Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #2836
jamala
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 199

It says Wilderness lodge and villas cake line, 407-824-2090. I hope it is ok to post that, mods if it is not please remove my post.
jamala is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #2837
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer
 
Mike&AllisMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
It says Wilderness lodge and villas cake line, 407-824-2090. I hope it is ok to post that, mods if it is not please remove my post.
Thanks! It should be ok to post, they have the other numbers at the beginning of the thread. I think we can't post email addresses though.
__________________
________________________________

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Grand Floridian December 2014

Mike&AllisMom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #2838
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)
 
jennylyn_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,599

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post

In theory, yes. They may tell you you can't get certain fillings or flavors, but otherwise, Epcot seems to be pretty accommodating with mini cakes these days.

Yes to both, but remember that if you use TIW, they will add an auto gratuity of 18% to the entire bill, including the cost of the cake. Not such a big deal for a mini cake, but for a $100 cake, you're paying $18 in tip to have them set it on your table and slice it.
Great thanks!
jennylyn_b is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #2839
Dis703
DIS Veteran
 
Dis703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
We've brought leftover cake (buttercream-only) home in Tupperware before. It didn't look pretty, but it tasted fine!

Hmm. I guess I need to make a decision here then. Do I try for an ADR, have the cake and bring home the leftovers, however messy. Or do I order a cake to pick up at the end of my trip and do my best to attempt to bring it home as close to one piece as possible. I could buy a tupperware cake holder with the handle to help. Decisions, decisions.

I would never even attempt it if the whole family was with me but since it's just me and my 5 year old and we won't have much luggage it doesn't seem as crazy an idea.

And of course then the biggest decision is what design do we do?! There is no birthday or anything and we are going 2 weeks before Thanksgiving so no real holiday that week either. I prefer not to do fondant too but would consider it if it would a) travel better and b) give me better options for designs.

DS is a huge pirate fan, but really he loves almost everything Disney.
__________________
Me DH DS6 DS3 DS3

Dis703 is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #2840
jimim
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeManBri View Post
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that I am now on a new assignment within the Contemporary Bakery. The cake team has just as much talent though and I will still be there to assist them if needed but your in good hands. Thanks for giving me all your fun and unique ideas to work on the last 5 years!
Hey Brian!

I heard about your move a few weeks ago when I asked about you and the cake I was ordering. They gave me over to Donald (who has taken great care of us).

Best of luck over at the new location!

You kick out some awesome awesome cakes! We still show people picture's of kate's first birthday cake you did for us at CRT!

jimi
__________________


Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #2841
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
I have been emailing with chef Donald at CR for a cake for us next week at wilderness lodge and last night I got an email from Carol at wilderness lodge bakery saying that Donald had forwarded my emails to her and please call the wilderness lodge cake line to order my specialty cake for our stay. I didn't know they did fancy fondant cakes at wilderness but I guess now they do. I am now nervous as we don't have any reviews of cakes made at wilderness.
Wilderness Lodge has always made their own simple cakes, but the Contemporary takes over when you want to get really elaborate. I just confirmed with a very helpful cast member at the WL cake hotline that, while they can handle standard buttercream cakes and mini cakes (like the Mickey's Delight design), more elaborate mini cakes and any kind of cake with fondant can only be made by the Contemporary. It could be that the chef just wanted you to place your order with WL even though it will eventually wend its way back to him. But WL definitely can't do fondant, and they even told me that in most cases they just give out the CR email address so you can work directly with the pastry chefs there.
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #2842
jamala
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Wilderness Lodge has always made their own simple cakes, but the Contemporary takes over when you want to get really elaborate. I just confirmed with a very helpful cast member at the WL cake hotline that, while they can handle standard buttercream cakes and mini cakes (like the Mickey's Delight design), more elaborate mini cakes and any kind of cake with fondant can only be made by the Contemporary. It could be that the chef just wanted you to place your order with WL even though it will eventually wend its way back to him. But WL definitely can't do fondant, and they even told me that in most cases they just give out the CR email address so you can work directly with the pastry chefs there.

Yes, I spoke with them this morning and they do want you to order through them and they pass your order to CR. I spoke with 2 ladies today at WL and they were both great, then I ordered through CR.
jamala is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #2843
elliececil
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Hmm. I guess I need to make a decision here then. Do I try for an ADR, have the cake and bring home the leftovers, however messy. Or do I order a cake to pick up at the end of my trip and do my best to attempt to bring it home as close to one piece as possible.
Or perhaps just have a mini cake at WDW and then have another cake made by a local bakery back home for the whole family to enjoy.
elliececil is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #2844
Dis703
DIS Veteran
 
Dis703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliececil View Post
Or perhaps just have a mini cake at WDW and then have another cake made by a local bakery back home for the whole family to enjoy.
Honestly, there are just no bakeries left around us. All of them have closed down in the past few years and those that remain just do not offer great cakes. And the Disney cake we had in May we all agreed was the tastiest and prettiest cake any of us had ever had which is why I thought it would be nice to bring it home to share with DH and MIL and my sister who were all on that May trip. I'm a HUGE cake fanatic and can be very critical of cakes in general and their buttercream expecially was absolutely amazing.

I also feel much more confident in Disney's ability to manage avoiding cross contamination regarding my kids food allergies.
__________________
Me DH DS6 DS3 DS3

Dis703 is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #2845
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)
 
jennylyn_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post

Honestly, there are just no bakeries left around us. All of them have closed down in the past few years and those that remain just do not offer great cakes. And the Disney cake we had in May we all agreed was the tastiest and prettiest cake any of us had ever had which is why I thought it would be nice to bring it home to share with DH and MIL and my sister who were all on that May trip. I'm a HUGE cake fanatic and can be very critical of cakes in general and their buttercream expecially was absolutely amazing.

I also feel much more confident in Disney's ability to manage avoiding cross contamination regarding my kids food allergies.
Personally, I would pick it up on your last day. Would be freshest and might travel better as a whole, uncut cake then one cut into. Just my opinion though!
jennylyn_b is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #2846
Zuzer
Earning My Ears
 
Zuzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Cute cake!
Thanks!
__________________

DVC Member since 1992
Zuzer is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #2847
Zuzer
Earning My Ears
 
Zuzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 34

[QUOTE=02648;49439670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzer View Post
Here's the cake my husband designed for me for our 25th anniversary and my birthday

Beautiful!
Thank you!
__________________

DVC Member since 1992
Zuzer is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #2848
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction
 
WDW Crawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 179

I think I may order a cake for our first anniversary trip that we just arrived for. Thinking of having it done by contemporary and delivered on our chef mickey adr. We had our wedding at WDW last year and got the gold mickey wedding cake (can't remember the name) but that was great.

Last edited by WDW Crawl; 09-13-2013 at 05:31 AM.
WDW Crawl is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #2849
forever11709
Mouseketeer
 
forever11709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 254

I am ready to order my mom's 47th birthday cake for our trip in mid October. We will be having it delivered to our Wave dinner so I know I need to go through the contemporary. And I've tried keeping up on all the posts but I can't seem to find the cake hotline number everyone is talking about. Help please? Thank you!
__________________




Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline  
Old 09-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #2850
Susiec
Mouseketeer
 
Susiec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 383

Where are the cakes better grand fl. Or contemp?
__________________
Past Trips:
10/2013

Susiec is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: