Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #2641
nannye
DIS Veteran

Added note. I do not recommend ordering a cake with delivery to hoop dee do unless you are planning to eat it there. It took an hour and 15 min to get Fromm hoop dee doo to POR vi boat to mk and bus to por

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #2642
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

Imhall2000 - where did you order your cake from and what restaurant will it be delivered to? Or is it going to your resort?

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #2643
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclark View Post
Imhall2000 - where did you order your cake from and what restaurant will it be delivered to? Or is it going to your resort?
We will be at Flying Fish the night of my birthday, I asked if I should just stop by Boardwalk and pick it up from there..but he said it would be no problem for them to get it to Flying Fish...are they going to charge me an extra 18%? I would have no problem picking it up at the Bakery since they're so close. Thanks!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #2644
alomba11
Earning My Ears

Thankyou for having wonderful information about the cakes! It's my DS 15 bday on our arrival day and I've ordered a 2 tier mini cake with chocolate on the inside, blue outside and white Micky heads on the outside.

I just wanted something simple because its the 4 of us and we're not really big cake eaters lol I've ordered it for our resort at POR and I wish they had a email address it would be a lot easier

Thanks for all the useful information :good vibes
Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #2645
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

I am thinking of ordering the small 2 tier wedding cake for our arrival at BLT for our wedding and honeymoon trip. I really would like to try either the passion fruit or tropical fruit filling but what cake flavors go with that? Any suggestions?? What have you all done?

Thanks so much,
Jodi
Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #2646
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
...are they going to charge me an extra 18%?
No. The only time the 18% gets tacked on is if you are dining with a group that's big enough to trigger an auto-gratuity (more than 6 people) or use the Table In Wonderland card on your meal.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #2647
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
No. The only time the 18% gets tacked on is if you are dining with a group that's big enough to trigger an auto-gratuity (more than 6 people) or use the Table In Wonderland card on your meal.
Thanks! They quoted me $42 for 8" chocolate everything with inspired flowers grass like the pictures I sent, excited! I will have to eat light that day to enjoy the cake

Old 08-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #2648
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
I am thinking of ordering the small 2 tier wedding cake for our arrival at BLT for our wedding and honeymoon trip. I really would like to try either the passion fruit or tropical fruit filling but what cake flavors go with that? Any suggestions?? What have you all done?

Thanks so much,
Jodi
We are trying to do either of those fillings with almond cake for my DH birthday next month. They told me I have to see if a wedding orders them and then I could get them I have not contacted GF yet, but I was told this a month ago in a email from them. Not sure if BLT will be the same way. I think regular vanilla would work also

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 08-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #2649
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post

Thanks so much,
Jodi
I had white cake with passion fruit filling for my birthday cake at California Grill last year and it was simply perfect. Very cute (the two-tier mini-cake in "Figment" colors), absolutely delicious, and just the right size for the 4 of us after an excellent dinner.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Old 08-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #2650
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post

We are trying to do either of those fillings with almond cake for my DH birthday next month. They told me I have to see if a wedding orders them and then I could get them I have not contacted GF yet, but I was told this a month ago in a email from them. Not sure if BLT will be the same way. I think regular vanilla would work also
LOL! I know what you mean with the GF! I'm going to order a grooms cake for the night before our cruise leaves (we are getting married on the Dream) and I was told the same thing for the filling I wanted which is peanut butter cup.

If you happen to get these flavors please let me know how it turned out and good luck

Jodi
Old 08-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #2651
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

We were very pleased with our Peter Pan cake from Chef Brian we got for our now 3 year old's birthday! We were quoted $50 for the two tier mini cake, chocolate with peanut butter mousse filling. I can't find my receipt, but with tax, gratuity (which I was automatically charged 18%) and delivery to our room at Wilderness Lodge it was about $65. The only hiccup is that we'd ordered the cake to be delivered between 2-3pm so it would be in the room when we got back. They don't start deliveries until 4 so by the time we got it the birthday boy was napping. Needles to say we didn't tackle it till after dinner so it had melted a wee bit and we took half of it home! But it made for a tasty treat when we got home!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #2652
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We were very pleased with our Peter Pan cake from Chef Brian we got for our now 3 year old's birthday! We were quoted $50 for the two tier mini cake, chocolate with peanut butter mousse filling. I can't find my receipt, but with tax, gratuity (which I was automatically charged 18%) and delivery to our room at Wilderness Lodge it was about $65. The only hiccup is that we'd ordered the cake to be delivered between 2-3pm so it would be in the room when we got back. They don't start deliveries until 4 so by the time we got it the birthday boy was napping. Needles to say we didn't tackle it till after dinner so it had melted a wee bit and we took half of it home! But it made for a tasty treat when we got home!

That is really cute! I didn't realize they could put characters on top of mini cakes!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #2653
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Hello all. I have a little bit of a dilemma and was hoping you all could help. I am having a little bit of "mommy guilt". We have 4 kiddos 2 girls and 2 boys. We were able to secure a CRT reservation before our MVMCP, so I went ahead and reserve the "Her Royal Highness" package for my daughters. THey will be getting 1 balloon, 2 crowns, and a chocolate slipper saying Welcome Princesses. I feel like the boys are gonna feel left out and like I am showing favortisim to the girls. (We do have TRex and Sci Fi drive inn booked for the boys). Is there something I can do for the boys? If not, can I get some sorta special dessert for just them at Trex or Sci Fi?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #2654
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Nixie-A while back, someone posted a crown dessert that they got at CRT for a boy.
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
Old 08-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #2655
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
Hello all. I have a little bit of a dilemma and was hoping you all could help. I am having a little bit of "mommy guilt". We have 4 kiddos 2 girls and 2 boys. We were able to secure a CRT reservation before our MVMCP, so I went ahead and reserve the "Her Royal Highness" package for my daughters. THey will be getting 1 balloon, 2 crowns, and a chocolate slipper saying Welcome Princesses. I feel like the boys are gonna feel left out and like I am showing favortisim to the girls. (We do have TRex and Sci Fi drive inn booked for the boys). Is there something I can do for the boys? If not, can I get some sorta special dessert for just them at Trex or Sci Fi?
TRex has a really cool dessert called chocolate extinction. It's chocolate cake with caramel sizzle, chocolate sauce drizzle and vanilla ice cream. It's delicious but the cutest thing about it is it comes out with this container of dry ice that smokes like crazy as if it were a volcano or something!! My son thinks it's so cool and he doesn't even eat chocolate. He still wants to order it and just eats the ice cream. It's big enough for probably three or four people to share.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: