Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #3031
donnamk123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxazul View Post
Where can we get the slipper dessert delivered to in MK ? is it only CRT ?
The slipper dessert is only available at CRT in Magic Kingdom and you can get it at 1900 Park Fare and I think at CR, not positive about that one or where at there though.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #3032
amy hood
Earning My Ears

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Yes, several people on this thread have special-ordered cakes for BOG. See "Contemporary Resort" in post #2 of this thread for options and pricing. Note that Disney does not offer yellow cake—it's vanilla cake. Fresh strawberries are one of the filling options.
thanks so much. Email sent and I eagerly wait for a reply. Thanks again
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #3033
jesster
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a mini-castle on a larger sized cake, rather than a mini?

I'd like to order than for DS's bday, but only if we could at least get a 6" cake (we all love cake :D!). We're staying at CR, and I'll have it delivered to the room. TIA!

Just wrapped up our POR + CR TPV CL trip! Dreaming of the next one...
Old 10-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #3034
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I don't see why not—it just may look out of scale on a larger cake. Be sure they know you want the mini castle cake topper, not the "small" castle cake topper, which is what they put on most wedding cakes and costs $100+.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #3035
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how much the painted chip & dale chocolate characters are?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #3036
jesster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I don't see why not—it just may look out of scale on a larger cake. Be sure they know you want the mini castle cake topper, not the "small" castle cake topper, which is what they put on most wedding cakes and costs $100+.
Thank you for that tip! I will definitely make sure to be extra clear about that! Yikes!

I'm going to bring the #7 and stars candle set (the ones on the long toothpicks) from Party City to add to the cake, so hopefully those will take up some of the extra space on the top!

Yay! Thanks again!

Just wrapped up our POR + CR TPV CL trip! Dreaming of the next one...
Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #3037
skitch23
Earning My Ears

Hi. New to the site and haven't figured out how to effectively search from the app yet so this may be mentioned somewhere upthread.... I emailed MK cakes yesterday and they sent me back the price sheet and the cakes are now $23 for a 6", $35 for an 8" and $52 for a Mickey head. Not sure about the larger cakes but I'd imagine their prices went up as well. Hopefully the OP can update the first post with the new prices.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #3038
lurkyloo

... And 10-inch cakes now cost $49.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitch23 View Post
Hi. New to the site and haven't figured out how to effectively search from the app yet so this may be mentioned somewhere upthread.... I emailed MK cakes yesterday and they sent me back the price sheet and the cakes are now $23 for a 6", $35 for an 8" and $52 for a Mickey head. Not sure about the larger cakes but I'd imagine their prices went up as well. Hopefully the OP can update the first post with the new prices.
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like Disney took the start of their fiscal year as an opportunity to raise these prices for the first time in several years. I've updated the first posts.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #3039
lurkyloo

Oh, and another thing I learned when I called to confirm is that custom cake orders now require 72 hours' notice, across the board. (Some places used to be able to accommodate requests within 48 hours.)
Old 10-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #3040
NicoleLarson
Mouseketeer

Perhaps I have gone completely insane but I thought that I saw a Rapunzel mini cake on here but now I can't seem to find it. I can't remember what was @ the top but it had her hair spiraling down the cake. I did find the one with the sun dial @ the top with the pink draping but that's not the one I was thinking of. Anyways if anyone has a pic of the one I'm thinking of could you please post it or PM me. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #3041
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLarson View Post
Perhaps I have gone completely insane but I thought that I saw a Rapunzel mini cake on here but now I can't seem to find it. I can't remember what was @ the top but it had her hair spiraling down the cake. I did find the one with the sun dial @ the top with the pink draping but that's not the one I was thinking of. Anyways if anyone has a pic of the one I'm thinking of could you please post it or PM me. Thanks!
It might have been mine, it had her braid with flowers and a tiara on top. Will repost pic and see if that is what you need

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
Old 10-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #3042
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Is this it? I ordered from AOA which works with I believe yacht club, I sent some pics and this is what they came up with. Was $45, got a little melty cause we were late for when they delivered it, but it was still beautiful and so tasty.

DLP- September 2013
Old 10-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #3043
NicoleLarson
Mouseketeer

I do like that (a lot) and the tiara with the flowers is beautiful but that's not exactly what I had in mind. What did you tell them that you wanted? I think I can definitely use this as inspiration. Thx so much!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #3044
margareton27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I do like that (a lot) and the tiara with the flowers is beautiful but that's not exactly what I had in mind. What did you tell them that you wanted? I think I can definitely use this as inspiration. Thx so much!
Sorry I can't seem to get a picture linked here with my ipad but here is a link to a rapunzel cake by disney. Not a mini cake but it might be a starting point for ideas. Hope it helps. https://www.disneyweddings.com/ever-...isney-tangled/
Old 10-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #3045
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

I asked originally for lantern scene but they were having issues with mini cakes. So I asked for purple cake with her braid and flowers

DLP- September 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: