Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #2731
CakeManBri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliececil View Post
I called the Contemporary number this morning and was given an email address and told that Donald Joyner (sounds like may not be exact spelling) would probably be answering. I mentioned I had heard of pastry chef Brian and was told that "he's moved to a different building" and is no longer doing their cakes.

I'm a bit bummed.
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that I am now on a new assignment within the Contemporary Bakery. The cake team has just as much talent though and I will still be there to assist them if needed but your in good hands. Thanks for giving me all your fun and unique ideas to work on the last 5 years!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #2732
elliececil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeManBri View Post
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that I am now on a new assignment within the Contemporary Bakery. The cake team has just as much talent though and I will still be there to assist them if needed but your in good hands. Thanks for giving me all your fun and unique ideas to work on the last 5 years!
Thanks for posting! I sent my email off before I went to lunch. Looking forward to hearing back from Donald.
I hope you enjoy your new assignment.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #2733
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks for checking in! Hope you have taken a look back through the thread of some of the masterpieces you've helped create and some of the magical memories you've helped to make! Good luck on your new assignment!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #2734
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone,
You made a cake for my parents' 40th anniversary in March, and they were so thrilled with it! Thank you so much for the magic you've passed along to our families!

I will look forward to working with the new team for a cake at Liberty Tree Tavern in October Good luck with your new assignment!

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Old 08-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #2735
Dotsie
Mouseketeer

Brian,

You made my DS CARS cake 2 years ago as well as our 10th Anniversary cake. Sheer perfection - you are incredibly talented. Good luck in your new assignment!!!

Donald Joyner has been a pleasure to work with. He is very prompt with his emails and has given incredible advice. I will for sure post pics of both cakes we have ordered.

This time tomorrow, I'll be at POFQ
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #2736
Dittz
Mouseketeer

Brian was the one who did my sons birthday cake in 2010 for his birthday dinner (on his actual birthday) at Chef Mickey's. It was the best part of our entire experience that evening.
2010 - Son's 5th Birthday trip to WDW - 1st time staying on site

Old 08-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #2737
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Dear Chef,

Just wanted to wish you all the best in your new assignment. You and the rest of the cake team have made some absolutely wonderful cakes for my children. Your cakes will always be a bright spot for us in those trip memories.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #2738
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Wishing you all the best on your new assignment!!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #2739
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliececil View Post
I called the Contemporary number this morning and was given an email address and told that Donald Joyner (sounds like may not be exact spelling) would probably be answering. I mentioned I had heard of pastry chef Brian and was told that "he's moved to a different building" and is no longer doing their cakes.

I'm a bit bummed.
Bummer! Brian made our cake two weeks ago! Hope Donald is as much a pleasure to work with as Brian was!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 08-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #2740
portobello_rd
Mouseketeer

i have been exchanging emails with donald (joiner) and hes been really prompt and really doing his best to work with me.
My husbands favorite movie is the black hole but due to those pesky licensing issues he wouldnt be able to use VINCENT or anything specifically black hole. He did work with me and give me a few ideas but in the end i am going to go a WALL-E route. I will be getting this cake september 22nd so I will post pictures of my cake from Donald. Im sure it will be amazing!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #2741
sidewalks
Earning My Ears

Two boys two birthdays

I am combining two birthday parties at Disney World. There's only 7 of us at the party, but they have two different ideas for a cake.

The 9yr old who normally is happy with banana muffins instead of a cake wants a cake with spaceship earth triangle patterns. I want to go the easy route, get a cake with a character on it for the cake loving son (probably Star Wars or Phin and Ferb), but somehow incorporate spaceship earth in the party decorations.

I mean, could I get a character cake with grey triangle patterns on top? I think he wants them all over. Not a sphere cake, though.

Ideas?

Mom, Dad, two boys 6 and 9
Old 08-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #2742
princessesintraining
Mouseketeer

Is $50 a piece reasonable for a 2 mini cakes? One is a Toy Story/Jessie theme and the other is an Ariel theme? Dinner is at Cali Grill on our last night of our trip which is a birthday trip even thought their birthdays are a month or so off. Are there additional costs? Should I just stick with the slipper desserts at CRT earlier in our trip? TIA
Old 08-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #2743
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesintraining View Post
Is $50 a piece reasonable for a 2 mini cakes? One is a Toy Story/Jessie theme and the other is an Ariel theme? Dinner is at Cali Grill on our last night of our trip which is a birthday trip even thought their birthdays are a month or so off. Are there additional costs? Should I just stick with the slipper desserts at CRT earlier in our trip? TIA
That's a great price for 2 mini cakes. The only additional cost would be tax. If you use the Tables in Wonderland card, the automatic 18% gratuity would be applied to the total cost of the meal, including the cakes.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #2744
LittleBoPeep
"I found my moving buddy!"

Back a couple of weeks ago from our trip for our 20th anniversary. Ordered a cake from Pat at the Grand Floridian for Narcoossee's. Pat was great. She took a day or so to call back when we were playing phone tag, but was very receptive to what I was wanting. I emailed her pictures and two ideas for an UP themed cake. I wanted it to include the house, since we just bought a house, and it's similar to the UP house. Wanted it to either have the mailbox, or for it to have the balloons on top of Paradise Falls. After discussing with the chefs what they could do, Pat got back to me and said we were a go. It was an 8" fondant covered marble cake with chocolate butter cream frosting/filling. YUMMY!!

Price was $175 plus tax/tip. Absolutely worth every penny!
WDW: June 2014 @ ASMu; May 2014 @ POP; Aug. 2013 - POP; Sept./Oct. 2011 - CBR & Vero Beach Resort; Sept. 2010 - CSR; Sept. 2008 - ASMo; Mar./April 2007 - ASMo; Jan. 2006 - POP; May 2005 - CBR, OKW & Poly; May 2004 - offsite (Marriott Grande Vista), POR
Disneyland/DCA: Jan.-Feb. 2014; Dec. 2009/Jan. 2010; July 2007; May 2001.
Disneyland: Sept. 1997, Dec. 1992, May 1989, April 1983, & Feb. 1977.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #2745
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoPeep View Post
Back a couple of weeks ago from our trip for our 20th anniversary. Ordered a cake from Pat at the Grand Floridian for Narcoossee's. Pat was great. She took a day or so to call back when we were playing phone tag, but was very receptive to what I was wanting. I emailed her pictures and two ideas for an UP themed cake. I wanted it to include the house, since we just bought a house, and it's similar to the UP house. Wanted it to either have the mailbox, or for it to have the balloons on top of Paradise Falls. After discussing with the chefs what they could do, Pat got back to me and said we were a go. It was an 8" fondant covered marble cake with chocolate butter cream frosting/filling. YUMMY!!

Price was $175 plus tax/tip. Absolutely worth every penny!
That is a gorgeous cake! Happy Anniversary and new house!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: