Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #2866
ashn
Earning My Ears

New to posting on the boards however have been reading them for years and have ordered several cakes. My most recent cake is ordered for Sept 27. I too ordered from Pat and had no difficulties. She is off on Mondays as the answering machine states and returned my call this past Tuesday night at 9 pm. They are very busy however she was attentive to what I asked for and offered different ideas. Can't wait to see our cake and am very happy with the service I received!

Don't sweat the small stuff...It's all small stuff!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #2867
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashn View Post
New to posting on the boards however have been reading them for years and have ordered several cakes. My most recent cake is ordered for Sept 27. I too ordered from Pat and had no difficulties. She is off on Mondays as the answering machine states and returned my call this past Tuesday night at 9 pm. They are very busy however she was attentive to what I asked for and offered different ideas. Can't wait to see our cake and am very happy with the service I received!

Don't sweat the small stuff...It's all small stuff!
I am glad that Pat was good to work with for you, but I don't think this is small stuff when you pay that kind of price for a cake. I just want to make sure that I get the cake just the way I ordered it. I don't think that is to much to ask. I did know she was off on Monday, but I then should have received a call Tuesday or at least an email.

Trips: Many before DS, 2013- DS 1st trip Poly CL, 2014-BLT LV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #2868
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclark View Post
So excited - just finalized my cake plans with YC/BC Private Dining.

For my 30th birthday cake I am getting an 8" chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream on the outside. It will then be covered with blue fondant. The cake will be themed around The Gran Fiesta boat ride at Epcot with hand piped fireworks and balloons (like in the grand finale of the ride). It will be topped with a white chocolate fully hand-painted Donald. Quoted price is $230 (we are having it delivered to our room). Almost half of the price is from the painting of Donald, but I couldn't resist for a birthday milestone!

For our 6th wedding anniversary cake we are getting an 8" white cake with vanilla buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream on the outside. It will be covered in red fondant. On the sides, white hearts of various sizes will be piped on. On the top we will have a Mickey and Minnie white chocolate topper with gold accents surrounded by red and white roses (our wedding flowers). This cake was quoted at $95 and we are also having it delivered to the room.

I plan to share photos when we get back!
Just returned from our trip today. Both of the cakes I outlined above turned out beautifully and I will post photos in the next few days. Just wanted to note that while GF and CR seem to get a lot of the attention hereon the thread (for good reason i am sure!), i wanted to give some love and a shout out to YC/BC. They were extremely easy and pleasant to work with. They called me back when they said they would, took detailed instructions from me, made suggestions as to what would look best on the cake and delivered on what they promised. The Donald cake was three layers and extremely rich, so rich that it was hard to eat more than a very small slice at one sitting. The anniversary cake was a two layer and of the two we much preferred the taste of the white cake - super super yummy!

Also, because we drove and had room for a cooler, I was able to bring the white chocolate toppers home with me!

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #2869
jamala
Mouseketeer

This time next week I will be enjoying my vanilla cake with custard filling from CR in our room at Wilderness lodge. I gave them all free decorating range and said I just want wilderness lodge themed cake with hidden mickeys. Can any of you think of anything I should be sure they add to make it over the top? It will have a banner that says "thank you daddy" on the cake.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #2870
AuroraRora
Princess

Looking at the first page of this thread, it says Pop Century has 6-inch standard vanilla cakes for $21 - does anyone know if that's something that needs to be specially ordered? I could swear I read somewhere that basic cakes were on sale without pre-order at the food court, but maybe I'm wrong.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 09-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #2871
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclark View Post
Just returned from our trip today. Both of the cakes I outlined above turned out beautifully and I will post photos in the next few days. Just wanted to note that while GF and CR seem to get a lot of the attention hereon the thread (for good reason i am sure!), i wanted to give some love and a shout out to YC/BC. They were extremely easy and pleasant to work with. They called me back when they said they would, took detailed instructions from me, made suggestions as to what would look best on the cake and delivered on what they promised. The Donald cake was three layers and extremely rich, so rich that it was hard to eat more than a very small slice at one sitting. The anniversary cake was a two layer and of the two we much preferred the taste of the white cake - super super yummy!

Also, because we drove and had room for a cooler, I was able to bring the white chocolate toppers home with me!
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm glad to hear it's so easy to work with the Yacht & Beach Club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
Looking at the first page of this thread, it says Pop Century has 6-inch standard vanilla cakes for $21 - does anyone know if that's something that needs to be specially ordered? I could swear I read somewhere that basic cakes were on sale without pre-order at the food court, but maybe I'm wrong.
I checked again last time I was at Pop (last year sometime) and they still had 6-inch celebration cakes in the cases at the food court. That info in the first post is if you want to call and order a cake to be delivered to your room. You can do nominal customization that way (they write on the cake board).
Old 09-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #2872
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

This may have been asked before.. I apologize if it has....

Can I order a custom cake and have it delivered to the cabins?
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Old 09-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #2873
thomascaldwell1
DIS Veteran

To confirm that I understand everything correctly...
Date: Thursday, January 2, 2014
Cake: Basic 6" (feeds 5-7, we will have 5), white cake w/ white buttercream
Cost: $21
Phone# to place order: 407-824-2955

Only detail I'm drawing a blank on (haven't called in just yet- want to make sure I have all details prepared to make only 1 phone call): do I get to make any decoration requests? (i.e. 'Happy Birthday Jamie'?)

Also, how far in advance is too far in advance for a basic cake? We are a bit more than 90 days, is that too much (yes, I completely realize ADR's are 180 days, but it's a basic cake so I don't want the order to get lost in the shuffle over the next 90-some days)?

Thanks to all!!

Old 09-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #2874
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascaldwell1 View Post
(yes, I completely realize ADR's are 180 days, but it's a basic cake so I don't want the order to get lost in the shuffle over the next 90-some days)Thanks to all!!

i thought you can only make cake orders 2-3 weeks ahead of time or that very reason

our surprise day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cIzwp4XWk&feature=plcp

Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #2875
JediBonas
Mouseketeer

Excited, just ordered our birthday cakes for Nov 1st! The gentleman I spoke with was super nice and I look forward to seeing them. I got two mini cakes, both vanilla with vanilla buttercream. My daughter's will be princess themed, my son's pirates. I decided on doing it at our dinner at Captain's Grill since we're staying at Yacht Club (incase of leftovers/messy toddlers). Their bday is the 2nd but we don't have a sit down dinner scheduled for then, just breakfast at H&V, and I figured they don't need cake first thing in the morning on their actual birthday
Old 09-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #2876
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
This may have been asked before.. I apologize if it has....

Can I order a custom cake and have it delivered to the cabins?
Yes, just look up the number for Fort Wilderness in Post #2 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
i thought you can only make cake orders 2-3 weeks ahead of time or that very reason
Disney will take cake orders at any time. I just recommend 2-3 weeks so that your order won't get lost in the shuffle. I'm sure that if you ordered earlier than that and were certain to reconfirm the order a few weeks before you arrive, you'd be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascaldwell1 View Post
To confirm that I understand everything correctly...
Date: Thursday, January 2, 2014
Cake: Basic 6" (feeds 5-7, we will have 5), white cake w/ white buttercream
Cost: $21
Phone# to place order: 407-824-2955

Only detail I'm drawing a blank on (haven't called in just yet- want to make sure I have all details prepared to make only 1 phone call): do I get to make any decoration requests? (i.e. 'Happy Birthday Jamie'?)
If all you want is a basic all-vanilla 6-inch cake, you don't have to order that in advance. You can ask for it at the podium when you check in and request that they write your message on the plate (they can't fit it on the cake).

The only reason to place your order ahead would be if you wanted specific decorations or a fancy cake with fondant over the buttercream. In which case, I think 3 weeks out would be sufficient.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #2877
Taramcc73
Earning My Ears

I am turning 40 (gasp) at Disney World and I am thinking to order myself a cake? Sounds pathetic but I am going with my husband and our best friend and both of these guys would never think about it...though they will shower me with gifts and are taking me to DW but I think a cake is in order too! So, we are staying at Boardwalk and I am thinking to have a cake delivered to the room the first day and we can eat on it for the week. Or should I deliver it to one of our dinners instead of the room? So many decisions! Also, for these smaller cakes are their still options for custom (Princess cakes, etc?)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #2878
tan391
Earning My Ears

Just called the Epcot number to order our cake for the garden grill. I spoke with a very nice lady about an 8"chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I asked for a jack sparrow screen print but she said that she could not do this due to copyright? I then asked her if she could print his picture onto to a white chocolate stand up (as I had seen this before) she said she would check on this for me and get back to me. She said this would be $62. Just waiting for her e-mail back.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #2879
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

I just spoke to Teresa at Epcot about a cake for a Norway princess lunch. The smallest customizable cake is 8" for $47, and includes an edible circle of five princesses or "another character." Flavor choices are vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and vanilla buttercream or chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream. Still trying decide if I want this or a podium cake.

Sent from me.
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #2880
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramcc73 View Post
I am turning 40 (gasp) at Disney World and I am thinking to order myself a cake? Sounds pathetic but I am going with my husband and our best friend and both of these guys would never think about it...though they will shower me with gifts and are taking me to DW but I think a cake is in order too! So, we are staying at Boardwalk and I am thinking to have a cake delivered to the room the first day and we can eat on it for the week. Or should I deliver it to one of our dinners instead of the room? So many decisions! Also, for these smaller cakes are their still options for custom (Princess cakes, etc?)
Not pathetic at all! I turned 30 last month and ordered my own cake for our trip in early September! The cake was important to me and I had fun obsessing over the design, deciding exactly what I wanted. then we both got to enjoy eating it! Why not celebrate yourself?

We had our cake made at BC/YC and delivered to our room, I would suggest it if you want to save the leftovers, much easier to just stash them in the room without having to carry leftovers back from somewhere.

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: