10/28, I will post when we return.
Looking forward to seeing your pics. Enjoy your trip.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #3079
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

For anyone that has had a cake delivered to their room, was there an extra charge for this? And how much was it?
Old 10-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #3080
Becky925
Mouseketeer

This is my Haunted Mansion themed mini cake that my mom ordered from CR to be delivered to the Crystal Palace for my birthday. She told me the price was $65.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #3081
amy hood
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!

Epic cake lol. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #3082
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky925 View Post
This is my Haunted Mansion themed mini cake that my mom ordered from CR to be delivered to the Crystal Palace for my birthday. She told me the price was $65.
[IMG][/IMG]
That's awesome!! My sisters boyfriend had me order a Tangled themed Mini Cake from Boardwalk Bakery for my her (he has to leave our trip early for work) so he wanted to surpirse her and have it delivered to the BC on the 23rd after he left as a surprise so I'm sure there will be a delivery fee. Will take pictures. I was quoted $65 too. The theming alone was $30 extra but he said she deserved it. He's a good guy.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #3083
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1980 View Post
For anyone that has had a cake delivered to their room, was there an extra charge for this? And how much was it?
The standard room service charges of 18% gratuity, $3 delivery fee and 6.5% sales tax apply.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #3084
lcvb
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have the dimensions of a mini cake? Or something to use as reference for size. The pictures are always close up so I'm sure it's looks a lot larger than it actually is. Thanks

Old 10-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #3085
lurkyloo

Here's a pic I took of a mini cake next to a single-serve milk carton for reference:

And this pic of a two-tier mini cake shows it next to a bread plate that offers a bit of scale...

Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #3086
lcvb
Mouseketeer

Thanks. That helps. They are fairly small. I'm trying to decide between a two-tier mini cake or a six inch. There are four of us. 2 adults and 2 kids. We are celebrating my DDs 10th birthday. Dinner will be at CRT so I'm going to have the cake delivered there.

I still have 3 months to go but could use some advice as to when to order the cake. We want the cake on January 14. Should I wait until after New Years to order it?

Old 10-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #3087
lurkyloo

A two-tier mini cake is definitely not enough to feed 4, even if 2 of them are kids. I would probably wait til the New Year to order just so that it didn't get lost in the holiday rush—like maybe til Jan. 4?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #3088
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvb View Post
Thanks. That helps. They are fairly small. I'm trying to decide between a two-tier mini cake or a six inch. There are four of us. 2 adults and 2 kids. We are celebrating my DDs 10th birthday. Dinner will be at CRT so I'm going to have the cake delivered there. I still have 3 months to go but could use some advice as to when to order the cake. We want the cake on January 14. Should I wait until after New Years to order it?
I am getting two cakes for our upcoming trip. At YC, the 2 tier mini was $80 and the 6" was $85. At CR, the 2 tier mini was $80 and the 6" was $68. Went with a 6" at both places and there are 5 of us. I didn't realize how mini the mini cakes were until I just saw the recently posted pictures. Glad I went with the 6"!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #3089
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvb View Post
Thanks. That helps. They are fairly small. I'm trying to decide between a two-tier mini cake or a six inch. There are four of us. 2 adults and 2 kids. We are celebrating my DDs 10th birthday. Dinner will be at CRT so I'm going to have the cake delivered there. I still have 3 months to go but could use some advice as to when to order the cake. We want the cake on January 14. Should I wait until after New Years to order it?
I called the beginning of October for October 25 and 29 deliveries.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #3090
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohler2009 View Post
Went with a 6" at both places and there are 5 of us. I didn't realize how mini the mini cakes were until I just saw the recently posted pictures. Glad I went with the 6"!!!
Yeah, the mini cakes are supposedly really only for one person, though even we inveterate sugar fans find them a bit rich to finish solo. I usually choose mini cakes so there won't leftovers, but when the price starts to get up aroundor even more thanthat of a 6-inch cake that could easily feed 6 people, it kinda makes you think...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: