Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 02:01 AM   #2551
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

My DD & I are going to be at CSR just after her birthday and I was wondering where would be the best place to order a 6inch cake to be delivered to the room??

There are soooooo many options and wonderful cakes I have seen on this thread!!

Old 08-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #2552
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovinfamily View Post
I want to order a cake for DH for his birthday. We leave next Saturday and his birthday is the 23. We are eating at Ohana that night for dinner and we are staying at AoA. Would you think it would be better to have delivered to the room or to dinner?
I always prefer to have it delivered to the room because it's gonna end up there anyway and then I don't have to carry it! AoA is very easy to work with for cakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
I know the link was posted but I wanted to add our experience. This was last Aug. we ordered this for our daughter as a surprise. She was 5 1/2 at the time & totally blown away from everything. She couldn't believe what all they did for her. The attention she got from the princesses was amazing. Then the icing on the cake was when we left. This was pure luck. We had a stroller and the fireworks were just going to start. We had to exit the front of the castle and we did just as the first firework went off. That was amazing. And since we couldn't get out w/ our stroller b/c of the crowd, we ended up w/ a front row seat on the bridge. The night was magical.
What a great experience! Thanks for letting us know how it went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
My DD & I are going to be at CSR just after her birthday and I was wondering where would be the best place to order a 6inch cake to be delivered to the room??

There are soooooo many options and wonderful cakes I have seen on this thread!!
Unfortunately, CSR is the one place that *doesn't* have many options—they don't get their cakes from a Disney bakery like the rest of the resorts, they make their own. And they only have five choices. Complete details are in Post #2. Alternatively, you could order a cake for one of your meals elsewhere, and then you'll have more options. Just find the park or resort in the list in Post #2 for details on ordering and options.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #2553
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info!! Bummer about the CSR, though has anyone had one of their cakes?? Are they any good? (Like there is a bad cake!!)

Old 08-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #2554
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
Thanks lurkyloo! You've been very helpful throughout this looong thread!

I am leaning toward the mini castle cake - chocolate buttercream frosting over a chocolate cake. It's a win/win since he'll eat the cake and I'll get the castle!

Quick question regarding payment - is the cost of the cake always added to your restaurant bill or can I keep the cost separate (i.e. a secret) and pay it ahead of time?
You can't pay it ahead of time, but you can get it billed separately. When we had my sister's birthday cake at WCC in Feb, I quietly spoke to the waiter after he had served the cake and let him know the bill for that was to come to me. He had no problem with that.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #2555
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Thanks for the info!! Bummer about the CSR, though has anyone had one of their cakes?? Are they any good? (Like there is a bad cake!!)
I've had the Oreo one. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I prefer buttercream frosting, and they use whipped cream frosting. They sell individual slices of the cakes in the counter-service place. This isn't what a full cake would look like, but it will give you an idea...

Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #2556
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

Hi (again)!

I posted this question on the CBR thread but no one thought that the resort handled this:

Does the cake hotline also handle requests for the tuxedo strawberries? I noticed pictures on this thread where some folks had room service celebrations that involved chocolate covered strawberries and champagne.

I already have a surprise gift basket coming from Disney Florist for my DH and am looking for a small plate of "Welcome to Disney" strawberries and some bubbly.

Just not sure if I contact CBR to arrange this ahead of time or is only available in the Deluxe resorts?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #2557
somelicious
Earning My Ears

I find myself planning my Disney trips around celebrations just so that I can plan/order a custom cake. Anyone else have this problem???

My next trip will be in November with some friends and we will be celebrating my BEST friend's 29th birthday! We are having her birthday dinner at BOG (can't wait!!!!) and of course I'd love to order a custom cake.

Has anyone had experiences with asking for a mini cake that is covered in chocolate ganache? I know they can do regular sized cakes this way. To say she is a chocolate lover is an understatement, and considering there will only be 4 of us, I feel like a 6" cake will be much too large. I'm also open to suggestions to get as much chocolate in that cake as possible!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #2558
Joanna & Hunters Mom
I wish I could live at Disney!!

I may have missed this info elsewhere, but we are celebrating ds bday at Ohana breakfast on 9/11. Can you get a cake during breakfast hours? I was thinking just a mini cake or special cupcake since we will be heading straight to the park. Any help is appreciated.

May, 2009 Offsite~June, 2012 Pop Century
September, 2013 Pop Century~May, 2014 Caribbean Beach
Old 08-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #2559
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
Does the cake hotline also handle requests for the tuxedo strawberries? I noticed pictures on this thread where some folks had room service celebrations that involved chocolate covered strawberries and champagne.

Just not sure if I contact CBR to arrange this ahead of time or is only available in the Deluxe resorts?
Usually this is only available at Deluxe Resorts because they have a Private Dining department to handle it. But it's worth calling the number for CBR in Post #2 just to see if there's a chance their foood service department could do something like this. You can also purchase chocolate-covered strawberries at the candy shop on Main Street, U.S.A., but I know it's not really the same as a surprise delivery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by somelicious View Post
I find myself planning my Disney trips around celebrations just so that I can plan/order a custom cake. Anyone else have this problem???

Quote:
Originally Posted by somelicious View Post

Has anyone had experiences with asking for a mini cake that is covered in chocolate ganache? I know they can do regular sized cakes this way. To say she is a chocolate lover is an understatement, and considering there will only be 4 of us, I feel like a 6" cake will be much too large. I'm also open to suggestions to get as much chocolate in that cake as possible!
I don't think that would be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna & Hunters Mom View Post
I may have missed this info elsewhere, but we are celebrating ds bday at Ohana breakfast on 9/11. Can you get a cake during breakfast hours? I was thinking just a mini cake or special cupcake since we will be heading straight to the park. Any help is appreciated.
You can get a cake delivered at any meal, even breakfast. If all you want is a cupcake, many restaurants have free birthday cupcakes they give out. You might just double-check with Ohana.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #2560
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

Thanks lurkyloo!

You've been a wonderful help to me and have been very patient with all the postings!

I will give CBR a call to see if they can finagle a strawberry/bubbly surprise. "It doesn't hurt to ask - they worst that can happen is they say 'no'!"
Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #2561
Dittz
Mouseketeer

For those of you (if any) that have had the royal highness package at CRT, how many people will the cake feed (in general). Also I figure the top of the princess is plastic (like a Barbie) and is most likely only waist up, what about the Ariel one? Is she completely plastic? Want to get this for DD next year but we may have 7-10 people at the meal.
2010 - Son's 5th Birthday trip to WDW - 1st time staying on site

Old 08-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #2562
Keithsmomma
Earning My Ears

Going to Disney and celebrating my son's 3rd birthday on 9/24. When should i place cake order?
Thanks!
Rachael
Old 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #2563
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

I am very impressed with the response time, I placed my order yesterday and I had an email confirmation today with my order. Can't wait for Saturday night!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #2564
pjew
Mouseketeer

Hello,

hope you can help me....i'm sure the answer is somewhere in this 'Cake' thread but so much to read. LOL.

I'm having dinner at Narcoossee's in November for our 25th Anniversary with a party of 11. I have designed the cake that i wish to have. Im looking at a 6 - 8 inch cake. Where do i send my design to or who do i call? How far in advance do i need order it?

Thanks a bunch!!
Nov. 15- Nov.25, 2013 [/FONT]
Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #2565
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

If I put in an order for a mini cake or a 6inch cake at Magic Kingdom but are not eating at any TS meals there, where would I pick it up?? Or do I have to have a TS ressie to get one from there?? We will be at CSR so there wont be a delivery, and I would like to just pick one up, just not sure where?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: