Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #3001
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

I emailed the Contemporary about a 2 tier mini cake on Wednesday and haven't heard back yet. Hoping to get a response today!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #3002
elliececil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
We are having lunch at the Wave 10/31 and I wondered about ordering a mini cake that is Haunted Mansion themed or possibly a Halloween theme. Anyone know if there is a chance I could get something like that?
I've got one on order - mini cake - Chef Donald at the Contemporary said $50 - for later this month.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/104258265@N07

Had some issues getting the image to work so just put in the link.
Once on flicker page click on it to make it larger.
Mini cake, chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and smooth chocolate buttercream icing.

Last edited by elliececil; 10-04-2013 at 03:43 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #3003
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
That cake is sooooo cute!!
Thanks. I might also add that it was a chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling. I asked for a cake in Halloween colors and for a Mickey witches hat for the top. We were very pleased.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #3004
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdid23 View Post
I emailed the Contemporary about a 2 tier mini cake on Wednesday and haven't heard back yet. Hoping to get a response today!
I did the same thing, and then I called and left a message today. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Thanks. I might also add that it was a chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling. I asked for a cake in Halloween colors and for a Mickey witches hat for the top. We were very pleased.
If I can't get a Haunted Mansion theme, a fun Halloween theme would also be great. Your cake looked and sounds yummy!

Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #3005
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohler2009 View Post
Am I crazy to pay $80 for a 2 tier mini cake to be designed like this? The flavor would be white cake with white chocolate mousse & fresh strawberry filling. And tinkerbell would be a 2D edible topper.
Heard back from YCBC and for $5 more I can do this as a 6" cake. That makes me feel a little bit better about spending $85 on cake, hahaha!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #3006
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliececil View Post
I've got one on order - mini cake - Chef Donald at the Contemporary said $50 - for later this month.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/104258265@N07

Had some issues getting the image to work so just put in the link.
Once on flicker page click on it to make it larger.
Mini cake, chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and smooth chocolate buttercream icing.
That was a great looking cake!! I am getting so excited to order mine!!

Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #3007
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

2nd Custom Cake from Early September 2013 Trip

Here is the second of the two custom cakes we had made while on vacation at WDW in early September (the first was the cake I posted earlier in this thread - Donald Duck and The Cabelleros 30th Birthday Cake).

Size: 8 inch
Flavor: White cake with vanilla buttercream (both as filing and between the cake and the layer of fondant)
Cost: $95 - price was for cake and white chocolate topper touched with gold accents (plus tax and 18% automatic gratuity for in room delivery
Review: Out of the two cakes we ordered, we much preferred the taste of the white cake over the chocolate cake. This one was soooooooo delicious - very fresh-tasting and very moist. I originally asked for hand-piped buttercream roses rather than the pre-made ones, but I think that request got lost or was misunderstood. You will notice the writing on the cake board itself was smudged. We weren't in the room when the cake was delivered and it was left in our refrigerator, so I think the smudging happened on the way in to the fridge. Overall, we were very happy with the cake especially the taste and based on the experiences we had with both cakes that we ordered, we would certainly order from YC/BC again in the future.

One question for all the cake experts out there, I asked for the anniversary white chocolate Mickey and Minnie, but YC/BC Private Dining told me that only wedding Mickey and Minnie was available. I said that would be fine because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary (and I really did think the topper was adorable, just like the Donald topper from our first cake, I was able to package it up and bring it home). Is this the "normal" Mickey/Minnie topper that people get on their anniversary cakes?

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!

Last edited by mrsclark; 10-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #3008
kaharris83
Earning My Ears

These cakes are beautiful!!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #3009
kaharris83
Earning My Ears

My youngest is turning 1 during our trip and I'm trying to figure out how to get him a cake. We are staying at Shades of Green so I doubt we can get one delivered there, right? I've seen pictures of Mickey head cakes, do you have to order those or are they available at certain places all the time? I don't know that we will do a table service meal with my 1 year old.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #3010
Kimmy2Disney
Can't wait to be back in the world!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
My youngest is turning 1 during our trip and I'm trying to figure out how to get him a cake. We are staying at Shades of Green so I doubt we can get one delivered there, right? I've seen pictures of Mickey head cakes, do you have to order those or are they available at certain places all the time? I don't know that we will do a table service meal with my 1 year old.
I'm not sure about delivery options at SOG, but when my dd turned 2 in July I ordered her a cake from the boardwalk bakery and picked it up. We were staying at AKL but wanted it from here, we got a Minnie head cake (pretty much Mickey with eyelashes and a bow, lol) for around $45. We had our car so it was an easy pickup. I ordered it a few days in advance because I wanted the Minnie and writing on the base, but I think they have same day Mickey heads available.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #3011
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohler2009 View Post

Heard back from YCBC and for $5 more I can do this as a 6" cake. That makes me feel a little bit better about spending $85 on cake, hahaha!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Awesome!
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 10-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #3012
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

Are some of the fillings (chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries, for example) more expensive than others? I'm debating whether or not we need a $70 mini cake... and wondering if changing the filling to something standard would lower the price?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #3013
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

Also, has anyone used small figurines on the cakes? These play sets seem to be the right scale: http://m.disneystore.com/alice-in-wo...77638/1000262/

Has anyone had any luck dropping off a figurine and having it put on the cake before the cake is delivered to the table?
Old 10-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #3014
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdid23 View Post
Also, has anyone used small figurines on the cakes? These play sets seem to be the right scale: http://m.disneystore.com/alice-in-wo...77638/1000262/

Has anyone had any luck dropping off a figurine and having it put on the cake before the cake is delivered to the table?
I could be wrong but I don't think they can do this for health reasons. Instead, you can ask them to leave space open on the top of the cake and then add the figures yourself when the cake is delivered.

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #3015
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Just sent my email

Well I finally decided... I sent a picture of all of my ideas to the contemporary cake email. I have asked for a custom 8 inch chocolate cake with 2 layers of peanut butter cream cheese filling. This is the cake that I have asked for. I asked for a banner to be added saying Happy Birthday Jen and I also asked to remove the tassels and add mickey heads hanging instead. I then asked for the Jim Shore MIckey and Minnie xmas figurine to be added to the top with the xmas tree. I am not sure if they will do this but this figurine is a Disney figurine available hopefully on property. I also offered to purchase the figuring through Disney and special mail order to the chef. I am hoping they can make this work for me. It will be the only time in my life I will ever celebrate my actual birthday at Disney!
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: