Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #2851
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

I'm going to WDW for a mini-trip Dec 13-16. I'm thinking about just getting a mini cake since it will just be me & my hubby for my 35th bday. Can WL do my cake since we have Artist point dinner reservation our 1st night?

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #2852
elliececil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
Can WL do my cake since we have Artist point dinner reservation our 1st night?
We have an order for a mini cake for our Artist Point dinner in Oct. I started the order through the Contemporary phone number.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #2853
elliececil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever11709 View Post
We will be having it delivered to our Wave dinner so I know I need to go through the contemporary. And I've tried keeping up on all the posts but I can't seem to find the cake hotline number everyone is talking about. Help please?
All the phone numbers are in the first page of this thread which makes it easy to find everything!

From that page
Contemporary Resort 407-824-2955
Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #2854
imapoohbear12
Earning My Ears

So excited ordered a mini wedding cake for my 5th Anniversary from beach club for cape may cafe will post pics in October. 35 bucks for a custom cake is awesome!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #2855
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapoohbear12 View Post
So excited ordered a mini wedding cake for my 5th Anniversary from beach club for cape may cafe will post pics in October. 35 bucks for a custom cake is awesome!!!
we got a mini wedding cake for my kids disneymoon-- so disappointed because it was so small. I mean, two bites and it was gone.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #2856
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
we got a mini wedding cake for my kids disneymoon-- so disappointed because it was so small. I mean, two bites and it was gone.
Wow! We had a mini wedding cake and it was big enough for my daughter & I to share without any problems. I think there was even some left. I wonder if the sizes vary? Mine was the $35 min wedding cake from GF.

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Grand Floridian December 2014

Old 09-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #2857
Susiec
Mouseketeer

I sent an email to the contepory resort yesterday about a cake. How long does it take them to get back to me?

Old 09-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #2858
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiec View Post
Where are the cakes better grand fl. Or contemp?
All the resorts use the same recipes, so the cakes taste pretty much the same everywhere. The pastry teams at the GF and the Contemporary are equally skilled, so that's not really an issue either. For me, the difference is that it is MUCH easier to work with the Contemporary on a custom design than the GF, because they let you email a pastry chef directly and are less stingy about which flavors you can get.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #2859
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I will say that working with the GF is VERY VERY difficult. I have been trying to get in touch with Pat since last week Thursday with no response back. She emailed me back Thursday asking for my phone number so we could finalize my cake order on Friday. I emailed her right back saying I was unable to talk Friday could we do it Saturday or Monday. I got nothing back and no phone call. Tuesday morning I emailed her again asking if we could finalize everything. Again nothing. Yesterday morning I called her and left a message. So far nothing. I am so unhappy about the service that I have gotten from the start with her. I need the cake for 9/24 delivered to our room at the Poly. So I know time is running out. Any idea what to do from here??

A little background on this too. I have been trying to order since June. She told me I was way to early for them to take my order, but then in another email is told me she already has orders taken for Feb 2014. WHAT I totally do not understand that.

Oh and flavor, they really will not work with you on those either. Really wanted the passion fruit mousse and she said no they could only do that for wedding cakes and not a 6inch that I am getting.

Any help with who to contact now would be great!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 09-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #2860
jenluvs2go2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I will say that working with the GF is VERY VERY difficult. I have been trying to get in touch with Pat since last week Thursday with no response back. She emailed me back Thursday asking for my phone number so we could finalize my cake order on Friday. I emailed her right back saying I was unable to talk Friday could we do it Saturday or Monday. I got nothing back and no phone call. Tuesday morning I emailed her again asking if we could finalize everything. Again nothing. Yesterday morning I called her and left a message. So far nothing. I am so unhappy about the service that I have gotten from the start with her. I need the cake for 9/24 delivered to our room at the Poly. So I know time is running out. Any idea what to do from here??

A little background on this too. I have been trying to order since June. She told me I was way to early for them to take my order, but then in another email is told me she already has orders taken for Feb 2014. WHAT I totally do not understand that.

Oh and flavor, they really will not work with you on those either. Really wanted the passion fruit mousse and she said no they could only do that for wedding cakes and not a 6inch that I am getting.

Any help with who to contact now would be great!
I worked with the Contemporary in May and they were fabulous. I was not so impressed with GF either. I kept calling numerous times a day until they answered because I didn't get a call back. I had wanted two colors of Mickey head prints on a mini cake and was told no.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #2861
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been trying to get in touch with Pat since last week Thursday with no response back.

While this thread is AMAZING and VERY informative it also means an abundance of cake orders for the staff.

So many people are ordering special cakes now that it is almost impossible for the staff to keep up with the demand.

I have ordered several cakes in the past ten years and have found it to much more difficult now than ever before. I think that the only thing you can do sometimes is have patience and pray!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #2862
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

With all the complaints about ordering a cake at GF, I decided to skip it. I had called the cake hot line about 2 weeks ago & ordered a 2 tier mini cake at Yachtsman's Steakhouse. I was a little worried since they don't give you a confirmation number & I forgot to ask for an email confirmation too. Cake is ordered for Tuesday. To my surprise I got a phone call this morning confirming all the details! It will be a surprise for my DH, I can't wait to see his reaction!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #2863
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Well at 7:00 p.m. last night, Pat finally called me back. It kind of mad me mad cause she started off the phone call like she never talked to me before about the cake(even though I left a very detail message about our emails back and forth). So I sat on hold for about 8 minutes while she tried to look up everything we talked about.

I know that they are VERY busy, but I thought that when she called she would have been more prepared.

Anyway, We have it all ordered and I really hope it come out the way that I hope it will. Here are the details and I will post pictures as soon as I can.

6inch Almond cake with Custard and Fresh Strawberry filling
It will be frosted in light yellow Buttercream
The decorations will be a party theme with a image of a party Mickey. There will be fondant streamers all around it and it will say "Happy Birthday Daddy"
I am having it delivered on 9/24 to our room at the Poly.
Cost was $66 dollars plus tax and room service charge. When I see the final total I will post that also.

Thanks to everyone on this site for great ideas. I really hope it turns out like all the other wonderful cakes on here. Either way I know my DH will be very surprised when he walks into the room that night and sees it there

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 09-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #2864
imapoohbear12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

It's all I need I
Don't want any left over. Plus we're on the dining plan so we get dessert anyway. It's the thought that counts
Old 09-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #2865
imapoohbear12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Well at 7:00 p.m. last night, Pat finally called me back. It kind of mad me mad cause she started off the phone call like she never talked to me before about the cake(even though I left a very detail message about our emails back and forth). So I sat on hold for about 8 minutes while she tried to look up everything we talked about.

I know that they are VERY busy, but I thought that when she called she would have been more prepared.

Anyway, We have it all ordered and I really hope it come out the way that I hope it will. Here are the details and I will post pictures as soon as I can.

6inch Almond cake with Custard and Fresh Strawberry filling
It will be frosted in light yellow Buttercream
The decorations will be a party theme with a image of a party Mickey. There will be fondant streamers all around it and it will say "Happy Birthday Daddy"
I am having it delivered on 9/24 to our room at the Poly.
Cost was $66 dollars plus tax and room service charge. When I see the final total I will post that also.

Thanks to everyone on this site for great ideas. I really hope it turns out like all the other wonderful cakes on here. Either way I know my DH will be very surprised when he walks into the room that night and sees it there
What a shame. Brittany at beach club is excellent
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: